• 3: Good

0 0%
  • 2: Boring

0 0%
  • 1: Wack

0 0%

Thread: Kingpin Skinny Pimp - King of Da Playaz Ball

Default Kingpin Skinny Pimp - King of Da Playaz Ball

1. Intro / For the record, DJ Paul has the worst fake mexican accent ever lmao.

2. One Life 2 Live 5/5 one of my all time favorite three 6 mafia songs. they really fucked up by having all their good artists leave the label. skinny pimp was the best imo.

3. Nobody Crosses Me 5/5 This track offers more of what Three 6 became known for. Demonic sounding beats with a Scarface sample for the hook and gangsta lyrics. They were definitely at their peak production wise on this album.

4. Midnight Hoes 5/5 This track is more laid back and funky. Skinny Pimp rapping about what he knows best. Definitely one of the strongest songs on the album. Something tells me that 8Ball & MJG would've fit perfectly on this track.

5. Lookin 4 Da Chewin 4/5 A classic Three 6 Mafia song. The beat is crazy but the song as a whole isn't one of my favorites. I can't remember what horror movie they sampled for the beat but they used it well. This song also has one of my favorite Skinny Pimp lines: "Say ahh, not the thermometer, bitch it's the 9 inches"

6. Long Story 5/5 "A legal pimp is a lawyer in the court making paper" Great way to start off a track. Skinny Pimp shows his storytelling abilities on this track over a smooth beat by DJ Paul & Juicy J. Again, I recognize the sample but I can't remember where I've heard it from.

7. Ya'll Ain't No Killaz, Ya'll Niggaz Some Hoes 5/5 Songs like these are why I started listening to Three 6 Mafia in the first place. Perfect fight music. I could picture someone getting their skull cracked in memphis in '96 to this song.

8. Hear My Dear/Angel 3.5/5 Wasn't really feelin this track. The lyrics were fine but there was just waaay too much going on with the beat for me to actually bump this.

9. I Don't Love 'Em 5/5 One of my favorites on the album. Gangsta Boo has a great opening verse. Definitely steals the show on this track.

10. We Ain't No Playa Hatas 5/5 This track reminds me of some west coast shit. eazy-e sample for the hook (bailed outside and pointed my weapon). K-Rock steals the show with his verse.

11. Pimpin and Hoin' 3/5 Could've been better. Again, there was just way too much going on at times. The beat is fine when Skinny Pimp is spitting his verses but when the chorus comes in you're hit with a barrage of sounds that almost hurts the ears.

12. Don't Test Me 4/5 Skinny Pimp kills it on this track but after listening to it I'm not sure how I feel about the beat. I think Paul and Juice were just trying out new sounds on this album since they were still growing as artists at this time. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

13. Let's Start a Riot 5/5 Bone Thugs N Harmony diss. One of the stand-out tracks on the album imo.

14. King of Da Playaz Ball 5/5 This is strictly pimp shit. Something you can ride and smoke to. Skinny Pimp sounds best over these kinds of beats.

15. All About Them Prophets 5/5 Like every Three 6 Mafia release, the track that everyone is waiting for is the posse song. This is one of the top 5 posse songs that they've ever done. Lord Infamous steals the show with his verse (might be my favorite Infamous verse ever):

"I am diving in the eye of a volcano onto oceans made of lava
    Reading novels based on Kamikaze war and things that are bizarre,
    Having voodoo rituals, bloody and mystical, in the mystic dark of waters
    Traveled by the vicious great white shark,
    Taping bombs around my waist in front of the fire place
    And soaking in my pool of kerosene while smoking a blunt of hay
    Twist, impaling, creature killings, satan's children, on the ceilings
    Scarecrow's looking in a mirror that won't give no image"

16. Outro

17. Blaze Up Another One 5/5 Bonus track featuring Gangsta Blac. I've always loved this song. It's a shame that both of them had to have a falling out with Three 6 cause they were two of the best emcees they had. Oh well.

Stand-out tracks:

Overall I'd give this a 7/10. Could've been better but considering this was one of their first official CDs that they made it's great. This was when they were at their best.
    Last edited by djskillz; 09-18-2010 at 04:57 AM.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted