1 14.29%
  • DOPE (3STARS & TIME WILL TELL)

4 57.14%
  • NOPE IT'S FUCKING WACK

1 14.29%

Thread: Ice cube i am west review

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Ice cube i am west review

When you think of West Coast rap music, you think NWA, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg and with Ice Cube dropping his new album aptly titled “I AM THE WEST”. The album is a bit of ego boosting and straight west coast representing with it's hard body beats and hard knocking lyrics. With the style of music Ice Cube makes from his strong gangsta rap with the political twist yet still harking back to days of NWA with an update formula for the times Ice Cube remains timeless with his content and lyricism.

From tracks “Hood Robbin” to “Soul on Ice” that shine though the prism of what has been built on the heels of what was created almost twenty years ago and yet Ice Cube still sounds refreshing even such featuring his sons OMG & Doughboy on a couple of tracks. Even the heart felt track “It what it is” where Cube talks about why he does what he does and proclaiming he “does it for his kids” which is a metaphor for both his life and west coast rappers that have been spawned from the NWA era and the 90's era of West coast rap music. But when you see the “No Vaseline” Cube pop up on “I rep that West” and “Drink the Kool-Aid” spitting venom telling new artist to step back and respect with the elders of the game.

Overall this album is strong rep of where the west coast music is and has come and Ice Cube is still that N#$%a with Attitude and even after his last two albums this new one proves he hasn't lost it or hasn't slowed down at all. This album is a definite 4.5 stars out of 5 stars because of his lyricism, subject matter, beats and the whole package. So remember where you saw the dub first thrown up and bow down.

4.5 out of 5 stars

FRESH FISH

Dopeness. Review is spot on gee, great fucken album, simply great. Thanks Cube.

-

Wack album. Ice Cube needs to stop rapping.