• 2: Boring

1 25.00%
  • 1: Wack

0 0%

Thread: John Legend & The Roots - "Wake Up!"

Default John Legend & The Roots - "Wake Up!"

01. "Hard Times"
    02. "Compared to What"
    03. "Wake Up Everybody" (Ft. Common & Melanie Fiona)
    04. "Our Generation (The Hope Of The World)" (Ft. CL Smooth)
    05. "Little Ghetto Boy (Prelude)" (Ft. Malik Yusef)
    06. "Little Ghetto Boy"
    07. "Hang In On There"
    08. "Humanity (Love The Way it Should Be)"
    09. "Wholy Holy"
    10. "I Can't Write Left Handed"
    11. "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free"
    12. "Shine"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i haven't seen any discussion about this album on here whatsoever but i just put it on for the 2nd time right now (first time was yesterday) after just coming home from a shitty, long ass day, tired as hell and the music instantly made me feel better and cleared my head. John Legend and The Roots are a great match-up and if you haven't checked out this album i strongly suggest you to do so. one of the better soul albums that i've heard the last few years.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

great album, i'd like to hear roots work with more vocalists and dip into other genres more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    great album, i'd like to hear roots work with more vocalists and dip into other genres more often.
    check out Al Green's "Lay it Down" album, fully produced and with instruments played by ?uestlove and James Poyser. it's from 2008 i think... then of course D'Angelo's "Voodoo" which has ?uest and the Soulquarian's all over - possibly one of the best albums of all time. also Badu's "Mama's Gun".