Thread: Nas needs to do more songs with......

Inspektah Meth-Tical

Default Nas needs to do more songs with......

PETE ROCK. The World is Yours is the greatest rap song ever and the beat was just amazing. One of Rock's top 5 beats, why can't they do more beats together? I mean a Pete Rock beat on It Was Written would have been mad awesome and it would most likely have been a classic.

Veteran Member

Because they've had the longest beef about Nas's baby mama from the time. But recently Pete himself said that shit was over & was willing to work with Nas again for any projects. Shame they only did 2 tracks together

The ABBOTT

yeah, its sad that my fav producer and one of my top 5 mcs have not had more collabo's. I also wondered while listening to some petestrumentals, how great would it be if nas would be on them

yeah it's a fucking shame that they only got that one record to show, Pete Rock and Nas instantly created MAGIC and a timeless classic with "The World is Yours". Perhaps "Illmatic" would not have been the classic it is, without it (just like it might not have been a classic if "One Love" was replaced or "NY State", etc.)

Pete Rock did a few remixes that he premiered live on the air on the Future Flavaz Show, including a dope remix of "Street Dreams". i wish he would've released all those remixes (Big L, Nas, ATCQ, MOP, etc, etc) but that will probably never happen.

A track called "Deja Vu" was leaked as part of Nas demo tape that was supposedly done in 1992 and the song (which had the "Verbal Intercourse" verse) was said to be a Pete production. Recently it turned out that "Deja Vu" was in fact a song recorded for "It Was Written", by a rather unknown producer. incredible joint tho.

As Jin said, they had a falling out because Nas thought Pete was fucking his baby moms that's why they haven't worked together since but now on to the GOOD NEWS!! I can't remember if it was either Nas or Pete Rock that announced that Nas has been reaching out to Pete for beats for his next project. one can only hope!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Nas and Pete Rock to Reunite For Upcoming Album

Most devout Nas followers can agree that 1994’s Illmatic was one the most influential hip-hop albums in history. The record is generally known world-wide as the album that shaped Nas to be who he is today. Well fans of the artist and music lovers alike have a special treat to look forward to in the coming months as renowned hip-hop producer Pete Rock has returned to join forces in the studio with Nas in hopes of developing what the rap world hopes to be his next Illmatic.

Rock recaps how the duo was reunited in the most casual of ways: “I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it…. I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him." (AllHipHop.com)

Other than bringing the two hip-hop giants back together in the studio, The New York-based producer has been keeping busy with other projects. Rock has also relaunched his own label Soul Brother Recordings and will be releasing material of some brand new artists in the near future. In addition to this, Pete has been adding his finishing touches to the recent Redman & Methman track, "A-Yo" and laying the beats down for his own solo material.
    The two have yet to work together since Illmatic made rap history in 1994, and just as the world has been waiting for a reuniting the likes of this, so too have the artist and producer been hoping to cross paths once again. The duo has yet to announce a release date for the album, however we here at Universal Music are confident that the outcome of their sophomore production, will be just as influential and life changing as their previous.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I'd like to hear Nas do more songs with Scarface, with the live vibe and vocal talent of In Between Us. If they use Mike Dean, Tone Capone, Kanye and Nottz I think it would equal to some dope music.

About the Pete/Serch beef, there was a reunion interview for Illmatic where MC Serch reflected on a time when Pete Rock gave him trouble over a money deadline on a day that Serch was mourning a family member. Pete's response in the article to Serch's accusation was "niggas still remember bullshit?".

I think Nas & Face did another song on "I Am", can't remember the name tho

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    I think Nas & Face did another song on "I Am", can't remember the name tho
    Favor for a Favor..

more artists need to work with Pete Rock in general but ya, Nas and Pete Rock collabo would be dope to hear again

Inspektah Meth-Tical

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Nas and Pete Rock to Reunite For Upcoming Album

Most devout Nas followers can agree that 1994’s Illmatic was one the most influential hip-hop albums in history. The record is generally known world-wide as the album that shaped Nas to be who he is today. Well fans of the artist and music lovers alike have a special treat to look forward to in the coming months as renowned hip-hop producer Pete Rock has returned to join forces in the studio with Nas in hopes of developing what the rap world hopes to be his next Illmatic.

Rock recaps how the duo was reunited in the most casual of ways: “I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it…. I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him." (AllHipHop.com)

So was this interview recent? If so, if Rock is on Nas's 10th album with production by RZA, West and maybe Primo, then, this could be another classic, fuck that album could be the best for this decade if it happened. I just want Rock to do another song with Nas.

And claaa7, when did this beef happen and did Rock produce De Ja Vu?

Wu Vatican

[QUOTE=Inspektah Meth-Tical;1971522]So was this interview recent? If so, if Rock is on Nas's 10th album with production by RZA, West and maybe Primo, then, this could be another classic, fuck that album could be the best for this decade if it happened. I just want Rock to do another song with Nas.

And claaa7, when did this beef happen and did Rock produce De Ja Vu?[/QUOTE]

both of those answers are in this thread

http://rapradar.com/2010/09/30/pete-...-lost-tapes-2/

It sounds like its gonna happen again
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

Inspektah Meth-Tical

you sir, just made my day.

PRODIGAL SUN

pete rock & nas=cook, coke, crack
    "get money by all means necessary"

Veteran Member

How is this gonna work if its "new"? New as in newly produced? Otherwise that would defeat the purpose of LOST Tapes or just a Nas/Pete song we've never heard?