• Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hell Razah - Heaven Razah Reviews

Veteran Member

Default Hell Razah - Heaven Razah Reviews

Dropped yesterday (28th), some ill production & rhymes. Glad he really shined on the solo tip instead of relying on guest features (ahem Remarkable Timing). Ill write my review later...

1. The Arrival (Intro) [prd by Dev 1]
    2. Negro Angelitos [prd by Dev 1]
    3. Book Of Heaven Razah [prd by Rainmayqah]
    4. Medical Kush [prd by Bronze Nazareth]
    5. Raised In Hell [prd by Mathematics]
    6. Fear Of God [prd by Godz Wrath]
    7. Cinematic [prd by 4th Disciple]
    8. Return Of The Renaissance w/ RA The Rugged Man [prd by Dev 1]
    9. Kids In The Street [prd by Ayatollah]
    10. A Brooklyn Tale (as T.H.U.G. Angelz) [prd by Shroom]
    11. Selah (A Thug's Prayer) [prd by St. Peter]
    12. Dear Lord (Project Heaven) [prd by Dev 1]
    13. My Testimony w/ Darnell McClain [prd by Blastah Beatz]
    14. Heaven On Earth w/ Timbo King & Darnell McClain [prd by Blastah Beatz]
    15. Armageddon (Heaven & Hell)/Araboth [prd by Havoc/Dev 1]

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

1. The Arrival (Intro)
    Ok. Here we go. Get Ready for take off. Hell Razah is on some different shit with this album right here. Listen to this intro. You feel like you being levitated in the air listening to this shit. Listen to these lyrics, he is not playing any games on here. Very deep on this Intro. "They Took the image of Pac and gave you Kanye"......hmmmmm??? This man is going in. The beat is nice though. I'm feeling it, this track perfectly describes what this album is going to be about, if you're not ready take a step back. 4/5

2. Negro Angelitos
    I'm not gonna lie, this beat is wack. Not feeling it. Besides that Razah's dartz on this are crazy, that picture he paints on here is VIVID. If you've been listening to Hell Razah since the beginning this shit should just hit you right on the head if it hasn't already. That first verse did it for me. Flawless rhyming. The second verse is even better, listen to his flow on that shit, listen to them lyrics, he starts heating up & heating up then he just cuts the verse short on us.

"Young Solomon my rap words form proverbs
    Remain militant, most women wanna observe
    We drink fine herbs, smell like frankincense and myrrh
    Till my mind blood I'll mack like I'm Max Julien
    Drop jewels make crews have to tuck jewelry in
    Off one like Brand Nubian
    Wisdom is better then rubies
    You floss that'll attract groupies
    While you fade away I stay alive where the truth be
    Keeping Negro my eyes low there's bottles of dro'
    Cuz after this ship I'm leaving here in UFO's"

3.5/5

3. Book of Heaven Razah
    A nice smooth joint from Razah. One of my favorite traits from him, you're gonna get a smooth joint like this from him on his albums. Beat is nice on this one. The lyrics on this one are pretty deep, it took me awhile to catch em. He definitely is dropping jewels to his listeners, listen up! 4/5

4. Medical Kush
    This is a nice chill joint, beat is cool. Lyrics make you forget all about the beat. He definitely is going in on this shit. Like it's too much to even type for this review to be honest. But his lyrics are just on a whole new level of rhyming. I'm waiting to hear this new Priest album now cause he's giving him a run for his money. Some of my standout lines are

"Brothers I love they done turned to haters
    They all Judas so I gave them hangers
    You Hindus they don't want the angers
    I'm in PA in the shooting ranges
    Coffee shop wit the newest Hagers
    It's Star Wars without Ronald Reagan
    And I'm a legend rap Larry Davis
    Shooting at anything that's pagan"

This shit is raw & spiritual all in one. Hell Razah definitely stepped it up for this album. This is a pretty solid track, top 5 on the album. 4/5

5. Raised In Hell
    Finally an uptempo track!! This shit goes in, I love how it first comes on then the beat drops, Razah just starts spittin on this shit, this sounds like some Razah's ladder shit to be honest. Hell Razah is slapping niggaz on the mic. Someone let this line though

"Tell these Clorox rapper this the new NY
    Just because ??????????? I'll let 'em slide"

someone fill me in, I can't quite figure out what he's saying on that one right there. He's definitely taking shots at you know who, we don't need to discuss that. Anyways this is a solid track. 4/5

6. Fear of God
    This is my favorite track on the album, this beat is just on some other shit, I can't really describe it, Hell Razah's lyrics just bring this shit to life, I feel like posting this whole verse down cause he is just going in on this shit "Jackie Robinson whips.....brooklyn dodgers" ha , my nigga Razah on some other shit.
    ***ok now peep this observation I made. Now him & Killah Priest are cool NOW. But idk if this was recorded before or after they resolved their beef but peep this.

"Every since I went solo I heard them taking shots on the low low
    even though it broken my heart, why Manolo"

now we all know Manolo was Scarface's right hand man. (Priest in this case)

Now listen to his flow/voice from

"Ever since I was solo I heard 'em taking shots on the low-low
    Even though it broke my heart, why? Manolo
    I'm loco, can easily snap without a photo
    The wrong one to come up on to get promo
    Be with Silverback thugs, we give you bear hugs"

Now Priest been sounding like that on his recent shit lately, voice deep, slow flow...come on. To me that's a shot at Priest

****BUT THIS is all speculation. DON'T QUOTE ME. This is just something I noticed.

Anyways I'm giving this track a 4.5/5

7. Cinematic
    Aight. I'mma keep it 100. This is a good story by Razah, I'm definitely feeling the concept on this one, but this is kind of boring to me. I think it's the beat. But I usually skip this one. But I definitely like how he uses the classic black flick characters and throws em on some street shit. 3.5/5

8. Return of the Renaissance (Feat. RA The Rugged Man)
    Another uptempo joint. I'm feeling this shit. Both these dudes body the Mic. Hell Razah sets the tempo for this shit, I'mma be honest I'm not a fan of rugged man but he killed Razah on this shit

"As a Kid I wasn't interested in transformers,
    wanted to be like Rambo and shoot rocket launchers"

ha, nice line right there. Solid track 4/5

9. Kids In The Street
    Another banger, I'm feeling the street tale on this shit, Razah giving you these images man, we definitely need to step our game on these streets. I'm feeling the message on this one right here. This beat is fire on here too by the way. 4/5

10. A Brooklyn Tale (Feat. Shabazz the Disciple)
    Shabazz took it on this one, back to that calm shit. Another street tale about people lost out here. I'm definitely feeling it, they touched the heart with this one right here. Story is clear is day on this one. When these two niggaz get on a track you know it's something good. 4/5

11. Selah
    I'm feeling this one right here, this beat is real calming for real. Razah is bringing brothers together on this one. This is nice and short.
    " I left hell in the elevator, next stop is the heaven razah" you can tell on this track. You get a different feel from Hell Razah on here, you can definitely tell it's a whole new persona on this album. I'm feeling it and I'm hoping we can get more. 4/5

12. Dear Lord
    I'm not even gonna lie. I'm feeling the lyrics but this is kind of boring. I'm skipping this track 9.5/10 times it comes on. 3/5

13. My Testimony
    This is the last track I actually play on this album, after this I'm hitting skip. It's hit or miss. I'm feeling the beat on here. Razah is solid on this shit, spitting that fire. As a Wu fan I must point this out

" bury them songs in that underground Wu ?????????"

Someone help me out with that one right there. After that line he says

"it's no beef just rest in peace"

hmmmmm??? Razah ok ok. This is a pretty solid track though. 4/5

14. Heaven on Earth (Featuring Timbo King)
    Another boring track. I'm skipping this most of the time. Could've easily replaced this with something else. 3.5/5

15.Armageddon/Araboth
    He could've ended the album off with something better to be honest. But this song does it job for the theme of this album. You gotta sit back and vision it. 3.5/5

Beats - 3.5/5
    Lyrics - 5/5
    Overall - 4/5

I wish there were some more uptempo joints on this album, this album runs kind of slow at some points to be honest. This album flows really well. I know I said before that this is his best work but I still need more time. The album does flow well, but I can take a track like "Smoking Gunnz" and it's better than half the songs on here. The lyrics on here definitely take you to another level. The beats could've been better to me, but they do the album some justice. I'm hoping we can get at least one more Heaven Razah album so I can see where this is going because I'm definitely Interested. ****Overall 4/5****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 01-06-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

^^lol you take your reviews seriously....

....reserving my spot too lol

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

lol
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

i'm feeling this alot on the first spin, lyrically Heaven Razah is straight on point. lyrically it's probably close to a masterpiece and 50% of the beats hit me hard as hell such as "Arrival", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Streets", "Book of Heaven Razah", etc. but i got a feeling this is one of the albums you gotta take your time with. it's a fucking blessing more and more people (including rappers) are realizing what the fuck is happening/what we are and releases spiritual music that uplifts your soul instead of the same ol' bullshit.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^^Thats generally how I feel about Hell Razah's earlier work, more specifically Renaisance Child and Razah's Ladder. His lyrics are particularlly deep and multi lyered, a lot of time I won't fully understand what he's trying to say until after a few spins, it does take a while to fully appreciate his lyricism.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

yes exactly and most people won't be able to grasp it at all, or doesn't even want to try to understand what he's saying. some stuff is a little out there, such as the theories about annunaki's and planet x, etc. but there's alot of people that believe in those things and there might very well be some truth to it. either way it's great that rappers like Razah, Priest, Sick Jacken, KRS-One and Ill Bill is doing their best to spiritually awaken people for 2012 (and no, i'm not talking about the world going under on some armageddon shit, i'm talking about the total opposite). it's a good thing not the entire album is like that tho, he switches it up nicely with "Cinematic", now i fully grasp how he dropping names from blaxploatation flicks while building an intense story and "Kids in the Street" and the song about the heroine junkie (can't remember the name) is other songs that stands out.

RA The Rugged Man's flow is too ill on "Return Of The Renaissance", definitely outshines Razah (but who doesn't he outshine), too bad Tragedy couldn't appear on here. Havoc really suprised me with the production for "Armageddon" - it doesn't sound anything like what we're used to hearing from him, he really conformed to Razah's stylee here.

i downloaded the album but it doesn't have a bonus cut after "Armageddon", could anyone post it? also i'm definitely going to buy this, altho i'm so low on money that i really, really can't spend money on an album right now but hey, the album is dope and i bet most people will sleep on this and Razah probably got a hell of alot of hospital bills to pay so let's unite and support this album. unless you think the album is horse shit there's no excuse not to. peace
    Last edited by claaa7; 10-02-2010 at 05:26 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I got u claaa7. Heaven Razah is definitely a Classic album.

Wow, This shit is a lot iller than I ever expected.

Yeah this is another Wu classic to add to the long list. Everything about the whole album is damn near perfect cept 1 or 2 beats. Razah came with the lyrics as always but he stepped it up on this one, and the production is excellent with his spiritual messages.

The Arrival - 10/10 - awesome intro and use of the sample

Negro Angelitos - 10/10

Book of Heaven Razah - 10/10

Medical Kush - 8/10 - for a bronze beat wasn't feeling it to much. bit to slow for me but it's alright.

Raised in Hell - 10/10

Fear of God - 7.5/10 - found the beat rather annoying

Cinematic - 10/10 - Wu classic

Return of the Renassiance - 10/10 - Straight fire

Kids in the Street - 10/10

A Brooklyn Tale - 10/10

Selah - 10/10

Dear Lord - 10/10

My Testimony - 10/10

Heaven on Earth - 10/10

Armageddon - 10/10

Stir Of Echoes - 10/10(I added this song at the end just because, it actually closes the album better than armageddon imo, it's just to dope lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Protect ya Neck! View Post
    Medical Kush - 8/10 - for a bronze beat wasn't feeling it to much. bit to slow for me but it's alright.

Fear of God - 7.5/10 - found the beat rather annoying

lol come on now man, you need to re-evaluate how you review and rate records. everything on "Heaven Razah" ain't 10/10, most tracks are great but i don't think i would give no song a perfect 10/10, there's definitely a lot of 9/10's tho.... and for tracks that you feel has wack beats how the hell can they still get 4/5 ratings?? that ratings should be reserved for tracks that you're really, really feeling!

i been tryin not to download it but after reading C7's little write up, its gonna be even harder not too.

i preorder it, and amazon still hasnt shipped my copy of it. so until then im stuck in the dark about this album. aint heard a single thing.

but the one thing i can agree with is the depth of lyricism that Razah has. i mean i made that thread on Ultra Sounds and it proved heads are really sleepin on duke. even myself slept on that album until now, his lyrics just suddenly shined through.

same with Razahs Ladder and Renaissance Child, both albums lyrically will hit you one day unexpected

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i'm feeling this alot on the first spin, lyrically Heaven Razah is straight on point. lyrically it's probably close to a masterpiece and 50% of the beats hit me hard as hell such as "Arrival", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Streets", "Book of Heaven Razah", etc. but i got a feeling this is one of the albums you gotta take your time with. it's a fucking blessing more and more people (including rappers) are realizing what the fuck is happening/what we are and releases spiritual music that uplifts your soul instead of the same ol' bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    yes exactly and most people won't be able to grasp it at all, or doesn't even want to try to understand what he's saying. some stuff is a little out there, such as the theories about annunaki's and planet x, etc. but there's alot of people that believe in those things and there might very well be some truth to it. either way it's great that rappers like Razah, Priest, Sick Jacken, KRS-One and Ill Bill is doing their best to spiritually awaken people for 2012 (and no, i'm not talking about the world going under on some armageddon shit, i'm talking about the total opposite). it's a good thing not the entire album is like that tho, he switches it up nicely with "Cinematic", now i fully grasp how he dropping names from blaxploatation flicks while building an intense story and "Kids in the Street" and the song about the heroine junkie (can't remember the name) is other songs that stands out.

RA The Rugged Man's flow is too ill on "Return Of The Renaissance", definitely outshines Razah (but who doesn't he outshine), too bad Tragedy couldn't appear on here. Havoc really suprised me with the production for "Armageddon" - it doesn't sound anything like what we're used to hearing from him, he really conformed to Razah's stylee here.

i downloaded the album but it doesn't have a bonus cut after "Armageddon", could anyone post it? also i'm definitely going to buy this, altho i'm so low on money that i really, really can't spend money on an album right now but hey, the album is dope and i bet most people will sleep on this and Razah probably got a hell of alot of hospital bills to pay so let's unite and support this album. unless you think the album is horse shit there's no excuse not to. peace

dope posts as usual

repped.
    We do it for the people.

Great album. Lyrics are on point. Production is ill. I didn't know how dope this album was going to be. I just hope the entire Sunz camp can get back together to make some great music.

Peace CT

So I have the physical copy of CD. Tracklisting is f'd up I am pretty sure. Which track is the Havoc beat? 15a or 15b? Peace