1 2.04%
  • Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 2.04%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hell Razah - Heaven Razah Reviews

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

only got to hear this twice so far but loving it....especially the first 6 or 7 tracks

will write a review when I get to soak it all in

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i'm feeling this alot on the first spin, lyrically Heaven Razah is straight on point. lyrically it's probably close to a masterpiece and 50% of the beats hit me hard as hell such as "Arrival", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Streets", "Book of Heaven Razah", etc. but i got a feeling this is one of the albums you gotta take your time with. it's a fucking blessing more and more people (including rappers) are realizing what the fuck is happening/what we are and releases spiritual music that uplifts your soul instead of the same ol' bullshit.
    i have now had the album since yesterday and this is the 4th or 5th time i bumped it front-to-back since then and it's very, very rare for me to play one album more than one time a day. this shit is incredible, my favorite Hell Razah release so far, definitely worth the money (especially considering that the proceeds goes directly to Razah and his family). as i suspected it's one of those albums that grows on you with each and every listen, alot of the songs that had beats that didn't stick or lyrics that went over my head on first listens are starting to stick with me and the instant "classics" like "The Arrival", "Book of Heaven Razah", "Return Of The Renaissance", "Cinematic", "Kids in the Street" and "Selah" are becoming even better.

to have "The Arrival" as the first song on the album is brilliant, it really proves how important it is to start off your album with something that sticks to your mind and really stands out. usually i gets the urge to hear that haunting beat and Razah's introducing the album with alot of quotables like "My 7 Chakra's rotate around like a helicopter, before i switch to Kabbalah and curses of witch doctors" or "since the gay boule murged with CIA they killed the image off 2Pac and gave you KanYe". so i usually start with just having the urge to hear that joint and then the rest that follows is so ill and thought-provoking/well-produced that i can't stop til' the shit closes with "Armageddon" and that hidden bonus track (which is really dope).

anyone noticed Allah Mathematics is making a strong comeback lately, i wasn't feeling him much for years, nothing stood out to me - he sounded like a RZA clone but lately he's been fucking KILLING it with tracks like "Raised in Hell" (killing those fucking cuts right there too, adds alot to the joint) and it's great to hear that 4th Disciple is still in shape to produce heatrocks altho he is able to handle more soundscapes and vibes than before. "Cinematic" has the best usage of that sample i've heard a producer yet so far and lyrically Razah proves on this track and the incredible "Kids in the Street" (i wish he and Shabazz would make that fucking album with Ayatollah, the chemistry is incredible - this even sounds like a "Crime Saga Part II" to me), "Selah" and "Brooklyn Tale" that he's a prime storyteller as well as a spiritual awakener and to a lesser degree punchline rapper.

i love how it has the hardcore bangers, the abstract, dark grimey shit, the lighter reflective songs, the introspective cuts and the traditional spitting rhymes for the fuck of it (tho there's alot of knowledge on "Return Of The Renaissance" you get my point - that shit sounds like a straight up battle record) - "freemason rappers kissing dick for initiations, these are iffy situations"; what's up Jigga?!, What's up Kanye?!

it's waaay too early to give out a rating that i could stick with yet altho i probably heard the album about 10 times over a 1 week span but this is definitely between 4/5 and 4.5/5... also this is one of those albums that really gonna come down and show who's truly a Wu-Tang head or not considering the proceeds of the album goes straight to Razah's recovery and struggles - he's giving us enough good music that made us feel good at many points in our lifes that that's the least they could ask for. as i said before i can't afford this fucking album right now but no matter what i got it in my hand right now. WINGS UP!
    Last edited by claaa7; 10-07-2010 at 02:26 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Word... Only heard the album 1 1/2 times, but this sound like pure fucking awesomeness.. Ordered, and about to listen to it once more. Will come back (if I remember too and if I get my internet back.. got damn)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

went to 15 stores in my city from mom n pop joints to the big retail stores, got the same response from each store........

we ordered it, just waiting for distribution...... i as far as i know this was distributed by Nature Sounds?

if so, huge fail on there be half......i was talkin to one store owner who had already turned away 30 sales at least for the album he said. straight up disgusting how this was handled........... get your shit straight Nature Sounds, tell us to support the man, we try and YOU let us, the FANS down!! fuckin SMH

got a chance to really get into this album this morning on a long drive..

the opening is absolutely epic, musical mental elevation..

there are admittedly a few duds towards the end (and far too much singing at the end) but this is an extremely good album....great listening experience

I'll have a big review for it soon

some immediately-memorable DOPE-ass choruses on here too

"Light up a bush of that medical kush..."

Veteran Member

I have played this album many times since I got it. I have all of Hell Razahs material and this has got to be his best work yet. You can tell a lot of effort and time went into this album from the selection of beats to Razahs choice of lyrics and a slightly different flow. The main aspect of this album is the subject matter which is very different on what others are doing in hip hop. I think this direction will only gain Razah more fans as its more for the mature listener but at the same time the younger generation who dont want to hear bling rap will appreciate what Razah has to say.

I enjoyed all the tracks which is rare for me. Dev1 stands out on this album and is the producer to look out for. He has a very simple style but it works so well over Razahs vocals. Godz Wrath provide a hype beat and 4th comes through with a dope beat as always. I like how there aint many features and the features he does choose really fit the album well. Timbo sounds really lazy on the track but it works with the beat.

Hell Razah needs maximum recognition for this piece of work which I think will stand the test of time and become a classic. I know this word gets thrown around a lot but to me every beat is great and Razah spits positive lyrics with real meaning all the way through. If I had to give a score I would say 9/10.
    Last edited by TRONIX; 10-10-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Peace CT

Yeah I agree on the comment of a few duds at the end. Opening track is insane though. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by bronze feet View Post
    went to 15 stores in my city from mom n pop joints to the big retail stores, got the same response from each store........

We ordered it, just waiting for distribution...... I as far as i know this was distributed by nature sounds?

If so, huge fail on there be half......i was talkin to one store owner who had already turned away 30 sales at least for the album he said. Straight up disgusting how this was handled........... get your shit straight nature sounds, tell us to support the man, we try and you let us, the fans down!! Fuckin smh
    it would be very helpful if you told us what city you are in and what stores you hit. Just to clarify nature sounds is the label and e1/koch handles the distribution on this album. We do the best we can to try to follow up on the distribution to make sure its done right but we rely on the insight from fans & stores in different cities so w can identify problems and try to solve them. Please let us know when you cant find the album [email protected]

why don't y'all just order it over the net, it's easier. going from store to store sounds expensive and time-taking as fuck LOL.

this album might just be my favorite album all year, the whole shit is on point - Razah got the whole spectrum covered. i love the lyrics on here, he's pretty much going where my mind and spirit is at right now... y'all should use google while you're banging this album if you're not familiar with alot of the shit Razah is speaking. don't be thinking this is no Christian/religious album in a traditional matter. "religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom" - one of the truest things ever said. Spirituality is a totally different thing tho since the books have been waaay to dilluted and conformed and is only used to control your mind as it is now.

how the hell does this album have some "duds" at the end tho?? damn, this is INCREDIBLE from song #1 to #16. took some time for a few songs to grow but everything here is ill, tracks like "My Testimony" and "Heaven On Earth" are straight BEAUTIFUL. i'd say this is Razah's equivallent to KP's "The Offering".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

some of the production & singing at the end gets bland

Heaven Razah is definitely a Classic album

No fucking doubt banging this joint daily this album is like the perfect shit to mediate, and smoke too.
    His lyrics are fucking amazing!!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Definitly a dope album, nicely surprised by this.

"Cinematic" and the track with RA The Rugged Man are mixed up with each other on my cd, so not sure if the rest of da fuckin songs are mixed up too, anyone else have this problem?

Loving "Cinematic", although i think the piano sample was used better by Atmospher for "The Woman With The Tattoed Hands", the samples are pretty identicle, but Slug sounds better over it imo, great song though.

PRODIGAL SUN

best album of the year so far

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Definitly a dope album, nicely surprised by this.

"Cinematic" and the track with RA The Rugged Man are mixed up with each other on my cd, so not sure if the rest of da fuckin songs are mixed up too, anyone else have this problem?
    same on my copy, those 2 are the only songs that are mixed up tho judging from the contents vs. track titles of each song.