Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black belt theatre vol.2(beat tape)lords of da lo-fi

i think the over all sound is good...lo-fi but still got a quality sound bass is a big part of this tape...and the deep ends are on point without drowning out sound

and the samples are hard....

no cons on this...and i think its a step up from the prequel to this tape
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 10-04-2010 at 08:59 PM.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

im close to nominating this as the best Beatjitzu tape ever

even tho it's only 9 tracks the quality is fuckin stunning...I'm blown the fuck away by these beats

Quote Originally Posted by LORD_BEATJITZU View Post
    By the way how is the sound compared to the other tapes?pros and cons
    It's my fav tape from you...I think your sound is still really gritty and analog but your drums and bass are more thumping and alive then ever...your sampling was always the truth but I think this is a culmination maybe the microsampler idk but it's my fav work from you...

imma have to agree with everyone and say this might be the best Lord B tape ever...........

although when i say that, Bruce vs Bolo, Tribute to Ol Dirty, Kelly vs Mitchell........... fuck yo the list goes on and on

but in my eyes, this tape is a gathering of all that stored knowledge and training. to put it in relation to kung fu........ its like prior tapes where your training phase...... running though chambers and learning all the styles and attributes..... this tape is like the old master, who doesnt fight anymore but meditates on a rock near a river and waterfall....... these are the sounds recorded if you were to transmit that old masters brain waves into a WAV file

thats how i view it at least, at certain times these hit me harder then just some hip hop instrumental to rhyme on..... they are entrancing but in a meditative state, at least to me they are...... each beat is a movement of the soul and mind, not just the body.

on the technical side, perfection! the sounds all blend together to form soundscapes not heard very often. sample choice is always off the wall. the harmonies and melodies chopped together is cinematic in its own right. on all beats drums and bass are what i listen for and this tape has the best utilization of those of all Lord B tapes imo. really make those analog drums stand out amongst everything. off the hook low ends, and sicknees with the lo fi effects (which some cats go over board with, perfect balance)

just my review of the tape as i listen to it, more thoughts pop up each time i put it on. sometimes making it hard to rhyme on them lol

peace to Lord B again for sharing his work with us, and allowing us to create another bangin masterpiece

Last edited by THE MASON; 10-05-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Give thanks Yall!!Imma stick with this formula and go wild style on yall look out for more tapez!!!

the only con on this tape is its only 9 beats instead of the usual 12 and up LOVIN THIS TAPE FAM
    and for future tapes might i suggest mixing the godz of wutang style w. ya various styles......super ninja mastery right there ....cant wait to hear more from the lofi king!
    P.E.A.C.E.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD_BEATJITZU View Post
    Give thanks Yall!!Imma stick with this formula and go wild style on yall look out for more tapez!!!
    cant wait.. to see what u come up with next

NINJAAARGH!!!!!!!!

this tape is slamming and Im in agreements with the others this is IMO your best tape to date. My only complaints about your previous works would be that the lofi kills off a lot of the low end and kicks but on this tape the kicks and lows are slamming which makes the beats harder and more complete and gives it the more rugged old school sound Im a fan of. The micro korg work is dope to the little key freeks of some the samples worked great with your style.

fave tracks:

intro.............. bass line is sickness
    bonzai ninja starz
    icey sword
    cobra vs cat
    jade budahh

dope work all round, mad props

what till you hear me rip the fuck outta icy swords!!

I GOT TWO ACES IN MY HAND, PLUS TWO KINGS IN MY SLEEVE!!

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

This tape is out of this world .. Idk if a comment is enough to say somethin ...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Just came across this joint. Yo as usual Lord Beatjitzu killed this tape. Whoooooooooo

This deserves a re-up. Can we get a re-up?

DOWNLOADALBUMZ!