Thread: Darkstar - North

Default Darkstar - North

Ive been waiting for this for so long, and its finally here..

http://www.fileserve.com/file/HkTRxT5/Darkstar

01 In The Wings
    02 Gold
    03 Deadness
    04 Aidy’s Girl Is A Computer
    05 Under One Roof
    06 2 Chords
    07 North
    08 Ostkreuz
    09 Dear Heartbeat
    10 When It’s Gone

IT'S IMMACULATE
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Listened to it 4 or 5 times since i downloaded it this morning.

Better than i expected, my album of the year so far probably.

Dubstep as a genre is great, and i think the fact that it is so off the wall compared to a lot of other genres is the reason it has spawned some of the best and most out there producers, who are now going in other directions.

Idiots like Alcatraz can talk about how Dubstep is somehow a rip off of Timberland (lol) but the originality of it to me explains why it's such a varied scene.

You still have guys like Mala, Untold, Pangea, Samiyam etc. releasing great sort of straight up Dubstep, but then there's all this other 80s synth pop influenced stuff coming out of the genre also.

Shit like James Blake, Teengirl Fantasy, OoOoO, XXXY, Balam Acab, Mount Kimbie, Joy Orbison etc. doesn't really fit into a genre anymore, it's just awesome in it's own right.

Darkstar's album is sparse pop bliss.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

just listened to it today... its good, don't get me wrong.. but immaculate? hell nah... his best work isn't even on this album, minus aidys girl

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
    Listened to it 4 or 5 times since i downloaded it this morning.

Better than i expected, my album of the year so far probably.

Dubstep as a genre is great, and i think the fact that it is so off the wall compared to a lot of other genres is the reason it has spawned some of the best and most out there producers, who are now going in other directions.

Idiots like Alcatraz can talk about how Dubstep is somehow a rip off of Timberland (lol) but the originality of it to me explains why it's such a varied scene.

You still have guys like Mala, Untold, Pangea, Samiyam etc. releasing great sort of straight up Dubstep, but then there's all this other 80s synth pop influenced stuff coming out of the genre also.

Shit like James Blake, Teengirl Fantasy, OoOoO, XXXY, Balam Acab, Mount Kimbie, Joy Orbison etc. doesn't really fit into a genre anymore, it's just awesome in it's own right.

Darkstar's album is sparse pop bliss.
    Yeah i really dislike the people who think dubstep is just wobble, wobble spoon in a blender type shit, its so much more, it has no defining line, i see the genre as a laboratory where other genres are fused to make different reactions, that might have sounded a bit pretentious but you get the idea.

Speaking of Pangea i saw him recently at rhythm factory, mate, it was so so deep.

London is like the mecca of dubstep, all you international dubsteppers need to make the pilgrimage one day.

But yeah, the album is beautiful.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

I do kind of miss the fact that Darkstar won't be making any more bangers, but their new stuff is as good/better in a different way.

And yeah, i need to see some of this shit live, not really able to where i am.

link down anyone got a reup?