Thread: Solar Records Owner Dick Griffey Died

-

Default Solar Records Owner Dick Griffey Died

He was 66 years old and he died from complications of quadruple bypass surgery. I wanna thank Dick for starting Solar records because the label was home to some good black artists such as Shalamar, Lakeside, The Whispers, The Deele(Babyface and LA Reid was with this group), Midnight Star. The label was called Soul Train records at first and Dick was a talent coordinator for Soul Train tv show. Him and Don Corneileus discovered Jody Watley and Jeffrey Daniels of Shalamar because they were dancers on Soul Train. RIP Dick.

Solaar also released the "Deep Cover" soundtrack I believe......... Either way he was involved with it, I seen a dvd with him interviewed about Death Row, he was supposed to be Suge's partner till Interscope muscled him out........ "Welcome to Death Row" is the name of it

R.I.P

-

I don't think Solar released Deep Cover soundtrack. I think Interscope records put that out. I remember Dr Dre saying in a old interview that the former Death Row artists recorded their albums at Solar records studios. Solar to me was the best black record label in the 80's because of the artists Dick had. R&B music has been boring after those artists i mentioned disappeared that were on Solar. Midnight Star, Lakeside, The Deele, Shalamar, The Whispers did a lot of classic jams and nobody in r&b for the last 2 decades has made jams like those artists. I really miss the funk artists of the 70's and 80's. R&B will never be good anymore like back in the day. It's funny to me the r&b artists that are out now think they're good when their music sucks LOL.

-

Jody Watley of Shalamar is retarded because I posted comments to a video she did on Youtube talking about Shalamar's Unsung documentary and I dissed Dick Griffey because of the way he treated Shalamar. She got mad at me because she said I shouldn't be dissing Dick and I told her I was dissing him because of the way she complained about how bad he treated her. She said he didn't want her in the group because she couldn't sing LOL. I don't agree because I think she can sing. She also complained about how bad Howard Hewett and Jeffrey Daniels treated her who were her group members. Her and Jeffrey dated and they used to be Soul Train dancers. They got discovered by Don Corneileus who was the host of Soul Train and he recommended them to Dick to be in Shalamar. Don and Dick started a record company called Soul Train which later on became Solar records.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

I posted some comments on Howard Hewett's Facebook page recently about Jody Watley and Dick Griffey. My comments got deleted because Howard don't wanna talk about Jody and Dick because he had issues with them when he was with Shalamar hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.