0 0%
  • Wack

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Children Of A Lesser God-Reviews

'

this album is fire BTW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    after a couple spins, im not enjoying this as much as Wisemen Approaching but imma give it a few more spins.

i dont know what it is, but i think its the beats. they sound really inconsistant, some bangers and some not so much. personally, if both Bronze and Kevlaar are gonna be producing they need to just co produce each beat or let one of em produce the whole thing

Lucy is real dope though, prolly my favourite track right now
    pretty much sums up my thoughts

Damn Silencer, you put your foot in that review! Feelin this album heavy right now, As a matter of fact I'm gonna give it another spin while I troll the forums
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

set your eyes to Zion MrDiamondFDC's Avatar

This is in like no stores.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i found a store that had it through this website, just type in your zip code:

http://eonedistribution.com/catalog/...mber=IHI-CD-31

haha wow the closest copy is 50 miles away.

Wisemen have Arrived
    ...been hardcore since my Commodore

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Nathaniel9

I bought the album few days ago, been bumping it a couple times front to back while driving.... I really liked the beats, the live feel of the drums, the jazzy chops and the piano work, really digging the atmosphere. Plus shit is really cohesive except the supa maine beat. Lyrically this is what i expected, much in the vein of Wisemen Approaching so i wont discuss it any longer, just listen.
    Since im already sold on everything Bronze touches (been buying literally everything from his camp, solo, group, compilation, featured beats....), i'll express what i see as constructive criticism... First of all im a bit fed up with jewel cases with two-page booklet... if you dont want to include lyrics or words from the artists or pictures or anything related to the concept of the album, could you package cds in digipacks? this really looks better than fuckin jewel cases, its more solid and takes less space!!
    Then I wasnt too crazy about some of the flows on the album. I cant point particular tracks at that time but i remember hearing quite a few offbeat verses. Not entire verses but like the first four bars or last four ones on several occasions.
    Im really interested in the lyrical talent displayed here, but i cant lie, obviously the beat is the first thing that makes me want to listen to a song, and the FLOWS come close second. So this bothers me a bit, sounds like theres a sort of lack of musicality in the rhyming... like the MCs dont listen or stick to the musical patterns while rapping. I know its extremely difficult to deliver a thoughtful and witty message while having complex rhyme patterns AND an obligation to stick to the rhythms at the same time, but hey thats what makes rap my favorite type of music. So in my humble opinion i think the group could still improve in that department.
    That being said im happy to have purchased the cd, ill buy the next one without question.

Beats 9/10 *3
    Flows 5/10 *2
    Lyrics 9/10 *1
    which makes for 7.7/10, a godly score lol

my favorite cuts are Corn Liquor Thoughts, Illness II, Faith Doctrine and Get U Shot
    Last edited by Mista JpKoff; 11-16-2010 at 11:54 AM.

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

lyrics -3.5/5
    beats - 4/5
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

love it. lots of replay value.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

damn... gotta cop that next year... forgot about it...

Wu Stoneman

Damn more and more listens, the hotter this is! These guys definitely set themselves apart from the usual Wu Affiliate copycat fold...Great Lyrics on here! SMH if you are not listening to this!

Anyone else listen more and appreciate this more so?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Stoneman View Post
    Damn more and more listens, the hotter this is! These guys definitely set themselves apart from the usual Wu Affiliate copycat fold...Great Lyrics on here! SMH if you are not listening to this!

Anyone else listen more and appreciate this more so?
    I feel the same way. The more I hear it, the more I appreciate it. They took things in a different direction, sonically, than what I was expecting. That through me off initially, but now it has "normalized" to my ears. Lyrically, they still ripped it, but sonically I'm appreciating it much more than my initial listens.

In retrospect, I'm glad they didn't go the same route sonically as they did with their first release. This way, I get 2 entirely different listening experiences. Truth be told, it would have been difficult for them to top their first release sonically had they went down the same path. It would've, most likely, ended up sounding like a not as good version of their first album. With their 2nd release, however, with the direction they took it, it's an entirely different chamber. I appreciate them for doing that.

It's a must own.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the support, and yes this is one of those ALBUMS; COMPLETE albums you have to listen to consistently, to hear all of the inovation and growth involved within the album...Keep spreading the word my good people!! PEACE!

Sophomore LP from The “Wisemen – Children Of A Lesser God”AVAILABLE NOW!!
    FeaturingRaekwon, Planet Asia, Big Rube of the Dungeon Family, Victorious aka Crown Vic, & Beace!!
    GET IT at your local stores or HERE on itunes.com>>http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/children-of-a-lesser-god/id397351526 or here on >Amazon.com>>http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Wisemen-+Children+of+a+lesser+God&x=18&y=22
    Produced by BRONZE NAZARETH & KEVLAAR 7!! Check out the new singlesThirsty fish Featuring RAEKWON THE CHEF (Prod. By Kevlaar 7) (http://is.gd/g60aW) , and Faith Doctrine Featuring BEACE (Prod. By Kevlaar 7) (http://www.ihiphop.com/?p=71300)
    PLEASE FWD this to your email contacts and anyone you feel would be interested! PEACE!

www.daWisemen.com
    www.twitter.com/BronzeNazareth
    www.twitter.com/Kevlaar7
    www.twitter.com/Phillieon
    www.twitter.com/Immortalmega52
    www.twitter.com/Salute_da_kidd
    Last edited by Kevlaar 7; 02-07-2011 at 02:52 PM.