Thread: Rare rakim joints

Default Rare rakim joints

All I have of rakim are his albums and his mixtape with j love. Can you guys post some dope shit I've overlooked

Banned

that j-love mixtape is classic BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rakim and nick wiz.... butter and bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick wiz one of the most underrated producers.... EVER... he got banger after banger to his name and niggas still like "HUH?!!?!?" when he gets track placement!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas that hate on 7th seal for production purposes DONT GRASP the wiz/ra connection... thats his a-alike musically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

had to post this...

rakim in 2010 >>>>> jay electronica

not sayin jays not dope, but this nigga still spit butane, give him heat and watch him win!!!!!!!!!!!! when niggas say "the best lyricist out" i hear jay e, he got no album out, and he cant fuck with ra latest material however you wanna slice it!!!!!!!!!!!

I GET VISUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCENES OF THE LYRICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

^some great material up there, I was happy to see some of those digging in late 90's/early 2000. Archives Inc. also put out an unreleased EP of Ra joints.

Please, don't download this cus it deserves a place in your collection, it's unreleased songs from the sessions of Don't Sweat The Technique. Here is a store in Japan that currently has the vinyl for sale + audio :

http://www.808records.jp/detail.shtml?ITEM=1272473853

This song got mixed opinions when it came out and I still here some til this day, but I think it's cool as a party type of song. I would've rather listened to this back in the late 90's that other radio songs. DJ Clark Kent sampled a Jacksons song for this

thanks those are some dope tracks i appreciate it

Inspektah Meth-Tical

I can't stop listening to Follow the Leader, the album is too good, his best imo.

^ i love this joint!

^ the 3 tracks above gives a hint of what "Oh My God" might've sounded like (the Dre produced Rakim album on Aftermath. especially "The Watcher II" is fucking classic).

^ official Da Beatminerz and Buckwild remixes, respectively

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^ Rakim rarely collaborates with other MC's, here's a banger with him and Talib

^^ remember all those rappers doing promos for St. Ide's in the '90s. Rakim did 2 LOL

Ayatollah and Rakim?? shiiiiiiiiit!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Damn someone has to put these all on a playlist and upload it!!

^ Id appreciate that lol, these are some serious bangers
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Man some nice bangers on here! I still think someone should put together a nice compilation with these.

my brother gave me a really goodand chilled out song from rakim. took me ages to find on the web so he had to transfer it to me in the end

"dodododo dodo you know who we are,
    we like to parrrrty,
    girls like to party"

Wu Vatican

I talk to the younger guys I work with about music. They all listen to mostly that bullshit, I've brought up rakim before. They don't know who he is. That is so embarassing to me to say u listen to hip hop and don't know who the god rakim is.

Light years a head of these twinks rapping today. He's not even is the same solar system. What he says, how he says it, with the quickness yet clarity. Smooth as marble.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

PRODIGAL SUN

Even my lyrical metaphysical

I had that earlier whitey, was listening to some Wu and my boss came in and asked what it was. I said Wu and she said she'd heard of them. She then said she liked their 'do it like we do on the discovery channel' song lol.