Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman 3 = "The Dark Knight Rises"

Default Batman 3 = "The Dark Knight Rises"

Christopher Nolan reveals title of third Batman film and that ‘it wont be the Riddler’

Oct. 27, 2010 | 6:25 a.m.
    Christopher Nolan. (Liz Baylen / Los Angeles Times)

Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises” and though the Gotham City auteur isn’t ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.
    Riddler rumors were off target. (DC Comics)

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.
    Check back here later in the morning for a more in-depth look at that decision and the Nolan ambitions and reasons behind it.
    As for the title, it shows the writer-director’s intention to keep his Bruce Wayne trilogy tightly stitched together. “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” Nolan said cryptically. I had an odd thought: What if Nolan somehow brings back Harvey Dent? The only reason I even mention it is because, back during post-production on the second film, Nolan told me that the title “The Dark Knight” was just as much about Dent and his fall from the status of shining-knight civic crusader. Dent was plainly dead at the end of the last film, though, and Nolan has been intent on keeping his Gotham City film firmly rooted in a gritty gangland realism– this isn’t a franchise that has veered off into the supernatural or even much super-science.
    Nolan plays things close to the vest — he’s one of the few filmmakers of his generation who actually does wear a vest — and he chuckled when I tried to get a few more details out of him. “Oh, you know me, I don’t talk.” He began our conversation by comparing it with a visit to the dentist’s office. Well, if so, he’s a patient who never opens wide. I asked if he could imagine a time when Warner Bros. would let a filmmaker shoot a Batman script where the villain isn’t one of the signature creations from the comic books. “Ah, Geoff Boucher, master of the leading question,” he said with a chuckle.
    That’s when he did agree, however, to eliminate a villain candidate, namely Edward Nigma, the green-suited Riddler, who many people (myself included) assumed was the next natural choice. That character could be taken in a lot of directions — think of Kevin Spacey’s character in “Seven” as a compass point for one of those dark paths — but Nolan and his team are going a different way. As with “Dark Knight,” the new film has a script written by Nolan and his brother, Jonah, and it’s based on a story by the director and David Goyer. Earlier, I got Nolan to take Mr. Freeze off the list and, yes, this is like pulling teeth but don’t think for a minute that I mind. Nolan makes sublime films, and any secrets he wants to keep in place are done so to protect the final product. As for me, I’m hoping now for Hugo Strange who, come to think of it, looks a bit like a dentist…
    – Geoff Boucher
    chea pet

{>____<}

Thanks for the news.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

nice good look for this news disappointed by the title though

Banned

nolan droppin classic shit on autopilot, this wont fail and will probably be better than the last...

and title is whatever but leads me to believe 2 FACE gonna be heating up the streets for real!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL AHAHAHAHAH LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA @ tommy lee jones 2 face in forever... joel needs to fuckin kill himself, nipple equipped hard shelll suits, george clooney bruce, chris o donnel... val kilmer losing himself as bruce wayne.... HAHAHAHAAHA 2 part saga was hilarious bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolan gonna have fun with 2 face im sure, extreme good extreme bad, i wasnt convinced by his exit in DARK KNIGHT!!!!!!!!

Not feeling that title at all, still im glad Riddler won't be in this, that would have been too predictable. Im hoping for Thalia Al Gul and Black Mask.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

i have no doubt that Christopher Nolan is gonna be dropping a real gem on us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Member

2 Face is dead, confirmed by Nolan & Eckhart. When asked by many fans if 2Face ever survived his drop (he only looked unconscious) both of them confirmed the character's death. Some guy named Tom Hardy will also play a unnamed role.

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...rt-on-two-face

Yes, it's true. Aaron Eckhart says goodbye to Batman. At the press day for his upcoming indie film Towelhead, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! talked to the actor who portrayed Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight. He told us he's definitely not signed on for another film and confirmed his character is dead

Eckhart laughed about how he tried to ask if there was a chance he was coming back and was good-humored about the deadly fate of Dent.

CS/SHH!: Is Harvey Dent alive?
    Aaron Eckhart: No. He is dead as a door nail.

CS/SHH!: So he's not coming back?
    Eckhart: He ain't coming back baby!

CS/SHH!: I was hoping he would.
    Eckhart: No. I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. "Hey Chris, am I?" "You're dead!" Alright, cool.

CS/SHH!: That's not a problem in comic book movies. You could still come back.
    Eckhart: I think in contract negotiations it's a problem.

CS/SHH!: So you were never signed on for another film?
    Eckhart: No, I'm not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn't work out. I'm nobody. I'm a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I'm sure that there's so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one.
    Last edited by Jin10304; 10-27-2010 at 01:31 PM.

I heard they are auditioning for Catwoman

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    I heard they are auditioning for Catwoman
    Halle Berry lol, i'm just glad their not going the 3-d route. that shit annoys me
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

if the villain is catwoman, then the title becomes hilarious and awesome.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

hahahahha ^^^^
    bring back begongo!!

^lmao

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Yayyaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Riddler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no Catwoman, please. Give us something or better yet somebody not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Halle Berry lol, i'm just glad their not going the 3-d route. that shit annoys me
    yeah. i can tell that Nolan isnt a fan of 3D. Warner wanted him to do Inception in 3D but he refused, and he told them he's not gonna do this one in 3D

i dont see why every movie nowadays has to be done in 3D. its stupid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    2 Face is dead, confirmed by Nolan & Eckhart. When asked by many fans if 2Face ever survived his drop (he only looked unconscious) both of them confirmed the character's death. Some guy named Tom Hardy will also play a unnamed role.

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...rt-on-two-face

Yes, it's true. Aaron Eckhart says goodbye to Batman. At the press day for his upcoming indie film Towelhead, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! talked to the actor who portrayed Harvey Dent/Two-Face in The Dark Knight. He told us he's definitely not signed on for another film and confirmed his character is dead

Eckhart laughed about how he tried to ask if there was a chance he was coming back and was good-humored about the deadly fate of Dent.

CS/SHH!: Is Harvey Dent alive?
    Aaron Eckhart: No. He is dead as a door nail.

CS/SHH!: So he's not coming back?
    Eckhart: He ain't coming back baby!

CS/SHH!: I was hoping he would.
    Eckhart: No. I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. "Hey Chris, am I?" "You're dead!" Alright, cool.

CS/SHH!: That's not a problem in comic book movies. You could still come back.
    Eckhart: I think in contract negotiations it's a problem.

CS/SHH!: So you were never signed on for another film?
    Eckhart: No, I'm not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn't work out. I'm nobody. I'm a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I'm sure that there's so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one.
    yeah...

not buying it!!!!!!!!!

its fuckin batman g...

the villains never really die off!!!!!!!!!!!!

you think ras al ghul deaded!?!?!?!?!?!

hell nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 face is a compelling character, they could easily revive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gordon covered up harveys transformation by sayin hes dead... now hes back making life difficult on bats as 2 face fully realized!!!!!!!!!!

catwoman... ehhhh... it turns into "look at that spandex" real quick with catwoman, but im sure nolan could figure somethin out... im hopin CROC makes a break, i wanna see batman engaged in life or death combat with a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!