Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman 3 = "The Dark Knight Rises"

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

i want the ventriloquist or black mask in this

Veteran Member

/\ Yeah well its the director & actors word against yours, and unless the character actually dies onscreen, Nolan isnt the type of cheesy director to bring back villains unless actually killed (Scarecrow cameo proves this). Gordon didn't do shit either, he did what BATMAN WANTED, to BE blamed for Harvey's death. All he did was go along with it, this is why in Rising it will show probably Batman trying to win over Gotham to prove his innocence. The whole POINT of Rising will likely be Gothams back turning on Batman for killing their "White Knight" Harvey. He CANT come back in Nolans vision for Batman

man, this is nothing but great news.
    props on christopher nolan for telling the studio to fuck off with their 3-d bullshit. i could give a fuck less about all this wack ass 3-d nonsense. please stop.

and thank god its not the riddler. when i heard they were thinking about using him for the villian, i was hoping that they wouldnt. i know nolan would have a great concept for it and make it bad ass, but i always thought the riddler was a fuckin lame. for every cool villian batman has (joker) he has a lame one as well (penguin). so not using the riddler is very,very good news.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Quote Originally Posted by Mcthuggin99 View Post
    i dont see why every movie nowadays has to be done in 3D. its stupid
    and im with ya 100% on this.

but there are 2 main reasons why the studios have been going with 3-d lately.

1 is its a measure to stop the massive bootlegging problem. make the films in 3-d so they're blurry, and ivan in russia cant sit down and video tape it with his iphone.

and 2 is to get people to actually go to a theater to see a movie. theaters haven't been getting much business the last 3-4 years, so they think all this 3-d faggotry is gonna draw in the mindless masses.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Veteran Member

"1 is its a measure to stop the massive bootlegging problem. make the films in 3-d so they're blurry, and ivan in russia cant sit down and video tape it with his iphone."

But most movies that come in 3D also have the option of the 2D film (minus some, like Jackasss 3D) so that still doesnt stop bootlegging unless the movie strictly comes in 3D format.

"and 2 is to get people to actually go to a theater to see a movie. theaters haven't been getting much business the last 3-4 years, so they think all this 3-d faggotry is gonna draw in the mindless masses"

The 3D pull is more about the money, sure getting everyone to just come sit n watch a movie is a pull, but consider the new prices for 3D movies nowadays (goddamn near $17) and see why they hope this 3D shit rides out on the big $$ before fading into obscurity again...

I wanna see Bane. I'd love to see Christian Bale get his back broken haha

The way they portrayed Bane in that shitty Batman & Robin movie was criminal, dude was a genius and they had him portrayed as a mindless ape

They could maybe bring back Ra's Al Ghul to make it happen, but they already broke down the walls of Arkham Asylum in the first movie didn't they?

Who knows

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
    I wanna see Bane. I'd love to see Christian Bale get his back broken haha

The way they portrayed Bane in that shitty Batman & Robin movie was criminal, dude was a genius and they had him portrayed as a mindless ape

They could maybe bring back Ra's Al Ghul to make it happen, but they already broke down the walls of Arkham Asylum in the first movie didn't they?

Who knows
    yeah big up to nolan for telling WB to fuck off with the 3D bullshit...

not a step forward, lateral move, gimmick shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you james cameron, 3d, ok...

but now they wanna push every blockbuster with the 3D package and its not gonna save the biz... good movies will save the biz!!!!!!!! good movies on IMAX with huge set pieces will save the biz... save that 3d shit for the next generic burton jumpoff, hell be down!!!!!!!!!!!

max HD out first!!!!!!!!!!!

and BATMAN AND ROBIN was hilarious...

george clooney researching jay leno to play bruce wayne... COMEDY!!!!!!!!

geroge clooney bobble head cracking jokes in a stiff molded suit ready for MATEL packaging.... COMEDY!!!!!!!!!!

nipples on metallic bat suits.... COMEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris o'donnel as fag happy robin.... DESTINY FILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id like to see nolans batman fight a beast... bane, croc... both dope choices!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ stocky strongman algy BANE from BATMAN and ROBIN, magnus samuelson with skin rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no consideration, thats joel looking at 1 page of a comic, and sayin i like the mask... lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!! i find those films amusing.. mr. freeze mobile henchmen on ice skates.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cot damn arnuhld is a boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolan got consideration, so if he goes with CATWOMAN, i think hed have a compelling story to tell!!!!!!!!! and dont act like CATWOMAN isnt legit in the DC universe, shes serves a purpose as love interest/complication that makes BATMANS job even harder...

and christian bale needs to kiss the sky... this is all thats left for the kid... terminator salvation blew up in his fuckin face, he has yet to recover!!!!!!!!!!!

yo jin i dont care what eckhart or nolan said, this is batman, and a villains not dead until they never come back!!!!!!!! we got some time to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see Harley Quinn..

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

it'll be a good movie and buck the three-quel trend

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    nice good look for this news disappointed by the title though
    Why? i feel like nolan named all these films off of frank millers series

batman begins=batman year one
    dark knight returns=dark knight
    the dark knight rises again=the dark knight rises
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

Veteran Member

"yo jin i dont care what eckhart or nolan said, this is batman, and a villains not dead until they never come back!!!!!!!!"

In the comics true.....but this is a movie adaptation OF a comic, things change, its not the artists directing the movie. Things change...and all in all we have confirmation from both the director & actor.

Quote Originally Posted by CuzinBilly View Post
    Why? i feel like nolan named all these films off of frank millers series

batman begins=batman year one
    dark knight returns=dark knight
    the dark knight rises again=the dark knight rises
    it was 'the dark knight strikes again', but i kind of see your point.

i would like to see talia al ghul and hugo strange, or catwoman and black mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
    I'd love to see Christian Bale get his back broken haha
    lmao..if this were angry...it would be wrapped in several NO HOMOS!!

Veteran Member

"They really are blurry without the glasses?"

Yep, I went to see Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3D, during the previews I wanted to test out the quality of the screen/film w/o the glasses. Its distorted blurry, almost like one part of the screen is being stretched on 1 end and the the other end of the screen being stretched the opposite way.

Deadline reports director Christopher Nolan is meeting with actresses for roles in "The Dark Knight Rises," the third film in his "Batman" cycle. "I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley," writes Deadline's Mike Fleming.

While Nolan is famously tight-lipped about characters and plot details, he recently told The Los Angeles Times that The Riddler would not appear in the film. Subsequently, rumors began circulating of various actresses being courted for the role of Julie Madison, a fiancée of Bruce Wayne's during the early run of the character in the 1940s. She made occasional appearances since and was portrayed by Elle Macpherson in 1997's "Batman & Robin," though that role was little more than a cameo.

The previous Nolan directed films featured one major female role -- Rachel Dawes -- played by Katie Holmes in "Batman Begins," and Maggie Gyllenhaal in "The Dark Knight." The second film also featured Monique Gabriela Curnen as Detective Anna Ramirez, a character similar to Renee Montoya from "Batman: the Animated Series" and subsequent "Batman" comics.

The Deadline article also says Tom Hardy will most likely play a villain in the film. The actor was recently listed on the Internet Movie Database as playing Detective Harvey Bullock, but that has since been removed.

With news of a female villain, speculation opens wide to characters as obvious as Catwoman and as obscure as Lady Shiva.

Stay with CBR as this story develops and the identities of both characters come to light.
    hm.