Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big L-Return Of The Devil's Son

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by King Tron 1 View Post
    is this what was suppose to be "Real Legends Never Die" or something? I heard they didn't want to release it due to Big L's dad wanting all the money from Big L's sales or something like that
    I'm pretty sure thats the DJ premier/ lord finesse Big L material thats not released yet because big l's dad or step dad wants a part of it. im probably wrong but its something like that.

^ yeah something along those lines, this is released by Big L's brother and he's gone in the vaults and collected previously unheard material from L, some of the rare stuff that fans never got in good quality before and a few new remixes: all in all it's 21 tracks and it's looking really good. i'm just about to spin it but i'll pick it up when i get a chance as well.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

damn what a blessing it is to listen to this incredible compilation, great collection of Big L's non-album material and rare freestyles - one of the illest MC's of all time and ILL is the perfect word to describe L. there's even a few tracks on here that i never heard before with lyrics i never heard L spit, the track with G Rap and Royal Flush is SERIOUS and that "Sandman" freestyle is pure nastiness.

the only little minor complaint is that the sound quality is kinda bootleg-ish, it doesn't take away from the listening experience but it's clear that some of the tracks have been recorded straight from vinyl pressings rather than from the master tapes. either way it really doesn't matter, it's 21 Big L tracks and freestyles that ain't on either of the releases i got from him and it's very well sequenced. even the remixes is really well put together and have banging production that does the lyrics justice, i must say the remixes was what i was most worried about... i mean tracks like "Danger Zone" and "Size 'Em Up" is so dope in their original form that they don't really need no touch-ups but these ties in perfectly with the rest of the album without taking away anything from the original or coming off as dissapointing.

very solid release as expected - it's always amazing to hear previously unheard material by Big L and this beats the previous releases like "The Archives" (altho the sound quality was far superior on that) in that it's almost twice as many tracks.

shit, "I Won't" is mad depressing to listen to considering what happened to Lamont. it's previously known as "How Will I Make It":

i hope the album has a little background on the songs, like when they were recorded and if they got any history to them and also the producers and what year they were recorded would be interesting to me.
    Last edited by claaa7; 11-20-2010 at 07:14 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

they did a lot of that typical mixtape/bootleg shit by renaming well-known songs into something else to make people buy it thinking it's something never before heard, even "I Don't Understand It" with the original beat got a totally different name here LOL - "MC's What's Going On".

Why did they rename so many tracks?
    I think I already heard pretty much all of this.

Ah well, nice to have an official compilation instead of some random bootleg in my iPod.

First album I will buy without listening to it first when sober.

Banned

best line in the album: "we'll let a bitch starve til her ribs are showing" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RuggedSounds View Post
    hahahahah. I'm 17 bro. Your getting sonned by a 17 year old, your fucking moron!
    every thread i go into where you post your on some e-beef shit. grow the fuck up and go outside. take your internet disses to someone face to face...ya whole shits weak lil boy

Quote Originally Posted by trinking View Post
    every thread i go into where you post your on some e-beef shit. grow the fuck up and go outside. take your internet disses to someone face to face...ya whole shits weak lil boy
    it's cause these faggots run there mouth. and you, stop sidebusting bitch, before i pull your card.

PRODIGAL SUN

so claa, the sound quality of the album is not up to par?

Because thats mainly what i was looking for, since i prolly heard 95% of the album already
    "Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inspektah Meth-Tical View Post
    go buy that shit faggot.
    BUYIN MUSIC IS FOR FAGGiTS

-

I wanna get this. Has it came out yet?

Edited.

You are not permitted to post links to full albums.
    Last edited by TAURO; 11-26-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Posted full album links.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

Quote Originally Posted by RuggedSounds View Post
    it's cause these faggots run there mouth. and you, stop sidebusting bitch, before i pull your card.
    Or maybe you're just a shitkid?

Anyways, about to listen to this, heard great things! Usually not a big fan of remixes of classics though, so a bit skeptical about that, but we'll see..

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

PRODIGAL SUN

my only beef with this is, where is "times is hard", with that it would be complete
    "Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

yo, someone pm the god a link son
    We do it for the people.