35 27.13%
  • mediocre

36 27.91%
  • wack

31 24.03%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Method Man - Tical 0: The Prequel

-

LOL@TheWuSepticTank and Claaa7 hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Method Man's solo albums are terrible. His first solo album was decent and that's the only one I have LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

20 people voted banger wtf
    Retired.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm surprised 35 people voted average. I thought wack would get the most votes LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuSepticTank View Post
    Yeah I see, but it seems like an emcee of Meth's caliber and clout, could've been supplied better production than this. His last album prior to this was double platinum, Blackout was at least platinum, i believe, Wu still had a platinum and gold album. Not as spectacular of a status as it once was, but still something. It just seems to me that Meth is terrible at picking beats in general, there's almost nothing remotely resembling a serious song on this entire album. It seemed like he made this album without even writing an overall concept, or separate concepts for each song. Like it was intended to be just one big corny party album with genEric Sermon type, funk beats. It just makes no sense.
    I think Meth was disappointed by the fact Def Jam didn't let him do the album he wanted. When they rejected Rza beats for example. I think he just did the album because he had to but he wasn't motivated.

Def Jam brought this album down, not Meth. Replacing his beats, rushing the recording process, releasing it without his permission and scarce promotion. Shitty marketing plan. Regardless, some tracks are fire party tunez. Meth & Busta? Fire. Meth & Luda? Ok chorus is weird and weak but the rhymes are dope. "Maybe cuz its Luda & Meth, or because we do it the best, or because we do it to death!!" The track with Busta is better I suppose. "The Afterparty" with Ghost is dope to me. So some songs are good, the rest, wack due to Def Jam. Like I said on Meth's 2nd cd review, he excels over dark beats. Lighter beats for Meth end up retarded. RZA knew this best. He said Meth beats need to attack him, make Meth defend hisself on the track and you will get the best performance from him.

Seems everyone on Def Jam has problems due to their shitty tactics.
    Fav Wu Members - Deck . GZA . Ghost
    Upcoming
    GZA/Genius – Dark Matter ; Liquid Swords II: The Return of the Shadowboxer * Inspectah Deck – Uncontrolled Substance 2 * Raekwon – The Purple Tape Files ; Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. III * Ghostface Killah x MF DOOM – DOOMStarks: Swift & Changeable * Ghostface Killah – Supreme Clientele Presents… Blue & Cream: The Wally Era * Method Man – Crystal Meth * Method Man x Redman – Blackout! 3 ; How High 2/Too High * Masta Killa – Loyalty is Royalty (9/29)

-

How you gonna blame this wack album on Def Jam? Def Jam didn't force him to rush this album and it took him 4 years to come out with it from his first album hahahahahahahahahaha. It shouldn't take a rapper 4 years to come out with a album from the previous album.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by McTom View Post
    Method Man - Tical 0: The Prequel
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Intro ft. RZA
    * well... kinda of an intro... -/10

2. The Prequel ft. Streetlife
    * not classic meth stuff, but enjoyable 7.5/10

3. Say What ft. Missy Elliot & P. Diddy
    * not as horrible as everyone proclaims it is, but not brilliant either 6.5/10

4. Whats Happining ft. Busta Rhymes
    * yeah, this is what we wanna hear 8.5/10

5. The Motto
    * see comments song number 2 - 7.5/10

6. We Some Dogs ft. Redman & Snoop Dogg
    * god, this must be one of the most awful songs in hiphop ever - 1/10

7. The Turn ft. Raekwon
    * aahh classic wu-tang collobaration... 8/10

8. Tease ft. Chinky
    * who the fuck is chinky? 4.5/10

9. Rodeo ft. Ludacris
    * i dunno, i don't like this song it's kind of irritating (like most ludacris brings out, but that's just my opinion)... 4.5/10

10. Baby Come On ft. Kardinal Offishall
    * another so-so song... 4.5/10

11. Who Ya Rollin Wit ft. Streetlife
    * starts nice, but streetlife's hook is really really horrible... original version with odb sounded much better. the nintendo-like beat found i kinda funny, i don't know... 4.5/10

12. Never Hold Back ft. Saukrates & E3
    * see comments song 10 - 4.5/10

13. The Show
    * kinda nice compared to the shit you've to listen before this, but i don't think it's brilliant either - 6.5/10

14. Act Right
    * see comments song number 13 only a little worse.. 6/10

15. Afterparty ft. Ghostface
    * i can't understand why people like this song so much. ghostface sounds kinda annoying on this instead of sharp and it sounds more like a suitable skit for pretty toney album than an actual number - 5/10

16. Crooked Letter I ft. Streetlife
    * jezus chris - you're happy the album is almost at its end - 3/10

17. Ridin' For Outro ft. Black Ice
    * i forgot how this sounded... was it an actually or just an outro? 3/10

overall: 4/10

maybe acceptable as a party album, but horrible to listen to (except a few numbers) in private. get tical 1 or 2000, but avoid this.
    Chinky sings background vocals on a lot of Mobb Deep songs

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Chinky sings background vocals on a lot of Mobb Deep songs
    Yeah Chinky is Mobb Deep's Tekitha
    Yo!