Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Review - Pitchfork Magazine

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Default "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Review - Pitchfork Magazine

10/10

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...isted-fantasy/

I love the album, probably in my top 5 this year. This review on top of my personal feelings about it confirms for me that it's destined to be a classic.

When a publication consisting of editors and writers that pride themselves on being snobby, "cutting edge" indie rock officionados gives a hip hop album a 10/10, I think that it speaks to just how good it is.

Pitchfork rarely gives an album of any type of genre anything higher than an 8.7, and is notorious for slamming hip hop releases with low 6's and 5's on a pretty regular basis. People probably aren't gonna sleep on Kanye's latest......but seriously, don't sleep on Kanye's latest.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

i liked a lot of the songs, but i cannot get into this album

It is growing on me but I prefer lyrics to beats so I am never going to be his biggest fan. Having said that, his music is great listening to at parties.

I'll buy this someday for sure.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

Banned

like dark side of the moon, every dude is going to own a copy of this album, so I'm debating whether or not to get one myself. but yeah, kanye has no lyrics, he never has and he never will

Veteran Member

Yeah this album cant be no fucking 10/10 with Kanye's rhymes & that horrible 3 minute auto-tuned Runaway solo

You guys will simply never get it if you keep treating it like a rap album.

Check that, you guys quite simply will NEVER get it.

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Regardless about what people think about the album, the reviews for it have been some of the most interesting articles I've read about music in quite a while.

I do agree with Jin though. I think there is a lot of unneeded filler on the album, which may be because Kanye wanted to alter the songs from the original tracks that he put out earlier? Whatever the case, you don't need to make a track like "Runaway" 9 minutes long, especially when those 9 minutes don't really add anything new or relevant to the track but length. It's something I can live with, but I wish he hadn't made some of the songs so long-winded.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

Veteran Member

My ears dont need to get "it" to appreciate/dislike it. Its incredible for what it is, but it has its duds/misteps

Veteran Member

"which may be because Kanye wanted to alter the songs from the original tracks that he put out earlier?"

Lol who do you think is responsible for the addition of that horrible sung chorus line for "Dark Fantasy"? RZA or West? Sounds over produced right there, the OG version was just fine with the vocal sample & piano keys.

Oh brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "which may be because Kanye wanted to alter the songs from the original tracks that he put out earlier?"

Lol who do you think is responsible for the addition of that horrible sung chorus line for "Dark Fantasy"? RZA or West? Sounds over produced right there, the OG version was just fine with the vocal sample & piano keys.
    i couldn't agree more, jin. the leaked version of that song was waaaay better just cause of that little change. but i can hear the rza influence in the beat itself, so i think kanye probably added the bitch singing. i would love to hear some of the wu-brothers rip that beat.

this is definitely one of the better produced records of the year. worth buying, except kanyes such a douche that what little money he would get from my personal purchase would get spent in the most faggoty of ways.
    so fuck that. lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Banned

I coped it. it's a masterpiece. kanye even managed to outdo jay-z in the songs they shared, though his lyrical abilities are still mediocre/good

Banned

LOL

you know youre a clown... right?!?!?!!? PITCHFORK was the confirmation you needed to stamp this album as a classic?!?!!?!

kanye hit a home run with the hipsters... thats for sure!!!!!!!

if this is a perfect 10, whats college dropout?!!?!?!?!?!

niggas gassed off PITCHFORK and ROLLING STONE.... 2 publications that HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD HIP HOP, and dont care to understand hip hop... fuckin disgusting..

rolling stone has tried destroying hip hop several times, theyve hurt more than theyve helped, and PITCHFORK is literally coke bottle glasses and girl pants, stuck up, frat boy, power rankings... mop tops and non prescription glasses magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kanye got less to say now than he did when he first dropped, hes still a remedial emcee, and his production is gettin GASSED more than ever!!!!!!!!

i like how niggas shit on DRE for having production teams, but will give kannye a pass for the same thing... and dre doesnt JACK classic drum flips, he drops classic drum flips for kanye to JACK!!!!!!!!!!!! watch pitchfork assassinate detox when it drops...

fuck all yall playin into this bullshit...

album is cool, got some shit no doubt... but this kind of praise makes me wanna flame on its deficiencies just to balance it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of dre.....kush is rlly growing on me....if dre's vocals are a little bit louder......track would be fuego......his lyrics sound drowned out by the beat
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!