6 12.50%
  • 2 - mediocre

4 8.33%
  • 1 - garbage

6 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kanye West: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    I disagree, i thought the vocal samples were great. It was something different, everyone just rhymes over the beats, Kayne done something different with it, which is exactly what i was looking for in this album.

Fucking brilliant album though, it was everything i expected reading all the reviews. He done something completly different with a mainstream rap album compared to what everyone else is doing.

No point writing a review, Slim T hit it on the head with that review.
    Maybe if the song would've been longer, you don't hear the instrumental enough.

Veteran Member

Yeah I even noticed Def Jam made Ye respit his lyrics on Dark Fantasy, hes not flowing effortlessly on it as he did on the original and even switches his lyrics to remove curses. ("What the fuck do I know" to "What the hell do I know?"). That girl is annoying as fuck, Fantasy was perfect as it was.

^I lost that version, could you hook me up?

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

i couldn't stop listening to dark fantasy and runaway over and over. i even put all the GOOD friday songs on a cd n play that as an album
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

^ yeah i did that with the GOOD Friday tracks as well, Kanye more or less gave us 2 albums in 2010. i really wish he would've kept "The Joy" on 'Dark Twisted Fantasy' tho, to me that's maybe the best song Kanye did in 2010 and it fits perfectly within the context of the album. i usually place it somewhere between tracks 4-8, either before "Monster", "All Of The Lights" or "Devil...".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

wuswordz95

i stole this cd from best buy then I listen to it. i hated it. and took it back to best buy.

Well. I this will be my review for the album, I was hesitant for a while, and still am, but here we go:

1)Dark Fantasy: Nicki manaj voice over in the begining annoys the SHIT out of me, I wish it was cut out. The begining build up, all the ''Can we get much higher'' drew on too long. BUT..No matter the hands that touched this track..Its a Rza track, and a damn good one at that. Props to Kanye for putting the producer he obviously emulates the most on here.

2)Gorgeous: Not a cudi fan, at all, That brings this song a few pegs down to me, The beat is missing that ''Umf'', the beat is really lazy to me, and needs more to it to make it worthy of a good score.

3)Power: Everyone heard this a million times before the album dropped, yet it STILL stands up. It is, to me, the most Kanye sounding song on the whole album. One that stands up against his early stuff. Great track.

4)All the lights Interlude/All the lights: Good synth trumpets. Insane track, has SO many vocals on it from great artists, Kanye has ALOT of credit for me for getting all of them on it. Highlight of the album.

5) Monster: Over rated track in my opinion, I am a horrorcore fan, so to hear this watered down try, even though its NOT bad, its just not as great as people make it seem. But it is listenable. I don't like Nicki, period, but even Ross wasnt that bad on here.

6) So appalled: Nice beat, I dig it alot, old school Kanye feel, Kanyes lyrics are kinda 'Eh', but decent. The guest spots, nice. We got a Jay-z Rza Track, Which is hard to complain about. Rza made this track great though.

7)Devil in a new dress: Im not a Ross fan, the beat is kinda plain, and too diplomat-ish.

8) Runaway: The beat itself if over produced, BUT, fucking great. One of the best of the album

9)Hell of a life: Annoying track, I don't like it, I can;t deny it, Shit song.

10) Blame game: A nice chill track, it is low key, mellow, but is decent to chill to.

11) Lost in the world: Fucking auto tune in the begining made me HATE this track, and I thought it would have gotten better...but it didnt. Shit track

12)Who will survive in america: Not even really a track to me. I can hear this once, and never listen to it again, and not care. Crap ender.

All in all, I want to hate this album, but I can;t full on hate it, but I also can NOT fully like it. About half of it is repeatable, but thats a stretch. Not as good as his early stuff, but whose new shit really is.

Shaolin Master

I feel like I need to have a vagina to get into this kind of music. This album fucking blows. It's nothing but bullshit pop music, and Kanye is a terrible rapper. I couldn't make it through a whole song without hitting the skip button. This shit just isn't my cup of tea. Brother Ali sucks too.

voted solid cuz only time will tell so far in my opinion when I listen.

MONSTER is a hell of a track.

I don't care for the vox auto tune solo that goes on for nearly 2 min though.chop that shit and call it a wrap.

glad I paid money for this though. I have bought all of dudes albums so far (some more than once) and never felt like I got jipped.

also I forgot to say - I dont know why 'the joy' got left off this album?

when I got the leak I was pissed that got cut so I just threw it on there as track 3 or 4. its weird to hear it without 'the joy'

Voted solid.
    Some great beats, some good verses and some terrible verses. Some really nice production touches, and a lot of completely unnecessary production touches and 'artistic' touches (like Kanye crooning for several minutes, ruining otherwise GREAT tracks).. The Joy should've definitely been on it, great track (and a lot better than S.A.S.'s version)!

With that said though, am I the only one thinking that the originality-factor is a bit overrated? What REALLY is it that Kanye does on this that is so original? What is it that've never been done on this album? I feel a bit like people have been gassing it way too much, because it's Kanye.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

{>____<}

I have to pick up this album whenever I get the chance. Damn, I'm late as heck!

this album is still amazing, epic. i don't think theres been an album this year that fucks with it.

Avant-garde

in 90s, classic albums used to pop up every year, nobody needed a classic one because everything was classic. nowadays it's one in a million, that's why his album is instant classic.