Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Wu-tang Internet

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Whatever happened to Howser?

i dont know man but i remember he sent me The Pick, The Sickel, and The Shovel through ICQ back before it was released in the states!

Banned

I remember my brother going on those sites. '97-'98 were definitely the biggest two years for the Wu. makes me sad when I think about it now. it should've lasted longer. Triumph was on mtv 24/7, wu tang forever was selling millions, and they were getting to tour with Rage, which they totally fucked up.

it was weird how in the summer of '97 until early '98, the Wu were the talk of the town. that's all kids would talk about in school. then sometime after the Grammys, it started to go downhill, and by the time the school year ended, it was on to some other thing. not as many kids wearing Wu gear and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
    Whatever happened to Howser?
    Him and some other dude started a swedish hiphop community in 2001 called Whoa. http://www.whoa.se, i'm not sure if he is still involved with this site today.

PRODIGAL SUN

97, mplayer, icq, and meridian 59, hah

1st Degree Drunken Masta dreday99's Avatar

good thread b o c a, this is bringing back some memories. U-WU was dope, i remember getting an e-mail i sent into the newsletter, and printing it out in college, and walking around showing my Wu heads. DSC, 5elements, and later wutangworld was my daily sites i checked. Also, i still think i got that copy of the source with the maroon W on it. was that the same one with the pull out full clan cover? The Source actually repped the Wu hard back in the day.

quick quiz: what does the DSC stand for?
    wherever u go, whatever u do, always remember the W is forever!

Quote Originally Posted by dreday99 View Post
    good thread b o c a, this is bringing back some memories. U-WU was dope, i remember getting an e-mail i sent into the newsletter, and printing it out in college, and walking around showing my Wu heads. DSC, 5elements, and later wutangworld was my daily sites i checked. Also, i still think i got that copy of the source with the maroon W on it. was that the same one with the pull out full clan cover? The Source actually repped the Wu hard back in the day.

quick quiz: what does the DSC stand for?

sick post, u - wu with john book was the shit, everything was so hype back then, i wonder if the new breed of hiphop fans feel the same about their fave artist..

DSC = Da Saga Continues...

1st Degree Drunken Masta dreday99's Avatar

yessir soul controller, that was def. a great era for us. honestly, i don't think these young cats feel how we felt about our guys. i remember working with this young high school chick at an old job, and she was heavy into Weezy. so i asked her if she heard and liked all his old Hot Boyz shit. She insisted that she had no interest in it, and never planned on hearing it, but loved him to death.

WTF? When Wu came out, i checked for everything Wu. And everything Mobb. and everything Nas. and everything Black Moon. we as an era was willing to do the knowledge, and know our history about the people that we loved, and who shaped and molded the culture right in front of our eyes. So no, there's no way these cats feel how we feel about this beautiful music, and the people that make it happen.

and also - DING DING DING!!! i remember when they actually shortened it, and it was called "theDSC" i always laugh at that. The Da Saga Continues...beautifully redundant.
    wherever u go, whatever u do, always remember the W is forever!

the dsc was the shit!!!!!

5elements was dope! I got all my exclusives from there. peace.

cueing up wu-tang TEARZ

Shaolin Student

Quote Originally Posted by b o c a View Post
    i dont know man but i remember he sent me The Pick, The Sickel, and The Shovel through ICQ back before it was released in the states!
    wow the memories, for some reason this LP was released 2 days early in australia i remember ripping to real audio and upping it for the guys on wu-tang domain matt villas site if i remember correctly. everything was real audio then.

I also got sent a copy in .wav on dialup! of sunz of man - dark castle from a dude who found the dat tape after using studio after sunz!

Icq was the shit and IRC dalnet server #rap was the place to chat Apathy was a regular Eminem swung thru every now and then Tony Infamous shit was alive back then.

Quote Originally Posted by OPTIMUS View Post
    wow the memories, for some reason this LP was released 2 days early in australia i remember ripping to real audio and upping it for the guys on wu-tang domain matt villas site if i remember correctly. everything was real audio then.

I also got sent a copy in .wav on dialup! of sunz of man - dark castle from a dude who found the dat tape after using studio after sunz!

Icq was the shit and IRC dalnet server #rap was the place to chat Apathy was a regular Eminem swung thru every now and then Tony Infamous shit was alive back then.
    woah..

irc dalnet #rap was so much fun... what was your nick? i chilled in their from 94-2000? maybe upto 2003? used diff nicks from ^sana^ d|G|
    Soulcontroller,. had sops in their for many a year,, mza/r3wted,cliche, bang, humble/zeroc , t0ca! ryan t ,. sheytan was sick aswell..
    ahhh so many nicks..

do you use irc still?

Quote Originally Posted by OPTIMUS View Post

Whats this? Have you still got this record?
    Nobody fucks with The Realest fan of Wu, R-G-to the U, two thousand and two !

Anybody ever go to the Ghostface Killah Sony messageboard? It was aight, but the Nas board was jumping 99-04

Here, I'm handing out late passes