Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Wu-tang Internet

1 Million Strong (The site who first came up with the infamous Wu B.I.B.L.E)

Howser at Wu-Fam HQ

Hugz Boss at The DSC

Wu-Tang by Germs

who remember one step

howser always got the rare shit........

DSC was always crowded with lots of diehard wufans and at the other hand there was lots of dumbasses there.......

and of course wutangworld.......

this 3 sites takes me to the wutang empire, fuck my head so badly that i still on wutang forum after all that years.......... sick!

----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I loved that weird Wu site HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN back in the days. That was cool, altho they never updated that shit. It was more a database.

Im down since 99:

The old 5elements forum was also fucking dope, that's how this forum started!

Old 5elements e-message black/blue forum by BLODDY FISTS ->
    New 5elements forum hosted by JORDEH (who did wutangdynasty; a discography site) ->
    5elements died, but the forum stayed the same. JORDEH became JORDI and a new WUTANGDYNASTY came up.
    WTD became WTC! Still the same forum! :-)

Also, I remember when Jordi showed me a new designed www.the5elements.com website. Jordi designed it and he and Bloody Fists planned to do this website togheter. But it never happend. 5e died and WTD became THE Wu site.

WuLyricz and WTW got their own history! :-)

mothafuckers making me sign in and post.

damn thats the history their
    5 elements to wutang D
    i got a tear thinking of all the dope wu spots been mentioned already in here. dopest where john books u-wu and 5 elements
    i wish i had registered on 5ele instead of reading
    when this site orginaly kicked off, i was here, wish i saved more threads from all these 2 forums. peace to Jordi,.he KEPT THIS SHIT LIVE, when it was killed many times,. i have to say. 97-99 rocked for wu internet fans
    but THIS FORUM FUCKING OWNED FROM 2000 UPTO THE LAST MAJOR CRASH, Their was so much knowledge, music, idea's flying around this place,. i wish PEACE and UNIVERSAL LOVE to all who i have built with,
    so many people left this site,. replaced with newer members.,
    i hope you all carry on and enjoy

if any older heads have some of the older know the ledge archieves.. before the 1st crash. get in contact with me please.
    Peace to one and all.

Shaekwon Tha 1st Brother

Damn, yall older gods is lucky as fuck. I was just a child back in 97 just knockin out 5 years of bein on this earth. But shit i guess Wu-Corp is my site now. I'll be reminiscing on this shit 10 years from now when im 25.

P.E.A.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by vahacris View Post
    howser always got the rare shit........

DSC was always crowded with lots of diehard wufans and at the other hand there was lots of dumbasses there.......
    The same like in here ;-)

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MefMan36 View Post
    I wish I had a computer or internet in 97
    lol wut

i had internet back then, and it was WACK, nothing loaded within an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    I still remember seein the new design for this website just before it crashed and we all left.

was that 04? it had like a black and grey thing? i dont think that lasted long at all

I remember Pretty Toney album came out it was the old site, alot of people werent likeing that cover, and then it crashed before it was released i think

Howser's site was dope, was that the 5 elements right?? ..all those sites back then, lol even i had a site up for a short while back then too but imagine how many more fans Wu had back in those days compared to now lol... i never understood that AOL shit though, it was first with Napster that i really started to getting downloads of the exclusives. previously it was Real Audio as mentioned.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

was that 04? it had like a black and grey thing? i dont think that lasted long at all
    It was playing more with a red yellow thing. Oct. 2004
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Wowww man yall are taking me back now.....97's style.....damn.....

-The 5 Elements
    -Tha DSC
    -Wu-Fam HQ by Howser (did anybody ever order his custom Wu CD's?? lol I got like 6, straight from Sweden!.....haha....)
    -Wu-Dynasty
    -The U-Wu Newsletter......
    -Wutang World....

Damn, those were the days man.....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Eastern village

i remember when rza and i think it was gza had a online chat quiz sort of, there was alot of questions and answers. I had a good morning since i am in europe. I remember Howser too from the dsc days, i had a mail from him cause i had some interviews with shabazz that my friend taped on a visit at he's crib. Anyway he lived in sweden so if someone has he's name i might be able to locate him. He and uwu was the dopest sites at that time.

Now i understand "it was better before"

I remember Wu-tang world wit KZA,it was heavy! With all those hard to get unreleased wu and killabee tracks,it used to take me an hour to download one track cos i had dial-up,but it was worth it lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    Anyway he lived in sweden so if someone has he's name i might be able to locate him. He and uwu was the dopest sites at that time.

Now i understand "it was better before"
    Howser runs the swedish hip-hop community Whoa these days, or at least he was one of them who started it but i think he's still there..
    www.whoa.nu

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Default john book

john book still posts a lot on okayplayer...
    he also has a blog, but it aint much about the wu these days
    http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/

I was about 14 years old when i used to post at WWW.THEDSC.COM That was back in '97. Back then was the PRIME for the wu-tang. I actually remember some of the posters....

there was my favorite

Xodus - his favorite album was heavy mental and he'd break down every song and post a lot of wisdom on the forum

Cobalt - he was a vet at thedsc

Upsidedownturtle - ...

I used to post as LiquidSwo®dsMan

and there was tha masta who later came out with wulyricz. My bro designed one of the earlier versions of his site. Haha people used to ridicule the kid because he was such a fanatic. he'd write out lyrics to every song.

Mkilla - guy from london i think. Real snot nose guy ...antagonist of the forum.

I wonder where these cats are these days. It was a smaller community back then. I was on some 56k dial up and one of the only people who actually had internet back then. people were just learning about AOL. lmao.

back then if you wanted to download a song you had to get it in real audio format. and yeah THE DSC would sample just enough of the song to make it loop so you could freestyle to the shit. I actually still have all the audio i downloaded from the dsc in real audio!

on the old skool DSC website forum we'd have keystyle battles that would go on and on and on. pages full of people just writing some ill verses because uploading freestyles/beats wasn't really manageable. I think that is what i miss the most.

I don't think you can pull up old THE DSC forum threads. even with archive sites.

THE DSC went down and came back as www.dasagacontinues.com a couple years later. that was fresh!

P.E.A.C.E. to anyone who used to post at www.thedsc.com you guys must be vets like me.