Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: would you want a new A Tribe Called Quest album?

They should make another one!

-

Taskmaster2112, i don't wanna hear The Renaissance album. I saw some of the first video Gettin Up from the album and the song sucks. I do like his 2nd video Move but i don't wanna hear the album because QTip's solo songs are gay LOL. I remember i posted a topic on here a long time ago dissing his Amplified album and somebody posted a picture of Amplified album cover and said he can see why the album sucks hahahahahahaha. I don't think there's anything wrong with Amplified album cover but the album sucks. I know he did another album called Kamaal The Abstract and a guy i don't know that i met on the internet that used to burn me music cd's told me he heard the album and he said QTip sings on most of the songs LOL. So i told him i don't wanna hear it LOL.

Hahaha, Chuck Jones is the most closed minded hip-hop fan to ever click register on WTC.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I like hardcore rap and i like political rap. I like some clean rap but i don't like gay rap like QTip, Ceelo of Goodie Mob, Andre of Outkast, Common(i do like his first 2 albums and that's it LOL).

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

I always found it funny how The Love Movement got half shitted on, then when Dilla got more popular everyone decided it wasnt as bad as they were told it was. That album sounds a lot better now than it did.

Then again, most original fans thought they fell off with Beats Rhymes and Life, which tells you something about the quality we had in the mid and late 90s, for an album like that to be belittled.

-

It's funny to me too how some people dissed The Love Movement and Beats Rhymes and Life albums. Those albums are good.

^i would have guessed that those albums wouldn't have been hardcore enough for you.

-

I told you i like some clean rappers as long as they got good beats. I like songs by Heavy D, Biz Markie, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, The Fat Boys, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Whodini, Will Smith, UTFO.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmaster2112 View Post
    ^i would have guessed that those albums wouldn't have been hardcore enough for you.
    nobody is a fan of tribe for a hardcore sound

find a way is in the top league of tribe tracks the way that beat comes in with "messin me up my whole head" is legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    nobody is a fan of tribe for a hardcore sound

find a way is in the top league of tribe tracks the way that beat comes in with "messin me up my whole head" is legendary
    I'm aware that nobody is a fan of Tribe for a hardcore sound. i was just commenting on Charles Jones saying he doesn't like Q-Tip's albums (even though he hasn't heard "Reanaissance") because Q-Tip's solo stuff is gay. then saying that he prefers hardcore rap btu then said that "Beats, Rhymes and Life" and "The Love Movement" are good albums. i was just pointing out that he was hypocritical and closed-minded.

-

Whatever Taskmaster2112.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

been waiting since 99...........

a new ATCQ album would be welcomed. Tip been droppin some dope solos but i havent heard any Phife music in a while. either way it would be dope to see a Tribe reunion.

When they stopped in 98 they had legitimate reasons (tired of touring, time with family, doing other projects etc). Honestly now I can't see a reason why they don't do it. Tip and Phife have both had decent enough solo joints out. Now is the time, I think for them to come back. As for them branching out, I think Kanye West and maybe the Neptunes would be a good fit, as they can do soul beats and a minimal, jazzy style that would fit them. Tip should produce a few as his last album basically sounded like Tribe beats, Pete Rock maybe. Get Busta and Consequence on there. I'm getting excited and carried away here, the fact is all 3 of them have basically said in interviews that its not happening.

^ Neptunes on a Tribe album, i ain't with it at all lol... they have to great producers in their three man group, so why would they want to branch out.

has anyone heard Ali Shaheed's solo album btw? is it an instrumental release or is he singing or rapping or what?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!