Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - A wasted opportunity?

Default 2010 - A wasted opportunity?

What's your thoughts?

Going into 2010 after Cuban2 I was hoping this was going to be a huge year for Wu. They had momentum again. Strike whilst the iron hot.

If memory serves right the hopes were for Crystal Meth, The Rebellion, Shaolin vs Wu, LiquidSwords2, Wu Massacre, Loyalty is Royalty (things must be the same out for years). Probably some others (Ghost lps?)

We got Massacre + a decent Deck lp - but pretty much not much else, other than a lot of good guest appearences (mainly Rae but I've enjoyed RZAs too).

I think it was a missed opportunity. But...there is always 2011.

Yeah i'm hoping 2011 will make up for it, but this the Wu we probably won't get any of the shit you mentioned til 2012

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

idk..maybe

but they are like in their 40's now. Im pretty sure theyre not exactly looking for their next big break anymore in the current hip hop market.

wu tang took theyre opportunity when it was presented as well as any of them or their fans could of possibly hoped, let it rest. Im not exactly desperate for new material at this stage.

Veteran Member

Alot more talk than action this year.

At least there weren't too many rushed out Wu-Massacre type products to capitalize on Cuban Linx, and those guest appearances were high-visibility enough to ensure 2010 wasn't a waste.

Guess there's hope for next year, all I really care about is Liquid Swords 2 anyway.

Raekwon owned 2010 even beyond Wu. He became a mainstrean figure, which is very promising. He's everywhere: Lloyd, Kanye, Ross, you name it. Millions of children worldwide were introduced to Wu because of that Bieber remix, but the dumb cats here can't understand that. That means that whole Clan might be back in some acceptable form, i guess.

RZA's beats are very popular again, 'Dark Fantasy' was a oppening song on Kanye's critically acclaimed album.

things are getting better.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Liquid Swords 2 is just a horrible idea.

I have nothing against GZA doing it however.

Banned

yeah, I thought this year was going to be big for the Wu. I was anticipating Wu-Massacre like it was the second coming. I'm glad they dropped it and I did cop it, but obviously it was rushed and felt incomplete. I was hoping Rae to make things right with shaolin vs. wu-tang, but looks like we have to wait til March 2011, along with The Rebellion.

but hey, this year ain't over yet. Ghost is still dropping Apollo Kids this month. I'll cop it, though my interest isn't that overwhelming. but a new album from the best Wu member is a nice welcome, even if it were an R&B shit. and the Deck Manifesto album was a disappointment, but I doubt anybody had any stock on that thing.

2011: shaolin vs. wu-tang, The Rebellion, Liquid Swords 2, and maybe two Ghost albums (blue & cream, supreme clientele 2) I'd be surprised if they all get released in 2011, or even half of them, but I think it's a done deal that Shaolin v. Wu and The Rebellion are dropping March 2011

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

^^ don't forget Masta Killa's album

I was a good year for Wu. Probably not as good as 2009, but nothing like the period of 2001-2005

Gunshowers
    Mef vs Chef 2
    Miranda
    Youngstown Heist
    Pimpin' Chipp
    Dangerous
    The Champion
    Born Survivor
    The Bad Apple
    Brothaz Respect
    9th chamber 2
    PSA
    Gone
    You Don't Own Me
    City Haze
    Dark Fantasy
    Gorgeous

Not really that bad a list at all.

PRODIGAL SUN

Yeh after OB4CL2 I was hoping for a bit more this year but it'll come. Quite interested to see how decent Apollo Kids is, not expecting much though to be honest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    ^^ don't forget Masta Killa's album
    yeah, I just realized that. not sure which is going to be better, The Rebellion or the Masta Killa album

Madesicc Minded/ Wu Junky

Don't forget the Shabazz The Disciple & DJ Extremidiz - Hood Scriptures Album, avaiable only on itunes for now....Ghost droppin this month & hopfully Timbo King drops as well....I bought that Hood Scriptures album from itunes & was pleased wit it, especially the last track: 29. Page Two (The Sabbath) - The best Shabazz track I ever heard!

i think after Rae dropped that gem we like to call Only Built For Cuban Linx II, everything else released by the Wu will be considered a flop just because they will all be compared to it

2010- wasted opportunity? i think not... been a good year as
    SL33 post says things are getting better....

rae had a monster year...he was on evryone's album lol plus the bieber remix...good shit
    wu massacre was trash, didnt bother with a deck album...ghostface new shit looks promising
    i stopped hoping for a good wu year since '01....never happening again idk why yall stress lol
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video