Thread: Wu-tang and RATM

FRESH FISH

Default Wu-tang and RATM

So did any get to see this tour? Any good stories? Why did it fall apart? I was just a little dude then so i didn't know shit. these are two of the most influencial music groups in my life. Also, are there any other collabos besides the track they did on Loud Rocks?

FRESH FISH

Default Re: Wu-tang and RATM

Yeah I saw it it was one of my first big concerts back in high school.

The reason it fell apart was simple: most of the Wu members either didn't give a shit about it and/or had legal shit (Dirt) getting in the way and weren't showing up on their own tour, simple as that, and Wu dropped off the bill early. I always felt bad for RZA cause his group didn't act too professional that summer. You can really trace the Wu downfall to that tour that's where shit started to go bad for them.

Anyway I caught one of the first shows of the tour and I'm in Jersey so they actually all showed up the night I went. Rage was better anyway.

FRESH FISH

I heard someone sayin' RZA and Zach De La Rocha had beef or something, Please don't say its true!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cboals
    I heard someone sayin' RZA and Zach De La Rocha had beef or something, Please don't say its true!
    for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

FRESH FISH

Nah thats ducktales theres never been any beef between RZA and Zach.

But even if there was...who cares? You can still listen to both.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

its the one where Ghostface pulled a gun out on one of the bodygoards there, that fucked everythin up, then he got jailed.

Knowledge Seeker

Word up, I was up front in the pit at the Atlanta show. They played all of the classics. It was probably my favorite concert.
    PEACE

Straight Outta PHX

That woulda been tha shit to go to, my favorite Hip-Hop group and my favorite rock group.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

I heard they got sued for beating up a promoter too, and dirt showed up to one show drunk and just rambled and ranted (They show part of that on the MTV Ultrasound documentary).

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by vay727
    I heard they got sued for beating up a promoter too, and dirt showed up to one show drunk and just rambled and ranted (They show part of that on the MTV Ultrasound documentary).
    Yes, I heard Masta Killa punched Rage's road manager/promoter.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

I saw them in Connecticut and by the time Rage came on the crowd had tore down this picket fence surrounding the arena and made several fires with it. Wu almost seemed to incite the crowd but i think they were just trying to get them amped. I left half way thru Rage's set when people started chucking pieces of the picket fence in the air.