Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im still hooked on Bone Thugs and I'm gonna throw rocks in a glass house

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Im still hooked on Bone Thugs and I'm gonna throw rocks in a glass house

The last real ghostface album to me was BPW. More or less. And thats a long time. Almost a decade. As good as P Tone, Fishscale were in their own right, thats not the Ghostface I first got hooked on. Compared to his real shit, theyre kids shit.

I havent heard Purified thoughts yet, and that probably says it all, but from what I can tell he hasnt changed anything. To be honest ive lost interest in him. I dont know about any other fans on here that went out on SC release day, but the newer fans probably wont have the same feelings.

I was hoping this album, calling it Appollo Kids, he might finally drop this Trife influenced bland boring punchline rap shit hes been doing for so long, like i said, havent heard it, but from what i can tell he hasnt.

And you teenage/emotional attached faggots can go ahead and call this hating, bullshit, this isnt hating, this is facts, Ghost fell off from his old self, and its been so long now Im not even sure he can get it back. Idk if it was the drugs or what that used to get him spitting shit like that.

Theres still been splashes here and there over the last 10 years, like Alex etc, but mostly its been generic gay shit im bored of now.

so fuck yall yes men. this shit needs saying after 10 years.

tl;dr "But fuck that, I put alotta money up, I'm hatin!"

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

For me Fishscale was the last decent Ghostface release. But on the other hand everything he's done since has been better than most artist's efforts of around the same time.

I also think what people wanna charge for samples is really hurting an artist like Ghostface so I understand a drop in quality somewhat.

On a side note, I bumped BPW for the first time in ages today and it was sounding real nice.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

FRESH FISH

I certainly know what you mean, to a certain degree I feel the same way - Im not as hyped for a Ghost album anymore and his lyrics and flow doesnt knock me over like it used to.

When thats said I do think that Apollo Kids is a banger and has some of the best tracks since Pretty Tony... So im staying positive and I still do have faith in Ghost from whom I expect alot!!

{>____<}

^Agree.

Banned

its your loss for expecting ghost stay at his peak...

you have him competing against himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i look for dope beats and dope rhymes....

i can still pick up a ghostface record, knowin its gonna have dope beats and dope rhymes...

these niggas fall in love with the IMMORTAL....

thats why i think a lot of the disrespect to the older gods..

comes from tween hearts, that got a lot of livin to do...

askin ma why the cable is down.....

when shes cracked out on the couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas get lost on the mic...

where their core skills just disappear..

ghost vocal quality is still there... flow still sharp, storytelling, style, personality...

ghost still catchin bodies out here, decades deep... trashin niggas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbershop isnt some of the illest storytellin ever?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

his verses on OB4CL 2 werent hot!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?

and even if what you were sayin was the case...

SINATRA was on stage greyed out.. spillin drinks, forgettin songs....

you were still gonna KISS the fuckin ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sound like a spoiled dough boy askin michael jordan to dunk at one of his basketball camps!!!!!

check the tape if you dont wanna deal with the reality of now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRODIGAL SUN

on one level, i agree... ghost at his peak was the best rapper i ever heard.

then again, its unfair to expect a rapper to sound the same forever. what other rapper has done that? ghost has aged better than 99% of rappers out there.

when you listen to 96 ghost and now, its not as good but its still nice.

if you listen to rza/gza from 95, and now, its pathetic.

the annoying thing is i know ghost can kill it, so i hold out hope, but i still like his new shit anyway

I agree with OP. For someone of the proven calibre of Ghost even really pretty damned good albums are a disappointment. There has been some good stuff, no doubt, but I expected more. His OB4CL2 guest spots were totally amazing though and I'm hopeful he runs with that vibe.

PRODIGAL SUN

angry! always delivers
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

The Ghostface I loved was about experimenting (crying style, the Watch, Holla) and going against expectations ("softness" of All that i got is you, The sun, who expected a lighthearted song about praising the sun?). I understand if he felt this was underappreciated, and went for what he thought was the safe route, sounding pissed off over soulsamples.
    But he has promised something spectacular and different for 2011, and I believe him.

IDI_AMIN

faggit thread.

mods close and delete

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IDI_AMIN View Post
    faggit thread.

mods close and delete

dictator ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

I happen to like the thread title change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    The last real ghostface album to me was BPW. More or less. And thats a long time. Almost a decade. As good as P Tone, Fishscale were in their own right, thats not the Ghostface I first got hooked on. Compared to his real shit, theyre kids shit.

I havent heard Purified thoughts yet, and that probably says it all, but from what I can tell he hasnt changed anything. To be honest ive lost interest in him. I dont know about any other fans on here that went out on SC release day, but the newer fans probably wont have the same feelings.

I was hoping this album, calling it Appollo Kids, he might finally drop this Trife influenced bland boring punchline rap shit hes been doing for so long, like i said, havent heard it, but from what i can tell he hasnt.

And you teenage/emotional attached faggots can go ahead and call this hating, bullshit, this isnt hating, this is facts, Ghost fell off from his old self, and its been so long now Im not even sure he can get it back. Idk if it was the drugs or what that used to get him spitting shit like that.

Theres still been splashes here and there over the last 10 years, like Alex etc, but mostly its been generic gay shit im bored of now.

so fuck yall yes men. this shit needs saying after 10 years.
    How many of your favourite emcees from the 90's are as good as their peak in the 90's/80's? not many thats why it happens to 99% of emcees, that said Ghost is one of the illest to do still merking songs left and right. youre naive to not expect a 'fall' (not the punctuation marks, 2010 ghost shits on most emcees)

Quote Originally Posted by Undiluted Karma View Post
    How many of your favourite emcees from the 90's are as good as their peak in the 90's/80's? not many thats why it happens to 99% of emcees, that said Ghost is one of the illest to do still merking songs left and right. youre naive to not expect a 'fall' (not the punctuation marks, 2010 ghost shits on most emcees)
    Whoa hold your lane chucha, calling me naive? you said you only been listening to Wu for 2 years, just be grateful youre even permitted to have an opinion on this subject. Youre implying ghost fell off, which effectively he has, but not because of any other reason than his own decision to change his style.

The point being when he used to be good, I highly doubt he even gave a seconds thought to what his style actually was, Im also 100% he sure he payed no attention to anything in rap music outside of Wu Tang.

But due to your failure to grasp the basics of this thread, I'm afraid I'm unable to reply to you further at this time.