Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: top 5 producers ? 3 favorite beats from them and why

Default top 5 producers ? 3 favorite beats from them and why

title is self explanatory. . .

1. Alchemist/ Book of Rhymes, The Essence, Lose your life/ dudes sound is just so unique and differant and always has thumpin bass nd drums

2. DJ Premier aka preemo/ We got gunz, Full Clip, ten crack commandments/ do i really need an explanation ? dudes the best

3. The RZA / EVERYTHING/ hes a monster new and old dudes a genius. .

4. MF Doom/All Caps, accordion, all the joints on dat switch da beat joint/ he has a very unique kind of back packer sort of sound always dug it. .

5. Kanye West & JUSTICE league/ wouldnt get far, run away(toast), Good life -- Everything i've heard from them is pretty amazing and is usually wasted on wack artists. . i say kanye because he is one of the only ones in mainstream who can be creative and still sell very well. . justice leagues beats are just so well put together and is more symphonic

1. DJ Premier: Work, Kick In The Door (BIG), Full Clip, Boom (Royce), MVP (Ludacris)

2. RZA: Ice Water, Reunited, Box In Hand, 4th Chamber, Black Mozart

3. Madlib: Mystic Bounce, LAX to JFK, Accordion, Fancy Clown, Auditorium (Mos Def)

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

1. DJ Premier - It's All Real, JFK 2 LAX, Nas is Like, Revenge of the Prophet (Pt. 5), Memory Lane, Moment of Truth

2. RZA - 4th Chamber, Gold, C.R.E.A.M., Guillotine (Swordz), Wu-Gambinos

3. Pete Rock - T.R.O.Y., The World Is Yours, Rather Unique, Life I Live, Return of the Mecca

4. Havoc - Still Shinin', Shook Ones Pt 2, Survival of the Fittest, Nighttime Vultures, Drop A Gem On Em'

5. 4th Disciple - Dress to Kill, Tai Chi, Fair, Love & War, A Better Tomorrow, Burning Season

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

DJ Premier -The Militia, Memory Lane, You Know My Steez, Ton O' Gunz

RZA - 4th Chamber, Wharr, CREAM, Wu-Gaminos, Run 4 Cover

Mathematics - Fire Ina Hole, BO2 (Intro), Always NY, Da Great Siege, Strawberry

Havoc - It's Mine, Shook Ones Pt. 2, GOD PT 3, Quiet Storm, Cobra

9th Wonder - Threat, I See Now, P-Body, Bad Man, Hustle

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post

4. MF Doom/All Caps, accordion, all the joints on dat switch da beat joint/ he has a very unique kind of back packer sort of sound always dug it. .
    Madlib produced Accordion and All Caps.

Off the top of the head

RZA-Careful (Click Click)/4th Chamber/The W -The most versatile dopest producer from any genre ive been into imo

Stoupe The Enemy of Mankind- Blood Runs Cold/Muerte/The Executioners Dream-Dope drums, samples some of his early beats imo rivalled or bettered RZA in the 90's. Dudes fucking amazing almost as much as RZA

DJ Krush-Meiso/Shinjiro/Ground-Heads have slept big time on this dude maybe because hes primarily instrumental hip hop but hes amassed enough collabs with the likes of Guru/CL Smooth/Black Thought/Tragedy and Mos Def to make an LP of rap material. Ill producer drums/earie soundscapes etc etc you can see the influence of RZA on him.

4th Disciple-Unite To Fight/Camouflage Ninjas/Fear,Love and War. You can tell he was mentored by RZA but he has his own distinct excellent, sombre and melodic style. dope

Da Beatminerz- Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka/Operation Lock Down/Grate Unknown. Some real grimey raw hip hop. It's too bad the BCC dont work with them as much because they laced them with classic beats ie like Nocturnal, with heavy drums and beats a true classic LP.

Premo gets an honorary mention but his beats personally never resounded with me as much as the above guys whose beats also had more longevity to me in terms of how much i listened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post
    1. DJ Premier: Work, Kick In The Door (BIG), Full Clip, Boom (Royce), MVP (Ludacris)

3. Madlib: Mystic Bounce, LAX to JFK, Accordion, Fancy Clown, Auditorium (Mos Def)

Fucked up, here's the rest:

4. J-Dilla: Runnin (Pharcyde), , History (Mos Def), So Hardcore (Busta), Gazillion Ear (Doom), 10 Bricks (Raekwon)

PRODIGAL SUN

RZA - how long do you have?

Nujabes - Lady Brown, Luv Sic series

Eric. B - Lyrics of Fury and many others if he did actually produce them?

Quote Originally Posted by Undiluted Karma View Post
    Da Beatminerz- Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka/Operation Lock Down/Grate Unknown. Some real grimey raw hip hop. It's too bad the BCC dont work with them as much because they laced them with classic beats ie like Nocturnal, with heavy drums and beats a true classic LP.
    ^^ Word

RZA - Need i say more?

Primo - The sun rises in the east! showbiz and ag-next level nyt tym mix, Nas -NY state of mind. Straight classics

1) DJ Premier - Above the Clouds, Watch How It Go Down, Battle

2) Dr. Dre - Deeez Nuts, Still D.R.E, East Coast/West Coast Killas

3) RZA - Triumph, Reunited, 4th Chamber

4) J Dilla - History, 10 Bricks, Ason Jones

5) Hi-Tek - Definition, Ballad of the Black Gold, Down for the Count

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

not enough Madlib, Rino, Bolo, andd Lord B in here!1101

3. Madlib: Mystic Bounce, LAX to JFK, Accordion, Fancy Clown, Auditorium (Mos

4. J-Dilla: Runnin (Pharcyde), , History (Mos Def), So Hardcore (Busta), Gazillion Ear (Doom), 10 Bricks (Raekwon)

and.. (took me a bit to decide)

5. Marley Marl: Mama Said Knock You Out (LL), Kill A Rapper (KRS), Creation and Destruction (Immortal Technique), On The Real (Screwball), Grim Reaper (Youngstas)

Quote Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post

3. Madlib: Mystic Bounce, LAX to JFK, Accordion, Fancy Clown, Auditorium (Mos

and.. (took me a bit to decide)

5. Marley Marl: Mama Said Knock You Out (LL), Kill A Rapper (KRS), Creation and Destruction (Immortal Technique), On The Real (Screwball), Grim Reaper (Youngstas)
    Shit, that's my top 5, in that exact same order, except instead of Marley Marl, my #5 rotates between Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Da Beatminerz, Large Professor, and Buckwild, depending on what i'm listening to on a given day or week. actually, J Dilla gets bumped out by one of those #5 every once and then too, but my top 3 are pretty constant.

1.Pete Rock
    2.RZA
    3.DJ Premier
    4.DJ Muggs
    5.Madlib

i couldnt really pick just 3 from these producers

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmaster2112 View Post
    Shit, that's my top 5, in that exact same order, except instead of Marley Marl, my #5 rotates between Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Da Beatminerz, Large Professor, and Buckwild, depending on what i'm listening to on a given day or week. actually, J Dilla gets bumped out by one of those #5 every once and then too, but my top 3 are pretty constant.
    My top 5 rotates too, that's why I took like a week before i came back and put in my last one.