2 13.33%
  • 1 - Wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot

no review thread yet for Big Bois debut solo? hmm

Theres only 2 songs I dont really like (if were not counting the suspect bonue tracks), that wack as hell "Follow Us" and "Be Still" with the horribly overrrated Janele Morae. And the only thing saving "Night Night" is the hook.

But the rest are good. I thought Yelawolf killed his spot

Biggest dissapointment though? The exitement of seeing Khujo Goodie on the featured guests, skipping to that track, hearing a beat that is PERFECT for Khujo, listening....waiting for the Khujo verse......waiting.......HE DOESNT FUCKING HAVE ONE. That said the 2 or 3 lines he does actually spit are the best on the song.

All the Organized Noize tracks are heat, and 3stacks beat is crazy.

Im only gonna give it a 3.75 though. I dont think its quite worth 1 point off perfect, its good, but id say Speakerboxx is slightly better, and I'd rate Speakerboxx as a 4/5.

dang forgot the pollish

Banned

def. one of my favorite albums of 2010...

some of the best mic work i heard all year...

niggas never wanna give big boi any credit when talkin the genius of OUTKAST...

ANDRE taking years off, givin guest verses to bullshit joints with chris brown, sounding rusty as fuck on the mic...

and BIG dropped his second straight solo of spazzing start to finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORGANIZED NOISE and DF is still magic...

BIG BOI brutalized that boy yelawolf... yikes... that andre beat is crazy, rocket fuel shit...

that was like gang initiation...

"you down yela!?!?!?!!?"

"eat this!!!!!!!!"

*gets duffed repeatedly*

dizzying flows, incredible style, fly concepts, dope beats... DOPE album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG BOI is one of the most consistent emcees ever, he hasn't lost a step... vocally still as potent as ever, and hes still turning the meter, inventing new flows!!!!!!!!!!!

the use of plug-ins, R&B fusion, funk fusion... big boi is master level...

all these niggas playing with vocal effects... to mask deficiencies..

big BWOI runs a fuckin clinic...

right there with SPEAKERBOXXX for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fixed the poll for you, and i pretty much agree with what you two just said.. Big Boi has an amazing way on the microphone in his own way and on his two solo albums he has really proved that he's good at putting together albums.. i'd rate this 4/5 at the least, there's a few songs i could skip or that have a wack hook but overall it's very, very solid. i'd give the slight edge to "Speakerboxxx" tho, loved that album

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

It was dope when it dropped but I wasnt really blown away by it like alot of ya'll were, it didnt really.........I honestly dont know how to call it, I liked it but after the first 2 or 3 times I listened to it I havent really wanted to since...........Its a cool record for a casual listener but I guess you have to be a Die hard Outkast fan to really feel it

-

Big Boi can rap but i'm gonna pass on this album because a lot of Outkast's music sucks. I like some of their songs but i stopped liking them after Aquemini album. It's a shame what happened to Andre because he can rap. He's so weird.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

it's way better than speakerboxxx imo..only song i didnt like was follow us, the chorus ruined it for me

the best song tho is the one with yelawolf, that shit goes HARD..plus its my ringtone lol

big boi gets better and better lyrically as time goes on...waaay better than speakerboxxx
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

id probably up my score to 4/5 after more listens

yelawolf brought the 'mamacita' memories back with his spot i thought

big boi doesnt miss a beat

4 star banger

As near a classic as 2010 got, along with a few others.

Great album, only songs i wasnt really liking was "Follow Us" (only the chorus, the rest was dope as fuck), and "Be Still".

How fucking dope are songs like "Shutterbug", "Tangerine", "Shine Blockas", "Daddy Fat Sax" etc? I think this album is easily superier to "Speakerboxx" (which was dope as well, but a little over the place compared to "Sir Lucious").

Definitely a great album. I think Big Boi has charisma and a pretty unique turn of phrase. But I definitely want Dre to hurry up and do his solo so Kast can reunite.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    As near a classic as 2010 got, along with a few others.

Great album, only songs i wasnt really liking was "Follow Us" (only the chorus, the rest was dope as fuck), and "Be Still".

How fucking dope are songs like "Shutterbug", "Tangerine", "Shine Blockas", "Daddy Fat Sax" etc? I think this album is easily superier to "Speakerboxx" (which was dope as well, but a little over the place compared to "Sir Lucious").
    ^co-sign every word.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

only song thats really good is tangerine, when i first heard shutterbug it was dope but got boring after the 3rd time or so, and that "boi stop" he says on every track is gay and annoying...............weak

Veteran Member

Daddy Fat Sax is the shit, listen to Mr DJ's drums

damn i want to cop this album now . Big boi is dope .
    Trip