Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Apollo kids First Week Sales

Default Apollo kids First Week Sales

fucking 13000!!!

Following Redman and Sheek Louch respectively, Def Jam saw a veteran act's fourth-quarter album debut below the #100 mark. Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah's Apollo Kids appeared at #114, despite critical praises of the Staten Island, New York emcee's ninth album. With vocal appearances from Game, Black Thought and Wu brethren, the album also features production from Pete Rock, Sean C & LV and Scram Jones.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...ing-12-26-2010

OL'DIRTY BASTARD (R.I.P.)

billyanalogue

i am so happy for ghostface. this album is rockin'

Wu Vatican

^^13000 is shit numbers bro

Who cares, album is great.

Well it's the lack of promo I'd say.
    Only hardcore followers will be checking for this, the mainstream will not make notice of it unless they perhaps know of Ghost's previous music.

The album was only announced like a month ago or so, there hasn't been too many interviews from Ghost, I've seen a few adds, but they [read Def Jam] aren't pushing these kind of releases anymore....

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

i predicted 12000....man im good...if u dont believe me...check like page 9 in the apollo kids thread
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah there was no type of promo, the video will probably drop this week( same thing they did with sheek louch, drop the video after the first week of sales)...lol oh well ghost paying for all these samples and niggaz not buying the shit, watch Raekwon push his shit back now...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

What can anybody expect Def Jam has barely promoted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah there was no type of promo, the video will probably drop this week( same thing they did with sheek louch, drop the video after the first week of sales)...lol oh well ghost paying for all these samples and niggaz not buying the shit, watch Raekwon push his shit back now...
    I hope not...Raekwon's situations kind of different then Ghostface's though...he has the CL2 hype behind him still, and has made tons of guest appearances this year. His stock is higher than Ghost's right now, so he can probably be expected to sell more.

PRODIGAL SUN

I wouldn't have known about this album if I wasn't a member on here, so not surprised at the lack of sales.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

People will buy his album when he makes a Fishscale/CL2 quality shit. A lot of people downloaded CL2 and then bought it, cuz they knew it's dope enuff.
    bring back begongo!!

13000 is not that bad tho

^ for an indie artist 13,000 first week sales is damn good...which is what Ghost needs to do already
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BGS View Post
    13000 is not that bad tho
    My nigga, Pretty Toney debut at number 6, Fishscale at number 4 (I might have the 4 & 6 mixed up), more fish did triple of apollo kids first week, big doe rehab did like 45k(someone help me out)....apollo kids does 13,000....thats shitty. WOP sold more the first week
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

13K is weak. This is really sad. On top of worthless promo, some Def Jam fuckhead leaked the album a week before it dropped. This album should've had singles spinning on radios for months before the drop and no promo albums, just singles. They would've had better sales if the assistants and cocknozzles at Def Jam were on lockdown with this like they were with Redman's album.