Thread: New PS3 User

Default New PS3 User

well i went to the darkside.... again.

the first ps3 i bought was a couple years ago but it has been in LA while i been at school. i never really gave it a chance. so i copped it again today because i see that there are a lot better exclusives coming out for ps3 than 360. all i play is nba 2k because there is nothin out on xbox but i want some solid single player games, which xbox doesn't really have. anyways I had a few questions if someone could help me out

1.what do u get with playstation plus?

2.Is there a way to listen to your ipod touch on the ps3?

3.what are the top online ps3 exclusive games? i already have black ops for xbox

4.how do the ps one classics look on a big hd tv? do they look like shit?

5.is it possible to play the psp games on the ps3?

6.what other mainly exclusive games should i get. i got littlebigplanet, god of war collection, and killzone 2. i was thinkin about resistance 2 and ratchet and clank if it aint too much of a kids game

7.oh yea and if there are any cool features or anything i should know about, let me know. and also ur psn id's

thanks

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

In response to your fourth question; Yes; they look horrid; stick to a regular sized television for those; they look mad pixelated on a big screen television.

Beta access, free 1hr game trials, 1 free PSN, PS1 and mini game a month, free avatars & themes and discounts. You might also get access to PS rewards cos you're in US

http://us.playstation.com/psr/

I think you just use the USB ports but don't quote me on it

3.what are the top online ps3 exclusive games? i already have black ops for xbox
    I only play MAG (256 online FPS) so thats the only one I know

If you change the settings, they look pretty normal

If you have a PSP you can play them on your tv via the PS3, otherwise, no

6.what other mainly exclusive games should i get. i got littlebigplanet, god of war collection, and killzone 2. i was thinkin about resistance 2 and ratchet and clank if it aint too much of a kids game

God of War 3 seems like an obvious choice if you like the collection. Resistance 2 is a good game and R&C is a bit kiddy (not as bad as LBP though) but it's a really solid platformer. I could probably find some more but it just depends what you like

7.oh yea and if there are any cool features or anything i should know about, let me know. and also ur psn id's

Can't help ya with features because I'm in a different region but my PSN is the same as it is on here

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    Beta access, free 1hr game trials, 1 free PSN, PS1 and mini game a month, free avatars & themes and discounts. You might also get access to PS rewards cos you're in US

http://us.playstation.com/psr/

I only play MAG (256 online FPS) so thats the only one I know

If you change the settings, they look pretty normal

God of War 3 seems like an obvious choice if you like the collection. Resistance 2 is a good game and R&C is a bit kiddy (not as bad as LBP though) but it's a really solid platformer. I could probably find some more but it just depends what you like

Can't help ya with features because I'm in a different region but my PSN is the same as it is on here
    hey thanks. i really like that littlebigplanet, didn't think i would. and how is that MAG? i saw it donly got ok reviews so i wasn't sure about pickin it up

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    hey thanks. i really like that littlebigplanet, didn't think i would. and how is that MAG? i saw it donly got ok reviews so i wasn't sure about pickin it up
    It's a great game as long as you don't go into it expecting to play another CoD game. This game is much more team based than CoD and you will get more XP for playing as a team rather than thinking you're rambo

You have platoon and squad leaders that can set objectives like repairing/blowing up bases bases, repairing/blowing up gates, steal/protect a vehicle (that's just one game type) and you will get extra XP for completing those objectives

I'm not a great fan of FPS games but I loved this game during the beta and before all the CoD players ruined it, brought it again yesterday so I'm trying to get back into it

yo so im kinda confused about accounts on ps3. is the playstation store account different from your username? on xbox everything including account info and all that is through your gamertag but your psn name seems to be separate than your store account. and is there a way to recover an old psn too? i wanna bring the one from my old ps3 to the new one

I'm not sure what you mean by the store name but as far as I'm aware, it's all the same. You can use your old name by just using your old sign in details when you create a new user

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    yo so im kinda confused about accounts on ps3. is the playstation store account different from your username? on xbox everything including account info and all that is through your gamertag but your psn name seems to be separate than your store account. and is there a way to recover an old psn too? i wanna bring the one from my old ps3 to the new one
    It's all connected to 1 account. In other words, your username is for the store, aswell as online and offline gaming.

I guess all you need to do to recover your psn account is logging in. You'll probably find more info on playstation.com though.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post

#2 - Can you listen to your music while playing a game like on 360?

#5 - How can I do that?
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    #2 - Can you listen to your music while playing a game like on 360?

#5 - How can I do that?
    You can but I think its down to the devs discretion so it doesn't work on all games but if I remember correctly MS have patented the idea so I dont think the newer games do it as well as the 360 does

You have to have an av composite or a component cable (only supported on the newer models) or using the remote play function

is there a way to recover an old psn name from another ps3? i wouldn't care because i don't have any trophies on it but i can't change the psn name I have now and i like the old name better

I'm pretty sure you just create a new user and use your old log in details