Thread: LOL@Kenny Smith Saying Kevin Durant Is Gonna Be The Best Player Soon

-

Default LOL@Kenny Smith Saying Kevin Durant Is Gonna Be The Best Player Soon

I can't believe former NBA player Kenny Smith would make a comment like that as much basketball as he's supposed to know. He made this comment last season. I disagree with that because Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Kevin Durant is one dimensional and what i mean by that is he's only a scorer. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds. He doesn't get a lot of assists. He's not a good defender. He takes too many jumpshots and doesn't drive to the basket often. As tall as he is, he should be taking it to the basket more instead of settling for jumpshots and he should be averaging more rebounds than he does. Big deal that he leads the league in scoring so far and he led the league in scoring last season. Oklahoma has surprised me because i didn't think they would be good this soon. Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Harden, Serge Ibaka, Sefolosha are pretty good players. Do ya'll agree with what Kenny said?

Yes because he will. KD35 is the future nigga. He don't need to get rebounds or assists

PRODIGAL SUN

he's top 9 in the league right now so stfu lmfao.. no rebounds that's why he averages 6.3 per game right? he's still young and it's only been his 4th year in the league he has so much potential to improve his game in so many different areas.

I agree with Kenny Smith...Since he joined the Thunder/Sonics he made the franchise relevant again. He's a nightmare match up for opposing teams. I won't say that he's better than Lebron but not many can say that they're better than KD. He's a beast that's only getting better.

Durant already is the best player

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I can't believe former NBA player Kenny Smith would make a comment like that as much basketball as he's supposed to know. He made this comment last season. I disagree with that because Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Kevin Durant is one dimensional and what i mean by that is he's only a scorer. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds. He doesn't get a lot of assists. He's not a good defender. He takes too many jumpshots and doesn't drive to the basket often. As tall as he is, he should be taking it to the basket more instead of settling for jumpshots and he should be averaging more rebounds than he does. Big deal that he leads the league in scoring so far and he led the league in scoring last season. Oklahoma has surprised me because i didn't think they would be good this soon. Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Harden, Serge Ibaka, Sefolosha are pretty good players. Do ya'll agree with what Kenny said?
    Durant is #1 in fantasy leagues right now. What you said is almost complete bullshit.

i'm tryna go catch a home game sometime.

i moved to the 4state area of SW missouri from the east coast 4 years ago, and i never root for any of the local/regional teams, except OKC.

durant is a beast, and the thunder are young. they're gonna be contending for a title in a couple years.

Tell me when he starts playin' D.... I'll put him maybe in Top 5 then. MAYBE.

-

I don't care what ya'll say. Kevin isn't better than Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne Wade. Big deal he can score a lot of points. He doesn't do anything else. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds and he's not a good defender.

Kevin isn't better than Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne Wade.
    Nobody said he was. he gettin up there tho, hes pretty much an elite player already

Big deal he can score a lot of points.
    yea it is a big deal. this the NBA. He's the scorer of the team, and hes a small forward. U want him to get assists? not his role

He doesn't do anything else. He doesn't get a lot of rebounds and he's not a good defender.
    He gets enough rebounds for his position. You expect 10-12 rebounds from a small foward?

Yeah, the dude is young, yet a lot of media and former players are talking about how great he is, and how great he will be. That's enough to show that he's relevant. The fact that we all know who he is (and who OKC is for that matter) is proof that he's got skills. He's slowly rising to the top, and he's younger than most; when the current elite players start their career decline, Durant is gonna be in his prime and the best player in the NBA.

We'll see I mean you gotta atleast have ONE RING.. to jump in to such an elite class..unless you're LeBron James..or a player like Durant, Griffin, guys who are good for a while but either fade away or become one dimensional players for their entire career. It's way too early to tell right now but for now yes he is definitely in the... top 5.
    Last edited by Dirty Knowledge; 01-23-2011 at 05:10 PM.

-

I shouldn't have posted this laughing at Kevin because he's very good. I just can't see him winning any championships with Oklahoma because him and Russell dominate the ball too much. If him and Russell wanna get some championships, they're gonna have to start passing the ball more and trusting their teammates. I think Kevin might be gone from Oklahoma soon because I don't think him and Russell can last too much longer together because they're gonna get tired of not getting championships.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.