Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remixes You Like Better Than The Original

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

U FAGGiTS CANT FUCK WIT PETE ROCK WIT THE REMIXES !!BUT HERES SOME DOPE JOINTS

ILL 9TH JOINT

HERES ONE THAT MAKES 50 SOUND GOOD

Banned

HAVOC = GOAT SNARE DRUM

Speaking of Remixes.
    Can anybody help me with:
    "The Light"

Released: 2000
    B-side: "Right Here (Remix)" (featuring Xzibit), "Livin' It Up"

Yah pretty much anything pete rock diamond d or hell even jay dee ever remixed.

this is a good version too:

and of course this:

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Cormega-The Saga Remix

Veteran Member

DoomStarks 'Victory Laps' Madvillain Remix

Peace CT

Here is 3 that pop into my mind. Onyx remix of Shut 'Em Down with Pun n Nore. Nas remix of Made You Look with Jada n Luda. And Ras Kass/Diamond D remix of Soul On Ice. peace

wuswordz95

i can t hold a 40 by twisted mentality. THAT SHIT WAS DOPE.

Pete Rock is the undisputed king of the remix, at least in the early to mid '90s. also the DITC crew, especially Buckwild was amazing when it came down to that + of course Premier.

a track i've been thinking about lately where I prefer the remix is Big Punisher's "The Dream Shatterer". Buckwild did the original but Domingo remixed it for the album and i prefer that version so even if it's the LP version it is a remix AND my favorite!

i love both versions of "Once Upon A Time" by Slum Village ft. Pete Rock but I think the remix is even sharper. both were produced by Pete Rock and co-produced by Dilla:

the Buckwild remix of Brand Nubian's "Word is Bond" is better than the OG to me altho that's a dope jam too:

another Brand Nubian classic is "Punps Jump Up To Get BeatDown", there's actually three versions of it and Diamond D produced all of them. all three are classics, there's the album version, there is the remix with the different beat and a Diamond verse on then there's the remix that only was on the video. it has the same vocals but the beat has many differences to it - that's probably my favorite.

last but not least i want to throw in the Hitmen Remix of KRS-One's "Step Into A World". sure Puffy's verses are annoying but the Teacher sounds enourmous over that beat, and i love how they flipped that classic bassline used on Showbiz & AG's "Soul Clap". the original Jesse West version is good and often hailed as a classic but tbh it never did much for me, the remix is far superior imo:

there's just a lot of great remixes that surpasses the original, i got more that i can think off but i don't wanna jam up the thread. i'll come back later instead. good thread btw

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!