Thread: Has there ever been...

Veteran Member

Default Has there ever been...

an era where all of the generals were dropping shit albums? It seems to me that even during the most shitty periods - just after 2000 - there was always someone from the clan dropping dope music. Usually ghost or gza, but now rae and masta killa. I also think the wacker album-makers will start to improve their quality. I'm expecting some better music from u-god and deck in the future. And I do think that Meth has a classic left in him if the label and his wackness demons leave him alone to get it done.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Veteran Member

Masta Kill? Hes put out 2 albums within a 2 year period....Method Man been killin him with solos & collabos (Tical 0, 421, Blackout 2 & Massacre)

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

2003-2008 were shitty years, it wasnt all the generals at once, more like a 1 good album then 2 shitty albums pattern
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.