Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree that Wu can't freestyle.

Default Can we all agree that Wu can't freestyle.

Seriously no hate........just facts.

Nearly every freestyle I have heard from wu is either the same or a recycled written.

I know its hard to freestyle and most rappers use writtens or at least have some ready in the mental in cased they get asked to spit a hot 16 during a radio interview.

But really I have to say the wu can't freestyle !!!!!!!!!!!

peace

FRESH FISH

lol that is true most of the time, but then again i've heard mad jewels, from meth in particular, that was freestyle. i definitely see where u comin from though in most videos that are out there and whatnot there is usually alotta recycled rhymes...

ghost n meth can free for sure

INS is dope in that... wakeup show with prod sun and holocaust and shyheim... that was a dope session

and rza... he often uses some already writen lines but when he starts, you cant get him rid of the mic! there is a french radiosession on internet... with bareta9 and some others...

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

^yea but holocaut recylced mad rhymes in that shit and it was disappointing

i noticed they do that shit alot too. particularly when i use to catch them on rap city - the shit was disappointing

but we cant just assume they cant freestyle cause RZA will splash your head with something like this

[/dead]
    We do it for the people.

PRODIGAL SUN

Was it on the wakeup show when they asked Deck and RZA to freestyle, RZA was like nah I can't over that beat then Deck came in and killed it?

^no that was just his dashing verse

bottom line is just about everything you hear is premeditated. almost every radio freestyle, etc. when somebody says kick a freestyle, you kick the dopest rhymes you have that you havent put out yet.

barely any established artist rhymes off the dome. if you have something dope written, why try to come up with something on the spot that won't sound as good? matter fact, you can tell if it's off the dome right away because it pretty much sucks

Big L wasn't off the dome, Canibus wasn't off the dome, nobody from the Wu was. stay in your lane, eyedea was 100% off the dome because that was his stilo

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates92 View Post
    Was it on the wakeup show when they asked Deck and RZA to freestyle, RZA was like nah I can't over that beat then Deck came in and killed it?

and none of it was freestyle

i always thought rza was the best freestyler of the bunch
    not saying much...cuz they're all terrible at it, but whatever
    rza's about the only one that ever tries to attempt it even
    raekwon is embarrassingly bad at freestyling too btw

So what if it is not "off the dome", it's still a freestyle.

Rappers write their verses all the time, that's what they do, and it's naturally that they will go from something they have already written.

You don't understand the writing process and creating process of an mc if you think that freestyle is not credible just because it is not made on the spot.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I thought this was a known fact.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

This is def not anything new. Some fans don't understand you don't get extra points for kicking a freestyle - the people listening only care how ill it sounds and in the majority of cases they are too ignorant to really know what a freestyle vs. written is anyway. If you look at battling (pre Grindtime faggotry) usually cats were mixing pre written lines and shit they freestyled on the spot.

Shogah has a good point too about how spitting a verse or combining parts of verses on any old beat is a form of freestyling but it's not really...that's just spitting bars imo

so when freestyling is also about pre-written lyrics the clan should be one of the bests because they have mad lyrics...

the rza 9 min freestyle is great...
    he starts warming up in the 2nd verse...

yeah wu aint the best at off the dome freestyles but ODB did alot of off the dome shit ..RZA, ghost and meth give it a good shot sometimes... when wu first came out i thought wu should be the 1st to have raw off the top styles since there style was based on a lyrical martial art, like wouldnt that be the art of battle? In theory wu should of been the masters of battlers but it dont work that way .