Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Flow sucks I admit, I need help!!

Default My Flow sucks I admit, I need help!!

Yo i'm good at writing lyrics, but when it comes to saying them im meh.

I feel to get any further with my rap career i need to step up my voice and flow hardcore.

What i wanted to know is do any of u guys naturally have bad voices for rapping, like not gangster or raspy at all,
    But have molded how you sound after years of practice to the point where you sound dope?

I need advice on how to rapidly speed up my progress with my flow. Should i imitate a bunch of rappers, and how they pronounce words and their accent and shit?
    Or should i just record as much as possible trying out new things, and maybe after 200 tracks my voice and flow will sound good and I develop my own niche?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

This is what I sound like now

Www.locust-online.com

funkmaster general pRoTeChTyAnEcK's Avatar

Just keep working on trying to develop what you have 1st. Write consistently and record as much as possible, so u can start improving on sound/technique. It won't be a speedy process, I'll tell u that much. I've been emceeing since 1998 and still drive to advance my lyricism. Also, recommend any type of music education @ a community college to get familiar with aspects of engineering. I went to 3 different schools and took all the digital music classes available.

In my opinion,be yourself,lose the accent,keep shit real..and if the hunger and passion is there,you'll take it to level you want to,but it wont happen overnight, just keep practising and practising..don't give up.

for myself, i just said fuck it and dropped any hesitations i may of had, consciously or subconsciously and went all in for the gusto. you just gotta step to the mic and let go, then visualize you attackin the mic.

for me, it was a lot just the mindstate, but ya it takes some time and you can always be better

i listened your songz man, i think your flow is okay, so not so bad

i actually think your flow is good/decent atleast off the first track, but as J-Cee said you should lose the american accent

quit now n forever hold ur peace

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

keep recording.

that's all you can do.

you'll realize if you'll be any good or not sooner or later.

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.

lotsa good advice in here. i say just let it go. you cant have any reservations about anything. that shit shows... truth is, you may not sound like what you expect a rapper to sound like, but, there are crowds out there for every type...

truth^

my thing is with the game being so oversaturated with rappers. y u wanna rap for, just cuzz u like rap music dont mean u should be a rapper...

rap has been taken the punk rock route imo, every body trys n make their own.
    fuck outta here, they say hiphop is universal but god damn...

ne way
    just my opinion like i give a fuck whut chu think...

FOLLOW!!

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

At age 13 he joined a Wutang hip hop forum, where internet nerds write verses and battle each other. He developed a fascination to these "text-cees" and started writing verses at home himself. He continued doing this for 3 years until he developed a strong skill at the art of rhyme.

niggas aint readin between the lines...

...u serious bee? Did u type this shit bruh? If not who the fuck typed this for u so i can tell him to eat a dick. text cees?....fuck outta here. we come together here cuz niggas here recognize the raw form of hip hop. its for erryone but not for erryone to do. u look more like a euro r n b cat plus why work on an album if u aint even develop ur flow yet. aint nothin wrong with ur voice(lose the accent tho...bein fake is bad), its the writin that's dated and the song structure is played out.

ahahahahahaahhaha dats whut the fuck I'm sayin god

FOLLOW!!

I'm surprised nobody said this already, but why even make songs?? to me, there ain't no such thing as an MC who can't spit rhymes whenever. makin tracks ain't the way to get better at flow and delivery, u just gotta rhyme. and be able to do it in front of anybody without feelin embarrassed, if you can't do that you got no business makin songs.

not tryin to be a dick, but that's the big problem I hear with most amateur rap shit is the dude rappin sounds out of place like they ain't sure wanna rap cause their scared of gettin clowned and shit.

I don't really need to elaborate, I'll just say one thing; if you ain't confident and your ashamed to rhyme in front of certain ppl, you ain't a fuckin MC. you just like rap music and you're imitating, bottom line. I ain't sayin that's u OP, but just how I see it in general. Get comfortable with rhyming first before you log on and start tradin songs with ppl, you'll get better a lot quicker by gettin away from the keyboard and rhymin with some friends or whatever, even if your rhymes suck, you get better by doin it routinely until it's natural for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5hundred&one View Post
    I'm surprised nobody said this already, but why even make songs?? to me, there ain't no such thing as an MC who can't spit rhymes whenever. makin tracks ain't the way to get better at flow and delivery, u just gotta rhyme. and be able to do it in front of anybody without feelin embarrassed, if you can't do that you got no business makin songs.

not tryin to be a dick, but that's the big problem I hear with most amateur rap shit is the dude rappin sounds out of place like they ain't sure wanna rap cause their scared of gettin clowned and shit.

I don't really need to elaborate, I'll just say one thing; if you ain't confident and your ashamed to rhyme in front of certain ppl, you ain't a fuckin MC. you just like rap music and you're imitating, bottom line. I ain't sayin that's u OP, but just how I see it in general. Get comfortable with rhyming first before you log on and start tradin songs with ppl, you'll get better a lot quicker by gettin away from the keyboard and rhymin with some friends or whatever, even if your rhymes suck, you get better by doin it routinely until it's natural for you.
    Yea man cats have gotten it twisted when I've said it in the past but the bottom line is if you aren't doing shows and ciphering with people in real life regularly - you aren't really a hip hop artist. performing is part of it. and this is not just with your boys in your crib, it has to be really out in public when you gonna look bad if you are wack. That's the weed out process.

werd up @ 501

FOLLOW!!