Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thundercats Making a Comeback On TV (first official image)

I've been watching the original Thundercats series on dvd in the last couple of weeks and believe me, it's not as great as you believe it to be.
    lol this is true - i rewatched that shit some months ago but that external HD crashed

that trailer looked dope to me though - but them not showing mumm ra yet is pissin me off

trailer looks semi boss

the series is official. Like how they updated it. Jaga went out like a g, pops was done dirty like Simba's dad, Mumra evil as ever, loved how they teased his transformation. Premier left you wanting more because we didn't even see the real Panthro, really liked the idea of the Clerics and Chitara being one. A species defeating another using technology, hmm....sounds familiar. Really liking what I seen so far, much better than the new corny Voltron series. I can't remember though, did Lion-O's father ever appear in the original and were him and Tygra brothers in that one as well. Best part of the series.............no annoying talking Snarf, I didn't even see the Trojan Horse like incident coming, good stuff.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by True Father Allah View Post
    the series is official. Like how they updated it. Jaga went out like a g, pops was done dirty like Simba's dad, Mumra evil as ever, loved how they teased his transformation. Premier left you wanting more because we didn't even see the real Panthro, really liked the idea of the Clerics and Chitara being one. A species defeating another using technology, hmm....sounds familiar. Really liking what I seen so far, much better than the new corny Voltron series. I can't remember though, did Lion-O's father ever appear in the original and were him and Tygra brothers in that one as well. Best part of the series.............no annoying talking Snarf, I didn't even see the Trojan Horse like incident coming, good stuff.
    lion-o's father appeared in a few episodes mainly in flash backs and in the first episode other than those instances no he didn't for the most part only recurring charecter that appeared on and off was jaga in visions. i still remember this series like when it first aired back in the day

yo this is dope. i hope it happens.

i used to watch this every mornin before kindergarten and first grade.

one morning i woke up late and only caught the end credits. i was so pissed i didnt go to school that day lol

well well well,lookie what we have here

i caught a line from mumm ra on the trailer, pleasantly surprised they got a very good voice actor for him, not as good as the original but i cant complain. the rest of the show looks ILL though

has this aired yet?

^^ it came on friday night i think

Quote Originally Posted by True Father Allah View Post
    caught it yesterday on demand ...its way better than i thought it be..especially with what Voltron came out with smh... i kinda leaned towards the trojan horse thing cuz dude said panthro was dead so i figured he was lying already..but ya jaga was cool but cheetara lol my fav already..

For people saying that the voltron reboot is awful, keep in mind that the 80's version was fucking horrible as well.

american censors wouldn't let any of the good stuff from the original Japanese series slide, that show was absolutely butchrs for american audiences.

I honestly can't stand most Anime, but Beast King Golion (The uncut Japanese series) is sick, while the American Voltron is ass-flavored dookie flakes.

It doesn't stand the test of time at all, it's a downright snorefest comparatively.

Back on topic: The Thundercats premeire was awesome IMO.

It seems like the writers set up the premeire so that the story builds into an incredible in-depth climax, which will most likely yeild plot twists, deception, defection and other well written plot devices as the series progresses.

Definitely looking forward to what they do with this reboot, it's poised to be phenominal.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

2NDepisode tonight..jeeyah