52. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Big Doe Rehab"

18 34.62%
  • "Apollo Kids"

34 65.38%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Big Doe Rehab" vs. "Apollo Kids"

Default "Big Doe Rehab" vs. "Apollo Kids"

i can't recall a thread like this has been made yet so i think it would be interesting which recent Ghost album you prefer. to me they are pretty similiar in style, it's just Ghost doing his thing over solid beats, hardcore and soulful with a reasonable amount of guest features. i'm still waiting for my copy of "Apollo Kids" to drop in the mail but i've listened to it many times and i like it alot altho i don't think it's mindblowing. "Big Doe Rehab" is a really good album too, and with both albums i don't feel the need to skip anything and both lack sell-out moments. i think "B.D.R." gets my vote, but it's close. what you think?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i like both albums. tough call.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah Ghost's rhyming on A.P. is the same as it is on B.D.R. IMO. I hope he comes with something new with the next lp. As for the topic, I agree with you. B.D.R. sounds more like an album anyway, with the skits n all. Honestly it's a toss up LOL. BDR has "Slow Down" which is crazy and A.P. has "2gther baby", BDR has "Paisely Dartz" AP has "TroubleMakers" LOL
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

I'd say Big Doe takes it. I love Apollo Kids but BDR was fuckin sick imo when it dropped. I still to this day don't understand the hate BDR gets.

good poll, I just happen to like Apollo Kids better

bdr "Yolanda's House" one of the more slept on ghost/rae/meth colabs

Yolanda's House was the only thing not slept on from BDR.

Wu Vatican

i'd put Apollo Kids a notch above BDR for sure. AP is a bit more in the vein of Fishscale and More Fish where the beats where a little more experimental and varied. the more contemporary beats on BDR just don't suit Ghost as well IMO.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah Ghost's rhyming on A.P. is the same as it is on B.D.R. IMO. I hope he comes with something new with the next lp. As for the topic, I agree with you. B.D.R. sounds more like an album anyway, with the skits n all. Honestly it's a toss up LOL. BDR has "Slow Down" which is crazy and A.P. has "2gther baby", BDR has "Paisely Dartz" AP has "TroubleMakers" LOL
    Apollo Kids has too many features for me and not enough of an album, feel for me. BDR is a better album over all

PRODIGAL SUN

i skip more tracks on BDR and skip less tracks on AK, so my vote is Apollo Kids

BDR was boring.

Apollo Kids...better production

damn tough choice.

imma have to go with Apollo Kids, shit that album prolly hasnt left my cd player since it dropped. so many bangas on there, and old or not How You Like Me Baby is still one of Ghosts best tracks as of late.

Default wow

wow I really know why hip hop isn't that great anymore because people these days styles have really gone down the shitter. Just the tracks Rec Room Therapy & Paisley Darts shit on the entire Apollo Kids album!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING CRAZY to actually think that Apollo Kids is really better than the Big Doe Rehab. WHat are you chumps smoking, or has all this other garbage hip hip really polluted your ears. There is no contest, IMO The Big Doe Rehab is probably wayyyyy better than the Pretty Toney album. and go ahead everybody go ahead and come up with your wanna be witty replys and try to make me feel dumb or some shit, wont work because I know REAL hip hop hop.

I'm back in the game, Smackin ya brain, Clappin dem things, Accurate aim, Snatching ya chain, Get back on the train, Traficking things, Package ya caine, Crack is the name, Sean is a rapper, But rappin is lame

Big Doe ya hoes
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!