Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Situation in Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    The protests are working. Mubarek is getting squeezed out, they now have freedom of the press, and they have dumped their infamous "emergency laws", which allow arrests without a charge, prisoners to be detained indefinitely and without reason, limit freedom of expression and allow special security courts. Ironically, it's the same thing Obama signed into law for us last year, there just hasn't been much talk of its' use.

That's some progress, you can't always use the same medication on different variants of a problem. Tunisia started from the top down, but with Egypt looks like they're starting from the bottom up.

Which is a solid plan, start with a strong foundation then sought out the mess above.

But its all the same thing. It involves a lot to get some things working but its a start. Both countries have massive issue to tackle. People can't solve all problems. But with Politics involved it jut makes it all the more trickier....

'

U.S. Has Secret Tools to Force Internet on Dictators

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011...ols-force-net/

'

Talks have achieved little and there is no sign of Mr Mubarak resigning now.
    As normal life resumes around them, the protesters risk sliding into irrelevance, a BBC correspondent says.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12388844

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Are hopes up too high for Egypt? They are not the west. They live in a region where puppet govs are installed then removed or toppled for another one or a dictator. Also keep in mind that they are very close to their 'culture'. Will they really embrace democratic values IN PRACTICE? Will things get better or stay the same? Let's see!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd3y3 View Post
    Are hopes up too high for Egypt? They are not the west. They live in a region where puppet govs are installed then removed or toppled for another one or a dictator. Also keep in mind that they are very close to their 'culture'. Will they really embrace democratic values IN PRACTICE? Will things get better or stay the same? Let's see!
    Well i don't know. I suppose they are trying to move away from a particular type of dictatorship to something that appears better.
    Looks like the current president tailored certain laws to suit his time in office, which seems to be the same thing across the board here in African democracies (not that its all of them).

Some say "better the devil you know than the Angel you don't know"...

Culture has a way of molding how the next ruler will be traits, customs. Historically that paves the way the incumbent leader will tend towards those aspects. From a wide pespective, everyone was involved (the public as in beyond culture, tribe or religion) but seeking their interest deeper as time progresses they begin to show their personal desires after the clouded issue has dispersed.

They just wanted change...Its up to them to accept what they'll get

seems like Mubarak stepped down and the military has taken over or will be.

not sure if the military taking over is a good thing or not, the people seem to be happy but could it lead to another dictatorship, just a military led one?

It won't. They are gonna get free and open Democratic elections. The West secretly hates this. Power to the people!

Well not sure if the west is truly hating everything about it, cause it seems some of the military guys in the west preferred he leave and work with the current Supreme Council or fresh set of minds on the table (funny how that title sounds after a chaotic few weeks - someone wants to be in control, "Supreme Council" why not "gov transitional council/committee").

This seems to have just paved way for the other guy, who wanted power but couldn't. The rich and including the Military officials. Well at least now they get a chance to get some grabs on specific areas they can control before the swiping changes are supposed to happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    i have a feeling no one will give a shit about the situation after two more weeks, just like what happened in Iran.

ha

Quote Originally Posted by John Prewett View Post
    I'm convinced by scripture you ignore that God is wonderfully good and that in Jesus I [and millions of others] have hope for a wonderful eternal future.

I'd be lieing if I said I care much about the fate of people who [for whatever pretext] choose to condemn God,... that is the downside of free will. But I do care enough to sincerely adivise all to refrain from condemning God. There isn't any good future in the "God is bad" POV.
    i thought jesus was only taking 144,000 people with him?

I guess the revolution was televised, power to the people indeed

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

so they cover up what's going on in Tunisia with this right?

^not sure if its covered up but it certainly took precendent. i was watching the news and they called it the Egypt Effect(revolts have been spreading) but in reality Tunisia was more recent then this. i figure its because the Western nations have a larger stake in what happens in Egypt then Tunisia.

but its how the media works and you can work around it. thats the problem, people are now more concerned with how the media portrays an event then the event itself. there are numerous outlets and all give a different account, just form your own opinion based on numerous resources

That victory is Egypt is going to be short-lived. It's all part of The Plan.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

i hear that the revolution is spreading

Its spreading but now its becoming more and more dangerous. Bahrein, Libya, Jordan, Yemen and Iran all seem to be next.

but this is becoming more than just a simple revolution against the ppl in power. the situation in Bahrein is an uprising of the Shiite majority against the Sunni Monarchy. This in a way is a battleground between Saudi Arabia and Iran. This type of cold war antics is spreading.

i hope to see an end to all monarchy's in the middle east. they are nothing but hypocritical bastards who use Islam as a way to keep the people quiet while they live a life of unprecedented luxury. look at the wives of all Muslim Monarchs, while they enforce the burka and other stupid laws on women their wives dress no different than any westerner and are free to do whatever they want.

Its a sad situation, whats even sadder is that no Muslim man of power has ever said anything against the hypocrisy within the Muslim world.