Thread: Situation in Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    did you read the Quaran ? - the whole book

did you read the bible ? - the whole book
    Have read whole bible.

Have not read whole Quaran.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm

FRESH FISH

i'm skeptical of the whole revolution in Egypt since the Army got involved and said they support the people. soldiers don't act without orders that means someone in the army is trying to take advantage of the situation.

hope im wrong, and if im right i hope it works out for the better for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Cypher View Post
    oh John

its amazing hoy much the Muslim teachings reflect your Christian

i do like it when you fight each other though

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

nyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)
    Let me tell you what the Christians in my family would probly say to this.

That when Jesus died for our sins, the old law in the old testament became null and void.

So God was cool with slaves and commtting genocide against non believers back then but changed his mind. So anything that conflicts with modern values and culture in the Old Testament dosent have to be upheld. And anything in the New Testament well we'll just ignore that.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

^^ that would be the case yes but dude Timothy is new testament and

so do these

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2, 3

look them up all wait

not really though i'm going to watch more Azumanga
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

Well I know Timothy is New Testament thats why I put the part about if the New Testament conflicts we'll just ignore it.

I agree with you 100 percent, my former post was just meant as a tongue in cheek devils advocate explaination of the beliefs held by many, that I consider idiocy. I think that Christians are way off base.

But Ive strayed far enough off the course of this threads subject.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    this is already a domino falling from the Tunisia situation
    now Yemen! Ish spreading like wild fire. People getting mad at Obama saying he don't know what he want to do. What CAN he do but sit and watch? The people over there handling it, U.S. better lay back. Mubarak's people trying to cause confusion starting ish and running over people with tanks horses and camels under the guise of protesters of the government. Meanwhile, why Anderson Cooper letting heads pimp slap him left and right, lol. Oh yeah when over 40% of the population is making under $2 a day you have an understanding of what's going on out there and why

seriously john what more can he do to me i'm mean look at me i'm locked up down here just for tying to fight for my people and there loved ones in the end though i got the last laugh
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Prewett View Post
    Have read whole bible.

All MOslems claim to believe the KORAN
    and
    the KORAN commands war against nonMOslems
    and
    all MOslems deem MO to be the perfect example to be emulated,
    and
    MO was an enslaver, slave owner, slaver trader, slave raper, tortureer, killer and child fucker.

i'm going to assume that you consider yourself Christian -

and that you feel the prophet that many people feel is limited to the religion of Islam is a vile and violent person who leads a vile and violent movement

a prophet

let's look at the God of the bible - not a prophet, but the creator of all prophets and everything in existence and what HE commanded his Chosen people to do to others

then, i would like for you to find me some verses from the Quaran that are equally or even more violent than these

and please don't come at me with that "well....that's the old testament " bullshit either

1. 2 Kings 8:12
      "Why is my lord weeping?" asked Hazael. "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites," he answered. "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women."
      2 Kings 8:11-13 (in Context) 2 Kings 8 (Whole Chapter)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prof zooruka
    ...he was full of violence

1. Deuteronomy 20:14
      As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.
      Deuteronomy 20:13-15 (in Context) Deuteronomy 20 (Whole Chapter)

1. Judges 21:10
      So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children.
      Judges 21-11 (in Context) Judges 21 (Whole Chapter)

1. 1 Samuel 15:3
      Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "
      1 Samuel 15:2-4 (in Context) 1 Samuel 15 (Whole Chapter)

1. 1 Samuel 22:19
      He also put to the sword Nob, the town of the priests, with its men and women, its children and infants, and its cattle, donkeys and sheep.
      1 Samuel 22:18-20 (in Context) 1 Samuel 22 (Whole Chapter)

1. Deuteronomy 2:34
      At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them—men, women and children. We left no survivors.
      Deuteronomy 2:33-35 (in Context) Deuteronomy 2 (Whole Chapter)

1. Deuteronomy 3:6
      We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children.
      Deuteronomy 3:5-7 (in Context) Deuteronomy 3 (Whole Chapter)

there is much more !

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

don't worry sunny i killed him with the new testament if i have to ill just unload 200 salvos

Prince Rai

Have read whole bible.

funny how your "sceptic" link also has a section on the Bible.

Seems like the American's are playin a safe game. Not condemning the current president, but also not fully supporting him.
    And Isreal is very, very sceptical about this cause the population of Isreal is what?

Most of those guys are unemployed, everyday they spend thr tym on the street wit stones and items. The opposition can't make up their minds and become a collective union.

Tunisia is way ahead of all this n i hear there' some progress wit their current gov...

We survived in Zimbabwe and "Dread" is still the president, we used Quintillion and wit busfare in Trillions (just one note).

So owns up north need to make a plan and solve at least one of their problems

Peace to Hellspawn in Tunisia (this is Africa blood)....

Default so condemn God and go to hell

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    i'm going to assume that you consider yourself Christian -

and that you feel the prophet that many people feel is limited to the religion of Islam is a vile and violent person who leads a vile and violent movement

a prophet

let's look at the God of the bible - not a prophet, but the creator of all prophets and everything in existence and what HE commanded his Chosen people to do to others

then, i would like for you to find me some verses from the Quaran that are equally or even more violent than these

and please don't come at me with that "well....that's the old testament " bullshit either

1. 2 Kings 8:12
      "Why is my lord weeping?" asked Hazael. "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites," he answered. "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women."
      2 Kings 8:11-13 (in Context) 2 Kings 8 (Whole Chapter)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prof zooruka
    ...he was full of violence

1. Deuteronomy 20:14
      As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.
      Deuteronomy 20:13-15 (in Context) Deuteronomy 20 (Whole Chapter)

1. Judges 21:10
      So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children.
      Judges 21-11 (in Context) Judges 21 (Whole Chapter)

1. 1 Samuel 15:3
      Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "
      1 Samuel 15:2-4 (in Context) 1 Samuel 15 (Whole Chapter)

1. 1 Samuel 22:19
      He also put to the sword Nob, the town of the priests, with its men and women, its children and infants, and its cattle, donkeys and sheep.
      1 Samuel 22:18-20 (in Context) 1 Samuel 22 (Whole Chapter)

1. Deuteronomy 2:34
      At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them—men, women and children. We left no survivors.
      Deuteronomy 2:33-35 (in Context) Deuteronomy 2 (Whole Chapter)

1. Deuteronomy 3:6
      We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children.
      Deuteronomy 3:5-7 (in Context) Deuteronomy 3 (Whole Chapter)

there is much more !
    Your line of thought/POV [derived by cherry picking and ignoring other scripture] leads to the conclusion that the God of the bible,... creator of all life,... sender of Jesus Christ,...
    is either evil or incomprehensible.

Well,... so be it,... for the rest of your time on earth [which of course is a mere blink of the eye compared to eternity] you are free to condemn God. That evidently is your choice. I used to exert myself to debate the issue. I'm old and tired now, and no longer care to debate the issue. I'm convinced by scripture you ignore that God is wonderfully good and that in Jesus I [and millions of others] have hope for a wonderful eternal future.

I'd be lieing if I said I care much about the fate of people who [for whatever pretext] choose to condemn God,... that is the downside of free will. But I do care enough to sincerely adivise all to refrain from condemning God. There isn't any good future in the "God is bad" POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
    funny how your "sceptic" link also has a section on the Bible.
    It certainly does. So what ?