Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wu tang european tour 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by duotone View Post
    yes because of the martial arts movie "man with the iron fist"
    dont know if he knew it before...

deck: i think they all got the same terms of business... i dont think that mef gets more money out of that than deck...

rae: lazy... i dont know... he's working hard on rebuilding the w...

fact is, that its hard to keep 8 indipendent mcs all together... they all got their own business... you can blame on the tour management of the uk.
    they promoted the tour with all mcs...
    Thats true I dont know if its the tour promoters fault of the clans, its not beyond the possiblity that a few members dropped out. This is why we get fucked over, if you complain to the promoters they will say that its the band or whatever that cancelled last minute so you cant really tell whose to blame. The only people who lose in all this is the fans at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhobo View Post
    just is a lack of respect for the UK fans.
    This is an European tour. "Lack of respect for the UK fans". Lol.

Raekwon said way ahead of the tour that he wouldn't be there, because of the Shaolin vs Wu-Tang concerts he's doing, and other obligations. RZA doing the movie, no big surprise he wasn't there.

All the members were in Europe last summer as well, so there's been three big tours in one year. That's a lot of touring, and of course it won't fit everyones schedule.

If promoters list up all the members, it's their fault.
    Last edited by Jadda; 06-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadda View Post
    This is an European tour. "Lack of respect for the UK fans". Lol.

Raekwon said way ahead of the tour that he wouldn't be there, because of the Shaolin vs Wu-Tang concerts he's doing, and other obligations. RZA doing the movie, no big surprise he wasn't there.

All the members were in Europe last summer as well, so there's been three big tours in one year. That's a lot of touring, and of course it won't fit everyones schedule.

If promoters list up all the members, it's their fault.
    Ok but last year when it was Wu Tang reunited in full force, Meth was missing so how is that in full force esp when considering he is the best member live. I was unaware whose fault it was thats why i asked but surely it cant always be the promoters. I stand by the lack of respect statement. Ive seen Wu twice, each time they were late and barely performed for an hour, ive seen GZA solo, he turned up about 1 and 1/2 hours late and half assed the performance then fucked off. Ive been to a Rae solo gig and he stood around for a 3rd of it smoking a blunt. I get the impression that they feel us fans, in the UK at least will just accept anything. If you dont thats your opinion mainland europe seem to get better concerts anyway from what ive seen whereas in the UK london gets some decent shows and everywhere else dont.

Swollen Member

When I heard Meth would be there, I didn't give a fuck about RZA, Rae and Deck not being there.
    Seemed like Wu threw themselves into this show a lot harder than previous shows I've seen (including the Apollo a few years back when they were all there).
    Only real gripe is that they've dropped (Ghost's) "Run" from the set list.
    Easy the best Wu track for a live show.
    And I reckon they should replace "Gravel Pit" with "Wolves" too.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhobo View Post
    I stand by the lack of respect statement.
    Perhaps you're right. Because Meth was on that tour last year. All over Europe.
    Last edited by Jadda; 06-16-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadda View Post
    Perhaps you're right. Because Meth was on that tour last year. All over Europe.
    With Redman and he only did London in the UK, also thats another £30 to see someone that should have been at the Wu tang gigs last year (maybe the promoters fault or whatever)

Perhaps your misunderstanding me, I know they come over and perform but they can still lack respect whilst doing this, its not like they arnt getting paid to come over here. For me if an act turns up 1 or 2 hours late performs for less than an hour and then leaves thats not value for money at £30, just like if they dont put any effort into their performance. I dont think they would do it in america, if youve been to only good gigs from the whole clan or certain members lucky you, cause I know im not the only one to have been disappointed.

PRODIGAL SUN

How was GZA at the Manchester show? As I said, he was incresibly lazy in the London show on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates92 View Post
    How was GZA at the Manchester show? As I said, he was incresibly lazy in the London show on sunday.
    He was pretty good, not the most hype but he recited his verses well, mostly played the background like usual. I know what you mean about him being lazy sometimes its obvious with him when he cant be bothered.

It was maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
    Mef, Ghost, Uey, Gza & Masta were awesome but a plus for Mef & MK
    Ghost lost his voice , so he was more quiet as usual but he killed Triumph

They performed 1 hour & half
    With the 3 others it would have been definitely a classic show
    I'll try to post some vidz next week

The crowd went completely crazy when MK performed Old Man

Allah Math scratching with his feet > all the dj's shows I've seen...

Wu-Tang All Day Every Day !!!!!