Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Question I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Does anyone kno how i can get all of those sword swings, clashes, and fighting sfx like wu-tang uses in their songs? If ANYONE has a pack that i can dl, of has any idea how i can get em (other than sampling offa an old kung fu movie) PLEEZ tell me!

The whole sampling off of a movie thing takes too long, plus i dunno how to do it directly from a dvd or vhs. PM me or post if you have a dl link, or anything else.

I'll even trade you packs if you have the sfx!

Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

i have some kung fu flicks...but sorry....i don;t give them to others....i will use them for my own beats....if wanna hear them....check art of war....in the signature.
    that's what you are looking for?

Be original.

Yo you gotta find what u feel is relevant 2 ur self, n do that shit urself, cos the sampling is part of the production....peaCE

Quote Originally Posted by Loczero
    Does anyone kno how i can get all of those sword swings, clashes, and fighting sfx like wu-tang uses in their songs? If ANYONE has a pack that i can dl, of has any idea how i can get em (other than sampling offa an old kung fu movie) PLEEZ tell me!

The whole sampling off of a movie thing takes too long, plus i dunno how to do it directly from a dvd or vhs. PM me or post if you have a dl link, or anything else.

I'll even trade you packs if you have the sfx!
    I sampled a lot of those sounds from the animatrix dvd, great swordfight sounds on there, not like those lo-fi sounds on fung fu flicks..

anyway, look around everywhere sampling is half the tune u make imo.

So how do I sample? What programs should I use? How do I get started? I got beatmakin down-pat-lock, but that damn sampling is somethin else. Plz help me out wit some sampler info.

what do you use for your beats?

shaolin samples...

ht tp://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33CJPFOUZNAN73V785NR9QL8GF

just remove the space between the "http" and copy and paste it...

all in MP3 format...
    ']['he |Re][ntegration (Group
    ']['|R(G

Quote Originally Posted by Loczero
    So how do I sample? What programs should I use? How do I get started? I got beatmakin down-pat-lock, but that damn sampling is somethin else. Plz help me out wit some sampler info.
    Get a program like "Easy Sound Recorder" play ur dvd on ur pc and record "what u hear" then save the wav in a file n u can edit in in a wave edit program, last step is to load it up in a sequencer like FL studio, PEACE

you'll need a softsampler like wavelab (which is my favorite), cooledit or soundforge. to chop the recorded loop into small samples.

This is in no way a HUGE beat making question.

The fact that you would/should take the time out and learn how to setup and record media yourself is probably the basics of "beat making" apart from beat making process and more importantly (to me) the art of it.

Start learning to do things on your own and you'll feel better and more competent at the end of the day.

I'm not knocking you or your abilities but as a seasoned beat maker myself, I as well as many other beat makers on here and in this world learned on they own. Especially simple media recording techniques like this.

At the end of the day its all about learning so continue post questions I'm fine with answering.

For this one you can get a cheesy ass audio convertor cable. That red and white cables from your VHS or DVD can be split into a regular headphone jack which inturn can be hooked into your computer / hard sampler input.

peace. hip hop.
    Black Vote For Sale

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Casciple Wallholder
    This is in no way a HUGE beat making question.

The fact that you would/should take the time out and learn how to setup and record media yourself is probably the basics of "beat making" apart from beat making process and more importantly (to me) the art of it.

Start learning to do things on your own and you'll feel better and more competent at the end of the day.

I'm not knocking you or your abilities but as a seasoned beat maker myself, I as well as many other beat makers on here and in this world learned on they own. Especially simple media recording techniques like this.

At the end of the day its all about learning so continue post questions I'm fine with answering.

For this one you can get a cheesy ass audio convertor cable. That red and white cables from your VHS or DVD can be split into a regular headphone jack which inturn can be hooked into your computer / hard sampler input.

peace. hip hop.
    Do you know what this cable is actually called? I've been trying to get one but dont know what it is actually called.

P.E.A.C.E.
    Iron Fingaz "Revenge of the Iron Fingaz Part II" OUT NOW!!!!
    Iron Fingaz "Iron Fingaz of Death Part I" OUT NOW!!!!

Its called a patch chord i think. I have one somewhere around here. neways, If anyone has the link to a good movie sampler program like the ones mentioned above (Wavlab, SoundForge, Easy Sound Recorder) then please post it! Ive decided that ereryone was right in sayin that i should to it myself.

I cant exactly remember the name. It's some Y cable of some sort.

You cant lose by asking a local audio store or big electornic store.

Basically just find out what outputs your device (DVD or VHS player) takes then ask them if there is a cable to connect from it (DVD/VHS) to a regular headphone/or TRS(a bit bigger) port.
    Black Vote For Sale

Soundforge and a basic sound card will do the job..

However you might want to invest in a better soundcard for the actual beat making and mixing and shit. Otherwise just get a shiity one then get ur stuff mixed and mastered in a studio.

Peace.
    Black Vote For Sale