Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This thread is dedicated to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

-

Default This thread is dedicated to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

When Lebron was with Cleveland, i'm sure he tried to get some NBA stars to play with him. I heard he tried to get Chris Bosh to come to Cleveland. I don't know if that's true or not. Cleveland was only another star away from getting some championships if Lebron had stayed. Cavs had gotten close in the playoffs the last few years and i believe they would've won some championships if Lebron stayed. Lebron is impatient and he should've gotten on Cavs management to get him some help. I blame management for him leaving because they didn't make any moves to get him a star player to play with him. Cavs fans can be mad at Lebron all they want but they should be mad at management for not getting him a star player so he could have some help. I don't understand why star NBA players don't wanna come to Cleveland. If you got a lot of money, nice cars, nice house, what else could you want? I know the winter in Cleveland sucks but there's other cities that have nice weather that basketball players can visit when the season is over. I'm not saying NBA players have to stay in Cleveland forever but if you're trying to win a championship, that's all that should matter. Fuck the other shit like going to the club and a city having a lot of snow.
    Last edited by check two; 02-10-2011 at 02:29 AM.

-

I remember when Carlos Boozer played for Cleveland and he left to go to Utah and former Cavs GM Jim Paxson got mad at him because he said he was gonna sign a contract extension. I don't know why Carlos left because i know Jim would've paid him what he wanted and it would've been nice to see him and Lebron still playing together and possibly winning championships. I'm so sick of athletes being money hungry. How much money can athletes want when they're already getting paid a lot? How many cars can you buy? How many houses can you buy? How many clothes and shoes can you have? How much jewelry can you buy? It seems to me that materialism and wealth is what consumes athletes and that's why they're always demanding a lot of money. Athletes say they wanna win championships but i don't believe them because if you wanna win championships, you shouldn't be demanding a lot of money when you're already getting paid a lot of money.

That was messed up what Joakim Noah of the Bulls said in last year's playoffs against Cleveland when he said i've never heard anybody say i'm going to Cleveland for a vacation. I'm from Cleveland and i gotta defend my city and say that there's things to do in Cleveland. So fuck what Joakim said. Cleveland has some nice restaurants and clubs. I really like being in Cleveland during the summer. It's some cute hot black and white women in Cleveland. I just hate the winter there.

Banned

Boozer wanted to be more part of the offense, and got more money from Utah than Cleveland was going to pay him.

Alot of free agents didnt come to Cleveland because Lebron wasn't committed to Cleveland and they didnt want to be stuck on a siinking ship.....like Byron Scott did as a coach.

Had LeBron committed and signed a long contract, they would have attracted free agents.

Larry Hughes turned out to be a huge bust and Ray Allen chose money to stay in Seattle at the time before being traded to Boston.

Michael Redd also chose money to stay in Milwaukee.

Had either f those two signed with the Cavs, they may have wona championship, u never know.

Same situation is happening in Denver. NO Free agent is going to go there not knowing if Anthony is going to stay.

The whole NBA labor situation is a result of teams not being able to keep stars. A franchise tag will probably be introduced. Like in the NFL

Nicky, can you explain me the concept of franchise tag, please ??

Banned

noah was just talking shit...thats what he does. he embraces that role.

Usually teams aren't even built through free agency. The Celtics did it through the draft and trades.

Orlando right now is through draft and trades....and the traded Lewis because they overpaid for him in free agency.

Shaq and Barkley were some of the biggest names to leave a team thru free agency before Lebron. So its pretty rare, and its pretty new right now.

Guys make so much money now that money isn't the only motivation. They want superteams and dynasties.

ANd LA and Miami are party spots and people that love the limelight will be attracted there.

New York can't compete with the weather, w hich is why they really dont land to many FA's either, but they might get lucky cuz Carmelo is a new Yorker.

Other than that....all of your recent champions are built through trades and the draft....with Shaq being the lone exception.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    Nicky, can you explain me the concept of franchise tag, please ??
    in the NFL, a team can "franchise" a players (usually its best player) for the next year thus not allowing him to leave. they can do it even if he's a free agent or if he has 2 or less years on his contract.

But players who get the franchise tag get alot of money for that year. i think like 10 to 20 milliion depending on the position.

Every sport should have this.

But teams are only allowed on franchise tag per year....they dont all use it.

But its safe to say, the Cavaliers would have used it for Lebron and the Nuggets would have used it for Carmelo.

It could happen in the NBA because their Union isnt as strong as the MLB's...witht he NFL's being probably the weakest.

HAhahaha, CJ, you a fool for this one my nigga.

-

Dirty Knowledge, what's funny about what i said? Lebron should've stayed with Cleveland because if he had, some star players probably would've came like NickyTooch said and the Cavs would've won some championships. Why do athletes have to be so consumed with getting a lot of money? Carlos Boozer would've still been a big part of the Cavs offense if he had stayed. Cleveland i'm sure was paying him a lot of money. So just because Utah offered him more money, he leaves. You see that he didn't get far in the playoffs with Utah. I don't think he'll get far in the playoffs with Chicago depending on how long he stays. LOL@Michael Redd choosing money to stay in Milwaukee over possibly getting some championships with Cleveland hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He'll never win a championship with Milwaukee and his career is over now because he's been injured for a long time the last few seasons. I didn't know Ray Allen was thinking about playing with Cleveland when he was with Seattle.

Nicky, thanx. That would be a good move.

I'm sure Joakim Noah isn't the only one in the NBA that feels this way...he's the only one who's actually said it out loud. Maybe LBJ wanted a change of scenery/lifestyle. How old is he? 25/6? I know Cleveland has its nightlife and all but probably not comparable to Miami, LA, NY, or even Chi. Some markets sell themselves and remember these guys are young multimillionaires that want to be where the action is at. You think A-Rod would consider going to the KC Royals if he were a free agent? A co-worker of mine basically echoed what Noah said about Cleveland...and the dude is from Cleveland.

In movies Cleveland is always made fun of, so I assume it's a shithole lol, maybe that's why.

Banned

Anyone who has played here loves the city. Especially sports, its a great sports town and it has everything you need. WInters are cold, but thats everywhere in the midwest and northeast.

Its blown way out of proportion.

The Cavs were lowere level playoff team the years Redd and Allen were free agents, and those guys chose the money to stay in Milwaukee and Seattle. Larry Hughes was the third option and they got him.

Everywhere is what you make it. If you want to play in a city solely for its nightlife than your an idiot.

Lebron went to Miami because of Wade and Pat Riley and Bosh. Not cuz of the nightlife.

People go to the Lakers because the Lakers are a historic franchise. You notice how nobody flocks to play for the Clippers or the Sacramento Kings....Houston Rockets....Phoenix Suns etc.

A-Rod aint playing for the Royals because the Royals can't pay him 200 million. Baseball is a whole different animal. 90 percent of the teams can't pay the top free agents.

The biggest reason the Cavs didn't get anyone was because LeBron was not committed beyond last year. Otherwise they would have been able to do it.

If San Antonio can do it, anyone can do it. It has nothing to do with market so much as it does with the players you have. If Duncan leaves the Spurs they go downhill and have to rebuild.

If Kobe left the Lakers it would have been the same.

Your looking too deep into it.

Lebron wanted to win as many championships as easy as possible....thats why he chose Miami.

Default Last time the Cavs won...

Magic Johnson donated blood

Dr. Dre was still in med school

Pluto was still a planet

the only wizard in the league was Magic Johnson

haha add on to the cav's plight!

Banned

the cavs have never won a championship. LOL.

I didnt realize that we were so hated. I guess its the beatdowns and lebron and his buddies laughing it up and posing.

I owuld hate that shit too. I didnt like it even as a cavs fan.

but coming from a suns fan, its a little awkward, seeing as how phoenix never really won anything.

I'm talking in context of this season, but if you want to talk about past that ok. We are pretty disappointing this year but we are the best sports franchise to NOT win a championship, big fish in a small bowl.