Thread: 90's Hip-hop: A+ "The Latch-Key Kid" is ILLLLLLLL

Default 90's Hip-hop: A+ "The Latch-Key Kid" is ILLLLLLLL

PHAT beats, ill rhymes. He features AZ, Mobb Deep, and Q-tip on the album. Real 90's rugged NY hip-hop shit!

From Wikipedia: Only 13 when he recorded it, but the subject matter on the album and A+'s sheer lyrical ability is extremely mature. A+'s lyrical talent and conscious and aware subject matter on this album was such that it has been compared to artists twice his age at the time (Method Man, Nas, etc.)

ILLLL track from the album:

Is his second album as good as his first?

Link?

I'm back in the game, Smackin ya brain, Clappin dem things, Accurate aim, Snatching ya chain, Get back on the train, Traficking things, Package ya caine, Crack is the name, Sean is a rapper, But rappin is lame

i got his second album around the time it came out, it has some joints; especially a track with Canibus and Lost Boyz that really works but otherwise it's a much more commercial sounding effort. didn't like it much

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

anyone know who the MC's are on 'Parkside Coalition'? I recognize Prodigy's voice on the chorus, I think Big Noyd had a verse in there too.

woah after the first listen to that track shits got me hooked. way better than the Rugged child.

PRODIGAL SUN

in my opinion one of the illest on the album.

the joint with Q-Tip is hot as fuck too, also produced by Buckwild.. it's a shame he gave up on all those dope underground producers and New York guests (except Canibus on a track with Lost Boyz as i mentioned). it got a lot of beats by Smith Bro's who did the Raekwon track named after them though.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!