Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang" is BANGING

Default "Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang" is BANGING

listening through the album right now, i'm on track #6 and the shit is definitely a worthy follow-up to "Cuban Linx Pt. 2" so far. Rae's flowing viciously, the beats are raw with a perfect balance between the rugged Wu-Tangish sound and modern hard hip-hop beats. there's a lot of short tracks but still, that doesn't take anything away. shit really sounds like a natural next step from "Ob4cl Pt.II" which is a great thing to me. The Cilva Ringz track is NUUUUTS!! short but sweet but that shit KNOCKS, Ghost and Rae fucking kills it... Method Man has a short but nasty verse on the bass heavy "Every Soldier" and "Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang" works perfect as an intro the album, i'm glad that song ain't longer cuz then it might have been dragging on but as it is now it's just right.

For those who worried that they cut out Deck from "Chop Chop Ninja" need not to worry cuz he's on there kicking the fly shit with Rae's immaculate storytelling and a fast forward moving beat full of Kung Fu fighting samples throughout the whole song. "Butter Knives" sounds great in this context too, matter of fact all the songs so far are pretty much in that vein.

with 6 tracks so far i can say that this album blows "Apollo Kids" straight out the water. anyone else banging this?

this is a DEFINITE BUY on Tuesday, that's for damn sure!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

"Snake Pond" is fucking CRAZY, heavy drums with a nice asian influence - a little similiar to a harder take on the last joint on "No Said Date". Rae spits a hard storytelling verse over that rawness - once again, short but sweet (a 2 minute verse and then it's over). "Crane Style" is very similiar, it's almost like it's Part 1 and Part 2 of the same track and i love shit like that. Busta appears here.

y'all already know "Rock N Roll", so far the only club track on the album but even at that i really like it. the chorus is a little weak (not bc the auto-tune but the Bon Jovi references, etc, lol) but overall this is a good club track. so that's half the album i've heard now and if it got replay value this might very well be the best album of the year. at least it's easily the best Wu release since Rae's last LP.

in a way this album seems to be the opposite of CL2 in that this is short and conscise while CL2 was packed to the limit. this album is a little over 45 minutes. this can be a great thing, but still i wish the GZA/Killah Priest and Mobb Deep collabo was on here.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

How's Deck's verse on Chop Chop Ninja? Does it match up to his verses on CL2?

Banned

I just downloaded the leak. about to listen to it. still coping the album day one

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Damn, I knew this shit leaked......TEMPTATION!!!!
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Rae and Nas going back and forth with nothing but quality verses over a stripped down beat with vocal clip inserts >> future masterpiece ... he even has a banging 30 second interlude instrumental after the song with lot of Kung Fu flick samples and sword swinging.

"From The Hills" is on some triumphant shit with horns blowing and soulful singing with Rae and Meth reminiscing to back in the day, from childhood and growing up - at least Rae does that, Meth speaks more on the kids growing up in Park Hills now. love joints like that... i can't believe it, there haven't been one weak song so far, not even close.

"Last Train to Scotland" might be Rae's hottest verse, alot of fly storytelling on this LP so far and the beat is full of pounding bass and a driving drum-pattern. even Lloyd Banks is aight here. there's a horn sample on here that's been used on a Wu record before but i can't figure it out right now.

"Ferry Boat Killaz" is produced by Alchemist, it's quite driving but more laid-back than "Surgical Gloves". heavy on the strings which makes Rae's verses sound even more cinematic. Another banger for me. goddamn man!!

aight i'm not gonna spoil the last few tracks for y'all but this album is IN-FUCKING-SANE!! waay over my expectations tbh

Banging it now, im up to snake pond, fucking ill so far.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    How's Deck's verse on Chop Chop Ninja? Does it match up to his verses on CL2?
    it sounded good, i need to hear it more tho to make a fair judgement. he actually has two verses, his voice sounded a little off i think (at least on the first verse)

Veteran Member

How does your first listen of this compare to your first listen of CL2?

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    How does your first listen of this compare to your first listen of CL2?
    Im getting Supreme Clientele nostalgia bumping this....

....oh yeah, I went there.

Method Man

I said it before and im gonna say it again - day one purchase.

Method Man

Rae mentioned on twitter this morning that it's been a terrible day for him...a close relative passed away and his shit leaked!

i'm at the last track now - the one with Black Thought... let me just say:

"Masters Of Our Fate" >> "Purified Thoughts", and alot of hot joints on "CL2"

hahah the Wu Chant is fucking classic way to close the LP... i need to wait to hear the GZA/KP and Mobb Deep collabo to know if it was a wise decision to leave them as internet bonus tracks cuz the sequencing on this and the running time is pretty damn perfect on a first listen.

i just placed my pre-order on this... haha word Tauro, this sounds like the good ol' Wu but firmly placed in a 2011 setting just like "Supreme Clientele" sounded like the good ol' Wu but made to fit with what was going on in 2000.

fuck that I'm not downloading this shit. gotta have it in my collection but now appears a question vinyl or cd? ;d

this one's getting purchased.

both of the songs with meth are disgusting, this seems like it'll be good workout music.

even fucking eric sermon came through on this.