Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang" is BANGING

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
    Rae mentioned on twitter this morning that it's been a terrible day for him...a close relative passed away and his shit leaked!
    well that sucks about his fam, but 8 days before drop date for a big name artist is fine in this day and age. alot of major releases leak way earlier than that
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

dling now....oh boy

Veteran Member

Damn, from what I've read in this thread it sounds like this album could very well be on par with CL2...possibly BETTER - and that album is a personal classic!

I'm so tempted to check the album out (I've heard the first 3 leaks and all the snippets) but I'll wait till next week for the full experience.

SHAOLIN STUDENT wutangclan97chamber's Avatar

[ To Reiko]

^^^^im getting a CD but thats just cause im not too into vinyl. i would rather get non-reprint vinyls of classic shit than one of new shit. but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post

even fucking eric sermon came through on this.
    hahah what's wrong with Sermon. granted he used to be one of the asbolute best but has been quite monotone from time to time but he's done several dope beats over the years. i didn't check the credits when i listened, what song did Sermon produce on this?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Sermon produced Every Soldier In The Hood.

^"every soldier in the hood"

i like sermon, but he has been on autopilot for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

i just placed my pre-order on this... haha word Tauro, this sounds like the good ol' Wu but firmly placed in a 2011 setting just like "Supreme Clientele" sounded like the good ol' Wu but made to fit with what was going on in 2000.
    Exactly

And just for the record, Molasses is my shit, Rick Ross n all.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Veteran Member

"there's a horn sample on here that's been used on a Wu record before but i can't figure it out right now"

Jammin pointed it out, its the beat playing in the beginning of Fat Lady Sings

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    Damn, from what I've read in this thread it sounds like this album could very well be on par with CL2...possibly BETTER - and that album is a personal classic!

I'm so tempted to check the album out (I've heard the first 3 leaks and all the snippets) but I'll wait till next week for the full experience.
    for me listening to snippets of all the tracks ruin the experience more bc to me it doesn't matter that much as long as i can experience the full thing front-to-back but we all work differently. i also heard the 3 singles prior and that was it so it was a real experience to hear all the songs now without having to heard a single snippet.. but i know what you mean, it's even a little better to actually have the CD/LP for the first time without having heard a thing like it often was back in the days.

but it's like even if i listen to it now and like it i will buy it for sure. that's why i never bought "Manifesto" haha

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    Sermon produced Every Soldier In The Hood.
    He did? - no wonder I didn't like it that much.

Method Man

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

listen to this lp back to back so far shit is sick
    fav tracks so far:

butter knives
    chop chop ninja
    rich and black
    snake pond
    silver rings

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^"every soldier in the hood"

i like sermon, but he has been on autopilot for over a decade.
    yeah i agree with you but he's seem to come straight whenver he's working with Rae imo. the track he did for Busta's album that featured Rae was one of his best beats in YEARS, "Baggin' Crack" is my shit with the little razor cutting hi-hat and the track that featured Raekwon on the last EPMD album was another heater.

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    Exactly

And just for the record, Molasses is my shit, Rick Ross n all.
    yeah "Molasses" was a favorite of mine to on first listen, Rick Ross's verse wasn't bad (just like his verse on "Devil in a New Dress" was good) but i can't stand him as a person but whatever, it ain't like it fucks up the album in any way (just like it didn't fuck up "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" either).

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "there's a horn sample on here that's been used on a Wu record before but i can't figure it out right now"

Jammin pointed it out, its the beat playing in the beginning of Fat Lady Sings
    aight thanks man (and thanks Jammin too)

Im now officially done with my first full playthough. Im gonna hold off now until I have a copy in my hands, when I get it im gonna put that shit on full blast and rock my neighbours windows.

Method Man

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    for me listening to snippets of all the tracks ruin the experience more bc to me it doesn't matter that much as long as i can experience the full thing front-to-back but we all work differently. i also heard the 3 singles prior and that was it so it was a real experience to hear all the songs now without having to heard a single snippet.. but i know what you mean, it's even a little better to actually have the CD/LP for the first time without having heard a thing like it often was back in the days.

but it's like even if i listen to it now and like it i will buy it for sure. that's why i never bought "Manifesto" haha
    Yeah with me I check out the snippets to see if I'm feeling the vibe of an album. If the snippets completely fail to impress then I usually avoid buying albums.