Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: HBO Series: A Game of Thrones

lmao @ sjws complaining cause a woman of color was killed on the show. only white males are allowed to be killed on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    lmao @ sjws complaining cause a woman of color was killed on the show. only white males are allowed to be killed on the show.
    They are also moaning about the last episode to. How can a woman go mad and why is Jon seen as the reasonable one.

Odd episode, they literally made Dany snap in one episode. This should of been happening at the beginning of the season, flesh it out. This is the problem with the show. The last 2 seasons are so rushed. They could have easily done 2 full 10 episode seasons but they went down this route. Dany snaps in one episode, Varys betrays in one episode. Jaime's arc goes 360 in 2 episodes. Arya is still an annoying shit with as much if not more plot armour than Jon does. The Dragons get upgraded with extra speed and dodging capabilities in 1 episode. Though I do think the episode got its point across well. War is bad and sieges usually don't end well for anyone. This is how war works. The Tyrion - Varys exchanges, the Jaime - Tyrion stuff all good. and Jon's still a fool.

My guess is now Arya kills Dany. Sansa betrays Jon somehow and Sansa sits on the Iron Throne while Arya goes and rules the other continent cause why the fuck not, she has more power than Thanos.
    Last edited by HANZO; 05-13-2019 at 10:05 AM.

yeah this season is super rushed

so many deep fan theories going around, but then most of the characters just have clear cut deaths. Cersei/ Jamie was rather anti-climactic

lol at rushed.. took 2 years since season 7 was on tv.. also the book aint even out that continues from tv season 5. (winds of winter)

its been 8 years since dance with dragons.

I think this seasons been epic..
    I doubt much of it will be in the books tho.. the books are 9000 times better than the tv show.

writing/ scripts rushed for the last season. ending story arcs condensed in too little sequences

its pretty obvious how many years the show's been on yo.

Anyways, I'm curious to see what becomes of Bran in the end. I'm probably far in the minority here but he's been one of my favorite characters, and I think is by far the most intriguing one. He's essentially the most powerful entity and he's been brushed under the rug the whole ending season - so far

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    lol at rushed.. took 2 years since season 7 was on tv.. also the book aint even out that continues from tv season 5. (winds of winter)

its been 8 years since dance with dragons.

I think this seasons been epic..
    I doubt much of it will be in the books tho.. the books are 9000 times better than the tv show.
    Certain storylines aren't fleshed out. Dany snapped in 1 episode. Before she only showed minor glimpses of being a very harsh ruler throughout 8 seasons. Then she went full blown in one episode. They could have built it up a bit. Thats what I'm trying to point out, Varys betrayed her in one episode. Maybe at the start of the season we could have seen him plotting. They had enough content for 10 episodes for the past 2 seasons but they just cut out certain things to finish it quickly. I don't mind how the Jaime and Cersei arc finished, people expected him to kill her but Jaime's arc went from him being an egotistical prick to one where he essentially sacrificed himself.

Fan theories hyped up the show a bit too much. Even with the books I think if certain theories don't play out fans are going to be angry. The show whatever it did wasn't going to be praised for the way it ends. Theres just too many damn eyes on the show. This season episodes 1 and 2 could have been one episode. The battle for winter fell I don't mind Arya killing the Night King the things that annoyed me the most in that episode was the shitty battle tactics. It was soo fucking stupid. They could have done the battle better and killed at least 1 major character while doing it. The Night King deserved one big kill.

I don't mind this season, Im enjoying the show for what it is. I wish there wasn't soo much plot armour and those near death scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic The HedgeBob View Post
    Now I know how Jasper felt about Tetris.
    lmao
    In all seriousness though GOT was pretty badass for 7 seasons. I have zero shame or regret. Maybe I'll check Vikings next I literally don't watch any other shows at the moment.

Yes..vikings is great till floki started annoying me

the end of an era in a few hours

wonder how many sjw's who always wanted danni to be the saviour, regret calling their daughter Daenrys.

funny enough, they couldnt see her madness when she locked up that guy in Qarth with his wife, or when she burned villages/dothraki down cos they didnt worship her, or literay was narcissitic thinking she was the rightful queen of the world, she did/ said she'd do crazy shit, when she was getting her way, of course she do crazy shit, when she lost all her friends and Jon didnt want his auntie to be a cock pocket anymore

that being said, Danni owned ep 5,. great episode, i was buzzing when she nuke'd kings landing.. all those people deserved it.

dont really care what happens tonight, just gonna enjoy it, whilst 95% of the rest of the world are still triggered from the last episode.

Bran for the iron throne.!

I'm in the acceptance stage at this point. I welcome the shitstorm that's to come. It's the perfect storm; sjws, cucks, incels, anti-sjws, normies, npcs, alt-right and many more all united against a common foe. D&D brought humanity together. They're heroes.

So it ends. Don't really know what to think anymore. This is how it ends and people have got to accept it. Nobody was ever going to happy with it. I mean it was kind of a happy ending for most characters which I felt was a bit odd. It wasn't bittersweet as George said it would be.

spoilers **

Bran played the game. So basically he manipulated everyone to draw a path that led to him being King. So did he manipulate and get into the head of the mad King? Was he the one sending visions to Dany? Im guessing yes but they should have shown him actually doing it.

Jon kills Dany in a very anti-climatic scene but yeah whatever but does this mean that in the books he does the same and become Azor Ahai?. Did Jon being Aegon effect the story in any way? He was the rightful heir to the throne but it didn't really matter. Nobody cared. This was built up as a great mystery and it's a big deal but in the end didn't matter at all. It didn't effect his personal storyline at all. So if he remained as Jon Snow the bastard the ending wouldn't have changed. Maybe in the books they end up going to war I dunno.

And Dany turned into Thanos.

Tyrion was being Tyrion.

Sansa meh.

I really wished someone killed Arya.

Apart from Dany and Jon everyone got a happy ending.

i wasn't mad about the ending at all tbh even though i hated the last episode. Was kind of surprised at the level of hate I saw but whatever.

I was calling for Bran to take the throne the last two seasons and he basically did (King anyway) so it worked out for me

Well going by G.R.R Martin's comments on the show he confirmed that the butterfly effect will play a part in the books. So it's clear that Bran uses time travel telepathy whatever that is to become King in the books. I don't think people will be happy with that ending either.

I really wish indians had the balls to shoot needles so that you could go away.

The ending was really bad, but I think season 8 was good on account of the Battle of Winterfell and Dany blowing up kings landing. Every other episode was filler, but those two were so good that I say the seasons gets a c+.

I think the shit ending is going to kill hopes of the prequels because there's no an army of people ready to hate anything that's not 'the book'. Which they haven't and will never read. No matter what D&D do with star wars they will be destroyed by fans that hate them from GOT and fans that still haven't accepted that Star War is wack.