2 2.13%
  • poor

1 1.06%
  • wack

3 3.19%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Method Man - Tical 2000: Judgement Day

Suga Duga

Meth's best work, Dangerous Grounds and Sweet Love belong both in my all-time list

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'm surprised Hollow Dartz didn't review this shit yet!

01 : Judgement Day - I don't Rate Intros
    02 : Perfect World - This shit is a hot cd opener, the first bars are fire 4/5
    03 : Cradle Rock ft. Left Eye - Meth Ripped this fucking track to shreds "Die Hard Fan call me John John Mclane now, Snake vs the Crane style" 5/5
    04 : Dangerous Grounds ft. Streetlife - Classic Meth, Streetlife shitted on the track. 5/5
    05 : Sweet Love (Skit)
    06 : Sweet Love ft. Cappadonna & Streetlife - Straight fire, Method Man killed it, Streetlife flowed on it nicely too. 5/5
    07 : Shaolin What (Skit) - This ain't no fucking skit. Meth killed it 4/5
    08 : Torture (4,5) - Classic Meth - 5/5
    09 : Where's Method Man? (Skit) ft. Ed Lover
    10 : Suspect Chin Music ft. Streetlife - StreetLife and Meth are going back and fourth killing it. It's a lot of lines I Love on here. 5/5
    11 : Retro Godfather - At first I wasn't feeling this shit but I fucks with it. 4.5/5
    12 : Dooney Boy (skit)
    13 : Spazzola ft. Streetlife, Raekwon, Masta Killa, Killa Sin & Inspectah Deck - Classic Wu-Tang Masta Killa did damage!!!! 5/5
    14 : Check Writer (Skit)
    15 : You Play Too Much ft. Chris Rock (skit)
    16 : Party Crasher - This track is nice and cool, Meth could do some better storytelling . 4/5
    17 : Grid Iron Rap ft. Streetlife - This beat is like wtf, but I fucks with the lyrics like crazy. 4/5
    18 : Step By Step - I like the calmness of this track. 4.5/5
    19 : Play IV Keeps ft. Inspectah Deck, Streetlife & Mobb Deep - Classic 5/5
    20 : Donald Trump (Skit)
    21 : Snuffed Out (Skit) ft. Streetlife - Streetlife aired that nigga out lol. 4.5/5
    22 : Elements ft. Star & Polite - This is fire stop hating 4.5/5
    23 : Killin' Fields - CLASSIC 5/5
    24 : Big Dogs ft. Redman - A lil banger 4/5
    25 : Break Ups 2 Make Ups ft. D'Angelo - This isnt wack at all 4/5
    26 : Message From Penny (Skit)
    27 : Judgement Day - Classic 5/5
    28 : C.E.O.Utro

Lyrics - 5/5
    Beats - 4.5/5
    Overall 4.5/5

The only thing I don't like is having to grab my remote everytime a skit comes on.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I'm surprised Hollow Dartz didn't review this shit yet!

01 : Judgement Day
    02 : Perfect World
    This track is a lyrical preview of the album. Straight raw and gritty and although Meth brings it hard on a tight beat I don't like that part towards the end of the track, it kind of messes up the track vibe on here. Nevertheless still a banger. 4/5
    03 : Cradle Rock ft. Left Eye
    "Die Hard Fan call me John John Mclane now, Snake vs the Crane style" Meth comes hard on here just dropping bombs line after line and his flow on here is mad nice. He has a lilttle Raggae part towards the end that messes up the vibe of the track a little bit, and Left Eye at the end sounds dope to me (RIP). 4.5/5
    04 : Dangerous Grounds ft. Streetlife
    Instant Banger right here. Beat is crazy as hell, Meth comes on and is raw then Streetlife comes in and smashes this shit, he pretty much smashes this whole album. 4.5/5
    05 : Sweet Love (Skit)
    06 : Sweet Love ft. Cappadonna & Streetlife
    I love the beat on this joint right here, Streetlife starts it off great, then Cappadonna comes in with his wordplay and slang and just kills it, Meth ends the track nice as hell, he comes off smooth on this one. 5/5
    07 : Shaolin What (Skit)
    08 : Torture
    Method Man shows why he can't be fucked with on here. Lyrically flawless on here, beat is nice too. Too many lines to be quoting on this one cause Meth is coming hard. 5/5
    09 : Where's Method Man? (Skit) ft. Ed Lover
    10 : Suspect Chin Music ft. Streetlife
    I love how this shit comes on. Meth and Street going back and forth ripping this track to shreads. "Shotgun aiming at ya chestpiece blaow!" Streetlife gets better every track he's on. Method Man brings the pain on this joint. 5/5
    11 : Retro Godfather
    This track had to grow on me, but if you listen to the lyrics on here Meth is on some other shit..."We got love for those with love for us
    Baby you can look but don't touch, I'm fried off the dust
    And plus, the only thing I trust is a fund
    Ain't no fun, just paranoid niggaz totin guns
    in apparel, keep us camouflaged in the shadows
    That's where I bring this tale that you never get to tattle
    Obliterate the tri-state, and the crime rate
    Tell them swine niggaz fly straight, you can call it fate" 4.5/5

12 : Dooney Boy (skit)
    13 : Spazzola ft. Streetlife, Raekwon, Masta Killa, Killa Sin & Inspectah Deck
    Crazy Shit right here, the beat is Raw, Masta Killa opens this one up crazy as hell "Brain gets punctured and drained through the nasal
    Hour of assassination be upon you
    Movin with the tiger strike, bound, gagged and shot" then Streetlife comes in with a crazy flow on here, Method Man follows up with some classic Material and Inspectah Deck comes in hard kinda like a Triumph follow up
    "From the Shao' borough, whylin out on the furlow
    Commando, styles thorough, solo inferno
    It burns slow, thermonuclear degrees
    Heads are underseas down to the youngest seeds", Killa Sin comes hard also his flow is crazy on this one it sounds like he doesn't stop at all and Raekwon is the icing on the cake with his mad wordplay, nobody could ask for anything better. 5/5

14 : Check Writer (Skit)
    15 : You Play Too Much ft. Chris Rock (skit)
    16 : Party Crasher
    This a cool track right here, Meth telling a story about what happened at the club, which may be true. Beat is on some Al Green shit nice and calm. 4.5/5
    17 : Grid Iron Rap ft. Streetlife
    Beat is hard on this joint and this is the only track where I must say Street comes harder than Meth on this one... "I Silver Surf the city circuits, forever lurkin
    on the street surface, I spit blood for blood verses
    Grands man divided, we still stand, conquer land
    One man'll body slam Def Jam" he's comes too hard on this one, don't get me wrong though Meth is wild on here too. 4.5/5

18 : Step By Step
    I can honestly say there is nothing wack about this track. Straight hip-hop, beat is nice and calm real dope shit, and Meth is ripping it on the lyrical tip. I love how he is experimenting with his flow on here it sounds mad nice. 5/5
    19 : Play IV Keeps ft. Inspectah Deck, Streetlife & Mobb Deep
    Another hot track. Hell Razah is on the hook. I love how Inspectah comes in "One hand hold the head of the last brave man" Mobb Deep are nice on here but the clan held it down on this joint. Havoc did a good job on the beat. 4.5/5
    20 : Donald Trump (Skit)
    21 : Snuffed Out (Skit) ft. Streetlife
    22 : Elements ft. Star & Polite
    This is a nice joint right here too. Star and Poilte are bringing it hard on here, what happened to these cats? Method Man is just flowing on this shit " I rock from alpha to omega, 64 to sega" Meth is hot. Nice beat too nothing too calm or too hype. 4.5/5
    23 : Killin' Fields
    Straight Classic. From The beat all the way down to the lyrics. Best track on the album. 5/5
    24 : Big Dogs ft. Redman
    This joint is ok, not really feeling the beat on this one right here, Redman does come hard on here I must say. Could've been left off the album though... 3.5/5
    25 : Break Ups 2 Make Ups ft. D'Angelo
    This is a good track. Not wack at all, Meth spits his typical hood love story shit on here, hook my D'angelo is cool aswell. 4/5
    26 : Message From Penny (Skit)
    27 : Judgement Day
    Dope outro to a nice album. Meth did the beat aswell, which is pretty dope. Meth is coming hard but you can tell he's playing wround aswell, but this is still some hot shit! 5/5
    28 : C.E.O.Utro

Lyrics - 5/5
    Beats - 4.5/5
    Overall - 4.5/5

Method Man is in his prime on this album, the lyrics are straight raw, and streetlife is coming hard everytime, he even gets Meth on one track. Beats produced heavily by True and 4th which is real nice. I think if Streetlife would've dropped after this........(You fill in). the only thing about this album are the skits. Too Many and they are so outta place, the Rap Skits are dope though just listen to "Snuffed Out" ****Overall 4.5/5**** ****Certified Wu-Banger****
    Reviewed.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I honestly don't know why I don't feel this album, on paper it ticks all the right boxes but I just can't quite connect with it.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Yeah I know, it gets mixed reviews everywhere, IDK it's a banger though......I hate most of the skits...

Yeah I know, it gets mixed reviews everywhere, IDK it's a banger though......I hate most of the skits...
    Yeah the skits really slow this album up.

I do like a few of the songs but I just can't vibe to it as a whole.

Method Man

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    I honestly don't know why I don't feel this album, on paper it ticks all the right boxes but I just can't quite connect with it.
    Fuckin hell, I just came in here to write exactly the same thing! I've never been able to put my finger on what, but something is missing when I listen to it.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

I think it's just too long.
    I love loads of tracks on here but as an album...I struggle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    Fuckin hell, I just came in here to write exactly the same thing! I've never been able to put my finger on what, but something is missing when I listen to it.
    Well it seems clearly that alot of people felt the same way, in fact I actually got my copy from a friend who didn't want it any more cos he hated it and since he knew I was a fan he gave it to me. I don't have the case for it though just the cd cos he took it out of the cd changer in his car after we went out cruising.

Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    I think it's just too long.
    I love loads of tracks on here but as an album...I struggle with it.
    The skits on here are ridiculous. But with the power of my Zune all the tracks you see rated are the only ones I listen to. I think he's better lyrically on here than Tical, but the beats on Tical are way better...

I kinda think Meth tried too hard with this album. For me he's always been best when he's not thinking, just going off on a crazy one. Just listen to Ice Cream man to see what I'm talking about.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
    I kinda think Meth tried too hard with this album. For me he's always been best when he's not thinking, just going off on a crazy one. Just listen to Ice Cream man to see what I'm talking about.
    Not at all, I would say that about 4:21 though....

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

The skits on here are ridiculous. But with the power of my Zune all the tracks you see rated are the only ones I listen to. I think he's better lyrically on here than Tical, but the beats on Tical are way better...
    Yeah I agree

Not at all, I would say that about 4:21 though....
    I definately know what you mean about 4:21, but I just feel he's kinda let it creep in more and more through his career. It's kinda like he didn't know he was cool then people told him he was and he started trying to be cool. I dunno...

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i skip the skits....

they do suck

but i LOVE this album, skits aside