View Poll Results: How do you rate SvsWT?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

7 11.48%
  • Superior

33 54.10%
  • Banger

19 31.15%
  • Average

1 1.64%
  • Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 1.64%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Raekwon "Shaolin v.s. Wu-Tang" Review

Veteran Member

what about Wu Crime and Your World?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I would give them both 4/5.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

^^not surprising considering the "range" of your scores was from 3.5 to 4.5. Kinda like just going through the motions and just stamping everything approved. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Veteran Member

Damn Wu Crime 4/5? Thats being generous

Yea, Wu crime kinda sucked. Your World My World was clearly the better track.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    ^^not surprising considering the "range" of your scores was from 3.5 to 4.5. Kinda like just going through the motions and just stamping everything approved. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.
    I don't even have a response to this. "Going through the Motions?" whatever nigga...

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Damn Wu Crime 4/5? Thats being generous
    Yeah I liked Wu-Crime, the beat wasn't all that but the MC's stole the show on it.

Yea, Wu crime kinda sucked. Your World My World was clearly the better track.
    Your opinion.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

Yeah for Crime lyrically it was legit, no complaints, but in order for me to garner a track 4/5 BOTH lyrics & production must be met with my standards

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Yeah for Crime lyrically it was legit, no complaints, but in order for me to garner a track 4/5 BOTH lyrics & production must be met with my standards
    well that's your standards. A 3.5/5 would be the lowest score I would give it, I don't think it's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Your opinion.
    Actually it's more like a consensus opinion. I don't expect you to understand.

Actually it's more like a consensus opinion. I don't expect you to understand.
    OMG You want a cookie! . Niggaz gettin emotional because I rated a track I liked a 4/5? You still not gettin pussy yet? Come on man, it's not that serious......

AWW are we resorting to name calling?

AWW are we resorting to name calling?
    Name Calling??? When????? "You still not getting pussy" isn't name calling......IDK where you're trying to go with that....anyways i'm not gonna go back and forth with you over a track rating, I just don't have the time. Please get pussy. I pray for you.

You don't have the time? You don't care? Obviously you do if you took the time to write up a long review and then comment on every one of my posts.

There are very many ways in which you are a small, pathetic, stupid human being, least of which are your vanity, arrogance, ignorance, gullibility, and serious lack of a sense of humor. I feel sorry for you. You don't even have the capacity to tell when you are insulting others or are being insulted.

PRODIGAL SUN

its better than cuban linx 2

Solid album from the chef, I believe Cuban linx 2 shouldve been a double cd with these cuts.
    Rich & Black (was bumpin this hard when I was locked up), Last Trip to Scotland & Ferryboat Killaz are ill as hell. Suprisingly From the Hills is my fav track so far, real triumphant track rite there. Molasses goes hard as hell too, love Ross reppin Wu on this. Production was great, cant go wrong with Bronze, Mathematics, ALC, Cilva, & Evidence etc.