Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ok GFK time to wake up.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Ok GFK time to wake up.

After Raekwon dropped this true definition of a banger, Ghost you need to wake up fam. Dart School is better than half of your last project. the key for Ghost to get back on his shit again is, switching his style up. Apollo Kids isnt wack, but if you listen to it you can tell Ghost lost it a lil. the key is switching up his style...

36 Chambers

Ironman

Different Style

Supreme Clientele

different style

Bulletproof Wallets

different style

Pretty Toney

Different Style

Fishscale/More Fish

Different Style

Big Doe Rehab

different style

same style....

same style....

same style....

same style....

same style....

Wizard of poetry

Different style

Wu-Massacre

sounds like big doe rehab

Apollo Kids

sounds like big doe rehab

Everything this nigga has been doing between BDR(2007)-Now(2011) sounds the same (With the exception of WOP). Come on Ghost time to switch ya style up.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 03-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Word, Ghost is too talented to stick to this simpler over dubbed style rap. Shit even if he goes back and visits his older chambers it'll be good.

"you got the nerve to play third, in a softball tournament round my way, thats my word"

ahahaha

Veteran Member

Hmm really the only albums hes coming out that I HOPE have a different style of rapping is SC2 + S&C (if Doom ever decides to complete it). Im not expecting much from Wu-Block, just more street based rhymes from both, and I cant even say what he has in stores with Blue & Cream

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    I cant even say what he has in stores with Blue & Cream
    the name Blue & Cream makes me think.. SOUL.. somethin smooth..

an since Ghost loves his soul samples.. i could imagine something like..

Wizard of Poetry.. but with that old school SOUL.. rather than R&B..

i agree ghost needs to step up a lil bit but he is not gonna be soundin like he was 10-15 years back, nobody does, how can we expect from a 40 year old to sound again like he 20?
    a 20 year old person dont sound like 4 even if he would like to

i want that house of flying daggers type of album, hes on his right shit on that one

Ghost is just fine, if anybody need to step they shit up it's Rza,Gza and Deck...IMO

tbh i feel ghost has had a very similar style since pretty tony 2004-2011....his lyrics became more punchline friendly, and more LOXish style, instead of real wordplay lyricism he possessed, and great knowledge droppin and storytelling.....
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

but like don universo said, hes not the one in the clan 2 be worried about, deck, rza, and gza have been a lot worse compared to what they used to be
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

nah fam, ghost is losing it a lil man, i can tell, i really fear for that wu block shit, ghost is losing it & sheek just dropped a crossover album. rza, gza & deck? irrelevant ...... rza should stop rapping altogether...deck cant pick a good beat for shit, gza is with masta killa somewhere doing nothing.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i agree to an extent..

over the last few years Ghost's style isn't nearly as dynamic and show-stealing as it used to be.....i don't think he's necessarily LOST anything but the subject matter he's been using has definitely gotten a little redundant (who knows, but i wouldn't be surprised if cutting down on heavy mind-altering drugs has alot to do with it)

with that said, APOLLO KIDS IS STILL DOPE AS FUCK

the more I'm listening to SvW, the more I'm enjoying it....but in my mind it's only a few notches above Apollo Kids...AK was very short in comparison but it is still a great album (IMO)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    nah fam, ghost is losing it a lil man, i can tell, i really fear for that wu block shit, ghost is losing it & sheek just dropped a crossover album. rza, gza & deck? irrelevant ...... rza should stop rapping altogether...deck cant pick a good beat for shit, gza is with masta killa somewhere doing nothing.

oh dear. things are beginning to look real ugly now

Veteran Member

"nobody does, how can we expect from a 40 year old to sound again like he 20?"

Disagree, Big Boi from OutKast sounds pretty much the same since at least 1996

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    i agree to an extent..

over the last few years Ghost's style isn't nearly as dynamic and show-stealing as it used to be.....i don't think he's necessarily LOST anything but the subject matter he's been using has definitely gotten a little redundant (who knows, but i wouldn't be surprised if cutting down on heavy mind-altering drugs has alot to do with it)

with that said, APOLLO KIDS IS STILL DOPE AS FUCK

co-sign. lyrically SvsW blows AK out the park lol Ghost needs to switch it up

I agree Ghost is still nice, but when you compare it even to his post BPW stuff its gettign tired and not as good even not as good as when ghost first stated using his latest style

off topic but that toonami beat comp in ur sig is ill i can see gza over those beats
    Last edited by Undiluted Karma; 03-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.