Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm not feeling some of the beats on SvW

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

the whole lp is dope stop the hate and buy rae's tape lol

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

The album has been bought, listened to and enjoyed.

Stop overreacting over some piece of criticism.
    Last edited by Gitche Manito; 03-13-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    how can you hate on from the hills... that tracks smooth as shit. people need to stop bitching based on what they think an album should have sounded like. take it for what it is. i don't understand how i'm loving this record and there are people bitching about it. the structure of this album is solid, this shit was well thought out.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    I think From The Hills is a great joint. The beat, Rae n Meth's verses and the singing all work well on this track.

This album is really well put together IMO. It flows very well and has a cohesive vibe to it. Despite Rock N Roll not fitting in with the rest of the album, I don't think it's completely whack, since my main complaint about it is the hook. Once again Rae showed that he's very capable of making a really dope album.
    co-sign

peoples are definitely reaching in this thread. some yall just need to stop cause for real, ya cant be hatin that much. no offense wera, but you always tryin to knock the shit people be spinnin like crazy, i dunno if its to seem above the rest or what but you reachin big time fam.

to the people not liking From the Hills, get outside, make some friends and get into some real life shit, that what that track is essentially about homies gettin into shit in the neighbourhood.

Rock N Roll is my only issue, and its just the placement, chorus and jim jones. but you know, i cant front on Rae tryin to do tese crossover joints, i just dont think it shoulda been on this album. fuck, even Rick Ross drops a dope verse.

SHAOLIN STUDENT wutangclan97chamber's Avatar

rock n roll > chop chop ninja.

even though the chorus has Life Changes syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    co-sign. i think people here are afraid of how good this album is so they are trying their best to come up with shit not to like.
    Love thy neighbor

Veteran Member

So because someone says he doesn't enjoy all the beats, he is hatin ? The real question is how someone who knows the wu-tang discography can have different feelings about LPs like BDR,CL II, Dopium, AK, and all the "needed some work" stuff that was released since a very long time by the Wu. And nobody even said S vs W was a wack mixtape.

I read the same comments for a brillant original beat and for an unoriginal, decent/mediocre one like if they were equal. I agree about the good samples/bad-mediocre-decent beat thing; i think and said the same about several beats used by GFK.

I agree some just over-analyze this shit.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    production is nice. I wasn't even expecting something this soon after cuban linx 2. Wu always putting in work.

thread starter is right, there are a few on here that are not exactly what the chef promised but for what it is a solid 4/5

Is that a xylophone on Dart School? Or a harpischord? a marimba?

haha love it.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    peoples are definitely reaching in this thread. some yall just need to stop cause for real, ya cant be hatin that much. no offense wera, but you always tryin to knock the shit people be spinnin like crazy, i dunno if its to seem above the rest or what but you reachin big time fam.

to the people not liking From the Hills, get outside, make some friends and get into some real life shit, that what that track is essentially about homies gettin into shit in the neighbourhood.

Rock N Roll is my only issue, and its just the placement, chorus and jim jones. but you know, i cant front on Rae tryin to do tese crossover joints, i just dont think it shoulda been on this album. fuck, even Rick Ross drops a dope verse.
    my point exactly.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

i succumbed to this and listening now, the LP is getting bought soon

and WTF is that beat at the end of rich and black, that is CRAZY

PRODIGAL SUN

LMFAO cause i dont like one song im hating? STFU one skipped song means im hating? i havent taken it out of my car stereo except to switch the burned copy with the official copy. dude was saying he didnt like some of it so i just said what about it i dont like. out of 17 tracks i dont like one song, and one song's hook. and im hating? ok. thats cool lol
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

hollow is just trying to fill his daily quota of saying hater 10 times a day at WTC.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post

did you just say i never leave my house or have any friends cause i dont like the one sappy singing bullshit track on the album? i dont give a fuck what the song is about, it could be about how much raekwon thinks chris stylez is the coolest guy alive, its sappy and boring and i dont like it and thats my opinion you ingrate
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon