Thread: Shaolin vs Wu Tang and Cuban Linx 2 best tracks would be a hot album

FRESH FISH

Default Shaolin vs Wu Tang and Cuban Linx 2 best tracks would be a hot album

As a massive Rae and Wu tang fan if the best tracks from Rae's last 2 albums were on 1 disc it would be an outright classic no arguments. It would possibly be one of my favourite Wu solos ever. Both albums are brilliant but they both have some disappointing tracks that stop them being classic albums.

Hmmm, interesting u said that since i was thinking something similar to this the other day, due to all the speculation about which is the better album. I see it like this: both are superior albums which i will not brand neither a classic (YET)...but like i said both are superior and altho both are very different from each other I like both albums equally . Having said that, I was wondering maybe there were tracks on Cuban Linx 2 that fits the kung-fu theme of Shaolin vs Wu-Tang more (such as "House Of Flying Daggers", "Broken Safety" among others) as well as tracks on Shaolin vs Wu-Tang that fits the drug-rap theme of Cuban Linx 2 more (such as "Rock & Roll", "Last trip To Scottland" and "Molasses")...like i said, this was just a thought. I enjoy both albums equally.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Dude, both albums are near classics. Enough of this fantasy bullshit.

I know they are, i never said they were not...i love both albums equally. And its not a fantasy, i was just pointing out that there are tracks on both albums that fit the other albums theme, but i wouldnt change a thing about the albums tho.

Both albums are good. Neither is a classic. Cuban Linx is a classic. Neither of these are on that level.
    Both are good, and big steps in the right direction, but to call them classics is just stupid.

Recently I have been (repeatedly) banging a playlist of nearly all of SvW with the best tracks from Apollo Kids. Only dropped one or two tracks from Shaolin with In Tha Park, Ghetto, Troublemakers, Black Tequila, Purfied Thoughts and Street Bullies from AK (having selected treble reduce in the equlaiser). Recommended.

A definite renaissance from Wu, classic status or not. Peace

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

not really a Wu renaissance, just a difference when somebody actually put some effort in his raps
    bring back begongo!!

+1...these are good albums...but to call them classic, or even anywhere near classic, in my opinion, is dumb.

I don't usually compare to other wu releases but if CL1 was 5/5 and Liquid Swords was a 5/5 this is barely a 3.
    It's the god, god.

no to theadstarter. tracks would of not blended well together.

Veteran Member

Naw theres def some Cuban Linx type of tracks that would of EASILY fit on CLII (Scotland, Silver Rings, Rich n Black, MOOF)

I dont see anywhere in my post where i called these albums "classic".....ppl need to read more carefully

i think shaolin vs wu is better but i LOVE CL2...both are dope who really gives a fucc

some people prefer shaolin vs over CL2? that's surprising to me.

someone needs to find out who made the beat at the end of 'rich and black'. then it should be reused (fat lady sings/last train to scotland-style) on a wu album. get on it twitter people!

Shaolin Student

Both cds are good just in different ways
    Last edited by shaolinsaga; 03-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.