Thread: Favourite Big L song?

Inspektah Meth-Tical

Default Favourite Big L song?

Mine is 'Let Em Have it L'.

facts on tracks i recite well
    everybody wanna be like Mike but Mike wanna be like L.

8 iz Enuff

PRODIGAL SUN UncontrolledSubstans's Avatar

Fed up Wit the Bullshit

The Enemy (Produced by DJ Premier)
    Doo Wop 'My Niggaz'
    Harlem World Universal
    Apathy - Stop What Ya Doin (Feat. Celph Titled, DJ Premier) Nuttkase RMX

muzzik page - http://www.facebook.com/nuttkasemusic

wow there's so many incredible songs so i don't even know where to start, but "Let 'Em Have It L" is absolutely amazing. the whole first album is on a very constant quality level all the way through, "Put It On", "MVP", "No Endz, No Skinz", "8 Iz Enuff", "Danger Zone", "All Black, "Street..." - wait, i'm mentioning the whole album haha. it's hard for me to choose a favorite of that LP cuz i love it to death and was also the first DITC record i got, the original LP press too that's quite rare today.

then you got "The Big Picture", it's not as good but it's a banger. favorite tracks there, "Platinum Plus", "The Enemy" (tho it also was on the DITC album), "The Triboro", "Who You Slidin' With" (not the shitty Pete Rock remix but the original Buckwild mix), "EBONICS" MAAANN - i played the shit out of that and "Size 'Em Up" when those came out in '99 on 12" single. fucking amazing shit. "The Big Picture" could've been better but nontheless it's a good album for sure - "Holdin' It Down"'s a classic.

then the DITC album and non-album DI tracks where he came so fucking rugged, "Thick", "Way Of Life", "DAY ONE", "Get Yours", Premier's remix of "Ebonics" and the L tribute was just beautiful (just like OC's "PSalm #23). then you got joints like "All Love", "Internationally Known", "5 Fingaz Of Death", "Yes You May (Remix)" (first apperance on wax), "Dangerous", "Dignified Soldiers", especially the remix. aah fuck it, plus other guest spots hahha.. Big was the fucking illest man

i can't do this there's too many heaters in that catalouge but ok, a favorite of mine out of many - we could take "Put It On" or "MVP" since those were the first tracks that got me hooked on him but at the same time i have such heavy memories and always gets nostalgic when listening to "Ebonics" too.

haha damn fucking long post but i got carried away, L's the man and i might be slightly high

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!