Thread: PLEASE HELP! Burning FLAC to audio CDs

Default PLEASE HELP! Burning FLAC to audio CDs

i was struggling with this a while back, people saying you need a program to convert FLAC to Wav first which sounds stupid as hell since WAV is already more or less lossless so why wouldn't people just rip in WAV instead then.

after much searching I came across a software called "Magic FLAC CD Burner" which worked very well and I burned about 5 audio CD's (regular CD-Rs) with that but now my trial period is over. I was also recommended "CD Burner XP" and i downloaded that and everything seems fine, i put in my CD-R, load the FLAC files I want on the CD into a folder in the software and it starts analyzing the files. when it analyzed them all I get a message, something along the lines that I can't do this on this type of CD and i should put in another CD. what's the deal with that?

please recommend me a good software for burning FLAC to audio-CDs, and a free one at that (or in the worst case a trial version cuz it's not that much i need to burn right now). also none of that bullshit that needs coverting in one program and burning in another. pass!!

thx for your help.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

yeah some help here would be dope

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

do u download torrents? u might be able to find a cracked version of Magic FLAC cd burner

also, did you search google pretty good?
    We do it for the people.

food for thought was right on

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

http://www.freac.org/

edit: just noticed it doesn't have an option to burn, but you should already have a program that does that on your computer so.......
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 04-13-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i was struggling with this a while back, people saying you need a program to convert FLAC to Wav first which sounds stupid as hell since WAV is already more or less lossless so why wouldn't people just rip in WAV instead then.
    Some people perfer FLAC because.........

FLAC is the same quaility as WAV, but in a smaller file size. The format is free from licensing, meaning any device manufacturer can implement it free of charge.

http://softring.blogspot.com/2008/11...0-cracked.html

install then replace all2mp3 from the folder u extract with the same file that shows up in program files->magic flac burner after u install it

cant get it to write to disk so im gonna try what warpath recommended

Post what you did/used, if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

do u download torrents? u might be able to find a cracked version of Magic FLAC cd burner

also, did you search google pretty good?
    Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    food for thought was right on
    Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    http://softring.blogspot.com/2008/11...0-cracked.html

install then replace all2mp3 from the folder u extract with the same file that shows up in program files->magic flac burner after u install it
    i download torrents and from sites like rapidshare, etc and i searched google and torrents site alot and found Magic FLAC CD Burner cracked on several places - including the same link Saverio posted. i downloaded it, and luckily i did an AVG virus search on the .rar file before i unpacked it. it contained 3 Trojan Horse viruses... good damn i really need some help.

there must be programs that can burn FLAC straight to CD-R without converting anything, i also got this program CD Burner XP that's supposedly able to do that and it works fine at first but once i has loaded the FLAC files i want on my CD and it has gone through analyzing all the files i get an error message saying i need a different type of CD-R or something? what could that be? it was a perfectly new CD-R that i just had ripped the plastic off.

Quote Originally Posted by RzaRectum View Post
    Post what you did/used, if it works.
    like i said Magic FLAC CD Burner, the demo version worked absolutely perfectly but you can only use it for 15 days or burn 15 CDs but you can start with that tho. and as I said maybe CD Burner XP works better for you than it did for me (see my post above your quote).

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by WARPATH View Post
    http://www.freac.org/

edit: just noticed it doesn't have an option to burn, but you should already have a program that does that on your computer so.......
    so you mean that i could change the FLAC files to WAV and then burn them in media player or whatever. that would work altho it's not optimal but thx. will try it if nothing else comes up. peace + rep

what he suggested is all that worked for me altho it wouldn't work in my stereo, just thru my computer

PoweriSO can burn FLAC files to create an Audio CD. It can also rip Audio CD to FLAC files.

1. Run PowerISO.

2. Choose "File > New > Audio CD Image" Menu.

3. Click "Add" button on toolbar.

4. Select FLAC files which you want to burn, then click "OK" to add them to the current compilation.

5. Click "Burn" button on toolbar.

6. PowerISO shows FLAC burner dialog.

7. Choose the burning drive which holds a blank CD-R disc.

8. Choose the burning speed.

9. Click "Burn" to start burning.

10. Enjoy flaccy cds
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

thanks for all your contributions guys, i haven't really had the chance to listen if it works until now but when i bought Miles Davis's 2xCD version of "Big Fun" the first disc somehow got a big crack and was unplayable. i burned a 320 kbps rip in media player a long time ago but i realized i should've used FLAC for those type of things.

i used the program "FREAC - Free Audio Converter" that Warpath recommended to convert the FLAC files to WAV and burned it onto a CD with windows media player. very fast converting and the sound quality is perfect now and the software seems to be free. i also used it to convert FLAC to mp3 files which it then rips into a remotely high VBR (around 182 kbps). thanks alot for that recommendation Warpath and I just handed out some rep to you!

No problem. Glad it worked out.